• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Amount of zones, different shipping options

lambro

Cant seem to get my head round this.

We have complicated shipping rules depending on weight, country etc.

We use four companies based on the rules!

I have zones installed, I made eight to cater for the every options needed, but I am confusing myself if I need this many!

Question is if I install say a UK royal mail module, this states it works on four zones.

Can I have a module for shipping that works on four zones, another with 2, another with 8 etc?

For example our shipping is determined by the following criteria!

1)All packages under 2kg are sent Royal mail.

There are three choices, UK, Europe, Rest of World.

All packages over 2kg are sent dependant on country.

2) Courrier (1) UK only, one weight over 2kg is one price.

3) Courrier (2) within Europe, but not GB. One courrier with five destination prices (european countries) and then 3 weight choices

4) The last courrier (3) we use for outside of europe only, 3 destination choices, loads of weight price options.

Please could somebody just tell me what zones I need and where, as I am confusing myself.

Modules - Zones I have eight, is this right?

Modules, shipping -> Can I have courrier A with 2 zones, courrier 4 with 6 zones, etc etc.

Ignore me I have now solved my problem! I was over complicating things.

If anybody ele was watching this, and wants to know what the .. I am on about and how to solve it if you understand!

I either ship by Royal Mail if up to 2kg,

Or by a courrier if over 2kg, just because I use three different ones it does not mean I need three different methods! I set my zones to the amount needed, added two zone rate systems, and added the country codes to match pricing tables from shipping companies.

If the order hovers around two ways of shipping with prices, customer can simply select which one they prefered.

One of my shipping zones I re-named to Royal Mail, the other I stated it as courrier service.

Easy, now where is that delete button on these forums to stop myself looking silly :blink: :-"