• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Redirect a Category to another website

Farnastic

Of course it can be done...the capabilities of osCommerce are not limited to what is coded but rather the imagination of the coder.

I implemented something like this for a client a while back. Let me see if I can dig it up...

The basics are that a new field was added to the categories table as "cat_url". Next, added the simple code to the categories box !tep_not_null($whatevervariable[cat_url']) and other small modifications. It worked like a charm...

Bobby

The basics are that a new field was added to the categories table as "cat_url".  Next, added the simple code to the categories box !tep_not_null($whatevervariable[cat_url']) and other small modifications.  It worked like a charm...

Bobby

Ok Chemo, thank you for your reply, but could you be a little more specific in the basics. THat new field is a new category or what? Could you share your experience in this?

thanks

far

Ok Chemo, thank you for your reply, but could you be a little more specific in the basics. THat new field is a new category or what? Could you share your experience in this?

thanks

far

Hi see this post http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129338 works a treat and takes 2 seconds :thumbsup:

Also if anyone can tell me how to make my hyperlink in categories show in the middle section of the site using the method shown in the above post instead of opening a new page it would be much appreciated

Also if anyone can tell me how to make my hyperlink in categories show in the middle section of the site using the method shown in the above post instead of opening a new page it would be much appreciated

Hello redhotbargains,

thank you for your reply. This method is good, of course, but will place the link on top or bottom since all categories in site A will array in alphabetical order, so if category "Computers" is the one to redirect, will not shown whre is supposed to be.

I think that this must be done in the column left, in this part: if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box(); in a way say that if cpath and the category id #, then ..... and make the link to site B. I think the category must be entered in site A, and in some place specify that categoryX will be redirected to (and the link).

I have the idea, the thing is that I don't know how to make the code.

thanks

far

Archived