• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What does it mean to dump?

Hi,

I am installing a contibution called menu tabs v2

It wants me to "dump" various SQL commands? What does it mean to dump? I have mysql admin and use it to use SQL commands, but am not sure how I should "dump" the SQL that the author gives.

thanks for your help,

-Alex

Sorry, I have not looked at the contribution in question. Typically, when one refers to "dumping" a database, they mean to export the contents to a file that can be later imported. It could be that the contribution author meant something entirely different.

If you have a series of SQL commands that are to be executed, to insert rows or create tables, then you want the "SQL" tab in phpmyadmin.

Hi, thanks a lot for your help. I do know how to use the SQL command as you said, but I'm a bit confused still about why the author would want me to "dump" the database.

The reason I'm so concerned is because I tried not dumping the database and just inserting the commands into SQL and the contribution did not seem to work properly.

Here are the instructions pertaining to dumping:

---------------

Dumping data for table `tab_conf_active`

#

INSERT INTO tab_conf_active (tab_conf_active_id, tab_conf_active_name, tab_conf_active_on) VALUES (1, 'Default', 1);

INSERT INTO tab_conf_active (tab_conf_active_id, tab_conf_active_name, tab_conf_active_on) VALUES (3, 'Right', 0);

INSERT INTO tab_conf_active (tab_conf_active_id, tab_conf_active_name, tab_conf_active_on) VALUES (2, 'Left', 0);

# --------------------------------------------------------

Can you make any sense of it?

Thanks again,

-Alex

Archived