• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Record IP & time/date on sign-up

knipper

Hey everyone...

I have been looking all over for ways to accomplish this, but have not yet found any solutions. Unfortunately I can only tweak others PHP & coding solutions, and am not good enough to write my own.

Here's what I would like to be able to do...

When the customer signs up (creates an account) I want to obtain their IP address, and a date/time stamp when they created it, and write it into the database.

I would like to be able to include this IP address in their Welcome e-mail, But also when sending newsletters be able to append the Date/time stamp and IP from original signup on each newsletter sent.

Any of you osCommerce Guru's help out? I don't have a clue on where to start!

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

HHhmmmm....

So no one has any ideas on this?

I did find an old contribution that was for MS1, to track an IP when orders were placed, but not when i want at the time of sign up.

Any one have suggestions?

Hey everyone...

I have been looking all over for ways to accomplish this, but have not yet found any solutions.  Unfortunately I can only tweak others PHP & coding solutions, and am not good enough to write my own.

Here's what I would like to be able to do...

When the customer signs up (creates an account) I want to obtain their IP address, and a date/time stamp when they created it, and write it into the database.

I would like to be able to include this IP address in their Welcome e-mail, But also when sending newsletters be able to append the Date/time stamp and IP from original signup on each newsletter sent.

Any of you osCommerce Guru's help out?  I don't have a clue on where to start!

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Archived