• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error on verisign payment

When I use payflow, it seems everything is fine except the following error.

Data Entry Error

Please correct the following errors.

Entry Value Description

USER2 18c444392ff521d5119a65e5360e227c Please use (1-31) characters

Edited by heropage

What's the problem?

Please help!

VeriSign|The Sign of Trust on the Net

Data Entry Error

Please correct the following errors.

Entry Value Description

USER2 2278c9e30598d94debce2957adfd6c1f Length (in character) must be between (1-31) characters

• 4 weeks later...

With the new URL -Verisign is enforcing the maximum field lengths. For the Field USER2, which is being used to pass the session information back and forth, the maximum string length is set at 31. Unfortunately the PHP sessions are 32 characters and Verisign does not have a another field available that is 32 or more long to put the session information in. Does anyone else have any ideas of how to pass the session to Verisign and have it returned to the "return URL"? If you remove the USER2 field from posting to Verisign the transactions will process, but upon return the session will be lost so the customer's order will not be processed by OSC resulting in a bunch of charged cards with no order details to go along with them. Verisign's response has been that it is "not their problem" that their payment gateway will no longer work with carts that use sessions, lol. The easiest solution at the moment is to just use a company with an online payment gateway that will actually work with online shopping carts, unlike Verisign. :blush:

Verisign's response has been that it is "not their problem" that their payment gateway will no longer work with carts that use sessions, lol.  The easiest solution at the moment is to just use a company with an online payment gateway that will actually work with online shopping carts, unlike Verisign.  :blush:

Heh, support actually told you the limit was imposed to prevent session based carts? If so, that's ridiculous. I e-mailed their support and told them of the problem and they responded that "engineers are aware of the issue and trying to fix it and to utilize the old processing URL for now." With that said, all it entails is changing the maxlength of the USER2 field to 32 which is a trivial task.

I notified Verisign of this 2 weeks ago, as I was doing some testing for them. it is the session id #, it has 32 and they only accept 31.

use the older payment gateway for now, it will still work properly and then in the meantime find another gateway or call your sales rep, tell them that since they changed their gateway to not accept what you have been using for awhile they need to fix it or else you have to leave and there is no cancellation fee, etc since their programmers have made the changes. i did this right after this was discovered. i still am in contact with the development team there, and they know they have to fix it else they will lose customers and money.

From Verisign Development:

Just an FYI, we will be extending the field length of the USER fields in our next maintenance release due for late March / early April to 50 characters which will resolve this issue.

I work for VeriSign Payment Services and wanted to post that I have submitted a patch request for this issue.

Even though the documentation states that these fields should be 31 characters, our old service did not perform the validation as it should have. Since we have moved to a new version of Payflow Link validation was added.

This will be patched tomorrow after 5:00 pm PST (can take a few hours to be complete) to allow up to 255 characters in the USER1 to USER10 fields.

I work for VeriSign Payment Services and wanted to post that I have submitted a patch request for this issue.

Even though the documentation states that these fields should be 31 characters, our old service did not perform the validation as it should have.  Since we have moved to a new version of Payflow Link validation was added.

This will be patched tomorrow after 5:00 pm PST (can take a few hours to be complete) to allow up to 255 characters in the USER1 to USER10 fields.

Hi Todd,

Thanks! Liz Gail (person that called me regarding changing the URL over) actually had given me your e-mail address originally, but it bounced back undeliverable and I had to just send a blanket request to the support/vps e-mail addy. Needless to say the response back from the first technician left much to be desired even though I had pointed him to this forum/thread and tried to explain the problems that were going to be encountered. Since then I have been in contact with Devin and he has been more than helpful so again... thank you very much to both of you for your attentiveness! You two have definitely restored my desire to stick with VeriSign Payment Services.

Justin

Update, VeriSign Payflow Link USER field issue:

We had an issue deploying our code update last week and had to reschedule the fix for today (Monday, 02/14/05). This fix should go into production starting at 5:00 pm PST.

Todd

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone who has been using older working versions of the verisign payflow contrib been able to get this to work with the new URL? they've fixed the user form field problems, but none of my orders are being entered into the oscommerce database which leads me to believe something else has changed with the new processing page.

this is extremely urgent as they will be auto-redirecting the old coldfusion processing url to the new one starting march 15th leaving little time to get this working again.

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone who has been using older working versions of the verisign payflow contrib been able to get this to work with the new URL? they've fixed the user form field problems, but none of my orders are being entered into the oscommerce database which leads me to believe something else has changed with the new processing page.

this is extremely urgent as they will be auto-redirecting the old coldfusion processing url to the new one starting march 15th leaving little time to get this working again.

tell you the truth i couldnt get it to work at all.....how did you get it to repost to the data back to OSC???????????????

tell you the truth i couldnt get it to work at all.....how did you get it to repost to the data back to OSC???????????????

There have been a few merchants reporting that OS Commerce is using the CUSTID field to store a sessionID. I was under the impression that USER2 is where the sessionID was stored. Do older version store it in CUSTID?

Todd