• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

Sorry I still don't get you. OSC does not have a information.php page.

Is this the unlimited information pages contribution?

If so you would have to set them

case 'info_id':
$i++;

Also please remeber this contribution only works using index.php.

Yes I am talking about unlimited information pages contribution only

I did added the code

case 'info_id':

$i++;

$info_query=tep_db_query("select distinct info_title from " . TABLE_INFORMATION

. " where information_id = '" . $url_array[$i] . "'");

$info_name=tep_db_fetch_array($info_query);

$url_parts['path'].='/' . $this->prepare_url($info_name['info_title']) . '/'. $url_array[$i];

break;

In

function pages($page)

{

$page_array=array

(

FILENAME_DEFAULT,

FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO

,FILENAME_INFORMATION)

}

this is taking me to index page only.

And how to go about the Manufacturer Drop Down ?.It is not showing the selected manufacturer ?

Edited by baluvee

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am talking about unlimited information pages contribution only

I did added the code

case 'info_id':

$i++;

$info_query=tep_db_query("select distinct info_title from " . TABLE_INFORMATION

. " where information_id = '" . $url_array[$i] . "'");

$info_name=tep_db_fetch_array($info_query);

$url_parts['path'].='/' . $this->prepare_url($info_name['info_title']) . '/'. $url_array[$i];

break;

In

function pages($page)

{

$page_array=array

(

FILENAME_DEFAULT,

FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO

,FILENAME_INFORMATION)

}

this is taking me to index page only.

And how to go about the Manufacturer Drop Down ?.It is not showing the selected manufacturer ?

The information pages is a tricky one! You would need to set it to change information.php to /Information/ and then what ever the name of the page.

You wopuld then need to change .htaccess for any requests for /infromation/ to be redirected to information.php.

That is your main problem first.

Also I thought you fixed the manufacturers box problem?

If you deleted the manufacturers cache file then it should work.

PM me your FTP details if you still can't fix the manufacturers box problem. I will look at it tomorrow. I need to goto bed now. Speak later!

Well Manufacturer problem is partially solved

Means it is giving the correct Url

but the drop down is not showing the selected manufacturer

You can check your site

http://test.itchi-tech.co.uk/catalog/Hewlett-Packard/

where as the manufacturer drop down is not showing Hewlett Packard.

Ok I see the problem now!

I will fix later.

I have a problem with this contrib. The categories box shows the normal SEF links:

http://www.site.com/tienda/index.php/cPath/22

Products in product listings, products_new box and cart box are beign linked as expected.

It seems that this problem only ocurrs with the categories box and the manufacturers select.

How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance.

The reason and fix is quite simple...

The why.....

When you use this  SE friendly URL's contrib, you are no longer using product_info.php to show the products, instead the products are shown from the index.php file.

The fix....

Change the header tags controllers meta selection functions to take into the equation the that the product now is shown from index.php ( And not from product_info.php as is the standard )

Would you be able to tell me how to do that? I'm a php rookie.

Would you be able to tell me how to do that? I'm a php rookie.

You would need to add in in the header tag contribution where it defines the headers for index.php

Somthing like:

if (isset(products_id)) {

your product_info.php header tags

} else {

your index.php header tags

}

For those of you who have a problem with header tag controller I have just released this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3357

Support thread can be found here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160950

Still needs testing though!

Edited by BlueYon

The reason and fix is quite simple...

The why.....

When you use this SE friendly URL's contrib, you are no longer using product_info.php to show the products, instead the products are shown from the index.php file.

The fix....

Change the header tags controllers meta selection functions to take into the equation the that the product now is shown from index.php ( And not from product_info.php as is the standard )

I've been digging and I don't know which is the right file to make this change, I don't want to hit the wrong one.

On the new Contrib, does that replace Header Tags controller or work in conjunction with it?

Bug in SEF

Pending Issues

Hi BlueYon this is Hilton again

1. http://test.itchi-tech.co.uk/catalog/DVD-Movies/Action/

this should list out Action DVDs not Action Softwares

2. Manufacturer problem is partially solved

Means it is giving the correct Url

but the drop down is not showing the selected manufacturer

You can check your site

http://test.itchi-tech.co.uk/catalog/Hewlett-Packard/

where as the manufacturer drop down is not showing Hewlett Packard.

Can you fix this issues plz

Bug in SEF

Pending Issues

Hi BlueYon this is Hilton again

1. http://test.itchi-tech.co.uk/catalog/DVD-Movies/Action/

this should list out Action DVDs not Action Softwares

I had a similar problem on my site, its because both Categories have a sub-directory named Action so its confusing SEF, if you rename one of them then both will now show up properly.

hi all i carnt seam to get mine to work at the mo, im unsure if i have done 2 bits correct.

this the last bit

function tep_reset_cache_block($cache_block) {

global $cache_blocks;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($cache_blocks); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($cache_blocks[$i]['code'] == $cache_block) {

if ($cache_blocks[$i]['multiple']) {

if ($dir = @opendir(DIR_FS_CACHE)) {

while ($cache_file = readdir($dir)) {

$cached_file = $cache_blocks[$i]['file'];

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($j=0, $k=sizeof($languages); $j<$k; $j++) {

$cached_file_unlink = ereg_replace('-language', '-' . $languages[$j]['directory'], $cached_file);

if (ereg('^' . $cached_file_unlink, $cache_file)) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . 'url.cache');<<<<<<thats where i put the file

is that correct

my site runs with no errors but there is no change#?

http://www.ntcstudios.co.uk/e-style-shoppi...talog/index.php

any help would be great, thanks

"may the force be with you....allways..."

I installed this mod including the new metaheader tags mod. I am having problems with all the links to the site. All of them are links and products are pointing only to the default page:

http://www.yourdomain.com

Also, when you click on a link, the page shows the word "index.php" on the right hand corner of the page.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

;)

If I set search engine safe urls to true then nobody can shop because a blank page comes up saying it cannot be found on the server.

Each time I set "force cookie use" then my browser always takes me to the cookie_usage.php page even though my security is set to medium.

Each time I click on a product in the center section of the store I am taken back to the index.php page after I installed this contribution.

Any ideas?

I know this isn't necessarily a problem with SEF URL's but I love the way this looks and want to get it implemented but I'm running into a problem...

When I install this contrib it breaks my Paypal IPN(v3.1.5), mainly these two steps seem to be the root of the problem.

In HTML Output, adding this code

$url_rewrite = new url_rewrite;

$link = $url_rewrite->transform_url($link);

In Application Top adding

// SEO URLs

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'url_rewrite.php');

$url_rewrite = new url_rewrite;

$url_rewrite->request_url();

Any reason why this would break the IPN? It works before this step, doesn't work after. Well it works...but won't update the inventory so it might as well be totally broken.

If I set search engine safe urls to true then nobody can shop because a blank page comes up saying it cannot be found on the server.

Each time I set "force cookie use" then my browser always takes me to the cookie_usage.php page even though my security is set to medium.

Each time I click on a product in the center section of the store I am taken back to the index.php page after I installed this contribution.

Any ideas?

Check your HTTP_COOKIE parameters in catalog/includes/configure.php

I had a similar problem on my site, its because both Categories have a sub-directory named Action so its confusing SEF, if you rename one of them then both will now show up properly.

Yeah I know the reason for the problem.But we have to overcome this using some code logic.This is becuase of cache file being written by SEF mod

Also, when you click on a link, the page shows the word "index.php" on the right hand corner of the page.

Comment the following line in meta_tags.php:

?echo basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);

These are great contributions! :thumbsup:

You can see them in action here (test server):

http://www.suomedia.com/tj/

Matti

Edited by Johnson

I have not got time at the moment to help people out on this contribution!

I have arrived back in the UK, but currently on dial up. I will have broadband installed August 4th (Thursday) so hopefully I will be back in help out people with problems again.

Edited by BlueYon

Hi,

we installed the latest v1.8 version of this wonderful script and everyting works fine except for some (sub)categories that are not openend for some reason.

When you click on them, the exact same page appears instead of the subcategory page. Some work fine and some not, very strange.

Maybe some other people have experience with it, we couldn't find a solution in this forum topic yet.

Thanks!

Hi,

we installed the latest v1.8 version of this wonderful script and everyting works fine except for some (sub)categories that are not openend for some reason.

When you click on them, the exact same page appears instead of the subcategory page. Some work fine and some not, very strange.

Maybe some other people have experience with it, we couldn't find a solution in this forum topic yet.

Thanks!

Double check the names....

No product , category or sub category can have the same name....if it does it will not work korrectly...

Hello,

First of all Thank you so much for this contribution! I installed it yesterday and the URL's look to be working correctly in all. But a problem I am having is this:

My categories are not showing up in my infobox, I have no idea why. You can see the problem here: http://www.fusionimports.com/parts/

I would very much appreciate any help to find my problem here. Again, thanks!