• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Voucher Removal

oztexs

Hi All,

I am using OSC MS2.2 with Voucher module which I really dont want. I puchased a already installed version as a template for my shop.

How can I easily remove the Gift Voucher contrib from my oscommerce package.

Cheers

without knowing how they customised it, pretty tough to do so. you will need to read thru the whole contribution available in the contribution area and 'reverse' the changes made there.

easiest way is to just comment it out of the information box, the customer will never see it and you dont screw around with the code.

yeah but there must be a way of removing it ?

I un-installed it from one of my stores just like Mibble suggested above, by following the instructions "backwards". let me tell you that unless you performed the install yourself (which it seems you have not) it will kick your butt. It's a pretty involved install.....many many files to edit/replace. And if your store is in more than one language, multiply the chore.

comment out the box like Mibble suggests above or if your store is near vanilla and not live, just re-install oscommerce. might actually be easier!

good luck.