• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

Hi,

I have installed the contribution "catalog_products_with_images_full.php" earlier. It's a product catalog of all my products. After installing this SEF contributin, I cannot open the product catalog anymore. When I try to open this page, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Class 'url_rewrite' not found in /customers/kjolebutikken.com/kjolebutikken.com/httpd.www/oscdemo1/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 70

Can anybody help me?

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have installed the contribution "catalog_products_with_images_full.php" earlier. It's a product catalog of all my products. After installing this SEF contributin, I cannot open the product catalog anymore. When I try to open this page, I get this error message:

Can anybody help me?

Kjolebutikken

Can anyone help ? Have not figured it out yet. All input is very appreciated.

Thank you so much :-)

Kolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is probably a really lame question but i am interested in this contribution but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use a file with the extension .tar......any help would be appreciated.

I know this is probably a really lame question but i am interested in this contribution but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use a file with the extension .tar......any help would be appreciated.

Ok - I assume you are either newbie or a windows junkie ... either way this is Unix101. If using Linux you can run tar -xvf filename.tar or tar -zxvf filename.tar.gz if it's zipped. If using windows you can use winrar to unzip the files but remember you need to be using Apache as this contrib makes use of the .htaccess file and mod rewrite.

Thanks

Nick

Kodus to the author of this contribution. I got it set up in one go and works like charm, except one little problem: when I load the review page, I see the error message at the bottom, which I could not figure out what causes it. Can someone help up here?

You can see the error here:

http://perfect-clones.com/product_reviews_...9/reviews_id/27

Great contribution,

I managed to get it set up on a test windows box at home after a bit of fiddling with apache config- works perfectly except I get the "Error! Unable to determine the page link!" message at the foot of the page EVEN THOUGH the SEF urls are working perfectly, has anyone had a similar problem or is there anyway to stop this happening?

good day! ive tried the sef(search engine friendly), then i have followed the installation guide that you've write and apply it in my osc(site) that i have work on, then when i run it i have encounter error 500, whats the requirements of sef? is it ok if i run it localy or online? then what is the use of other files in the zip that i downloaded? sory if have so many questions... i am new to osc i have use osc for 2 months then thier are so many things i wana know hope to here from you and can help me to with my problems.... good day and god bless

This is my second attempt at creating a better version of the search engine safe urls.

It will change URLS from:

http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...p;products_id=1

to:

http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/

You can see it being used on a live site here:

http://www.itchi-tech.com

• 4 weeks later...
Another issue, when I click a category at first, it shows http://www.mysite.com/index.php/cPath/1

When I click it again, it shows http://www.mysite.com/Category-Name

Why is it only working the second time I click?

Same here! It seems the urls aren't being changed on the index page....

Any ideas?

Edited by Melinda Odom

I have problems with last version of Header Tags Controller.

It seems that Seach Engine Friendly URL' fix for HTC support is out of date - according to instructions, I need to replace meta_tags.php with new one

this is not the latest version. what you downloaded was an ADD-ON to make header tags controller work with blueyon's seo friendly url's.

if you do not want to use header tag controller with blueyon's seo urls, you ignore any package submitted by me.

but there are no such file on my site with HTC. I see header_tags.php, but after I take meta_tags.php from Seach Engine Friendly URL' fix, copy to the site and rename it to header_tags.php, tags are not added to site pages.

firstly, you must ensure you read the instructions in the latest version submitted by me (eww).. it provides links directly to the other contributions that you must have installed BEFORE using my fix. if you do not have the other mentioned contributions already operative on your site, my fix will not work.

Same here! It seems the urls aren't being changed on the index page....

http://supplementsupermarket.com

Any ideas?

that's extremely strange, i've never seen that before.

firstly: i haven't seen blueyon on the forums in ages so i think it's safe to say this contribution is unsupported. i have only used this contribution on a few shops that i don't regurally work on, so i cannot support it as i am not completely familiar with it's workings.

(if you're just starting a shop), i would recommend you use a search engine friendly contribution that is regurally supported by active members on these forums

Hi

Sorry for being a bit thick but how do I install this?? The readme says

These files has been modified:

admin/includes/functions/general.php

.htaccess

includes/application_top.php

includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

includes/functions/html_output.php

includes/languages/english/index.php

index.php

Please see catalog.diff for details.

I open that and it contains text, rectangles, @ symbols, + symbols etc but I can't see "change this to that".

Thanks

Ian

(if you're just starting a shop), i would recommend you use a search engine friendly contribution that is regurally supported by active members on these forums

Do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations for those of us hosted by GoDaddy &/or Netfirms.

Netfirms server; Apache/1.3.34 (unix) mod_perl/1.26

Apparently the command "Options +FollowSymLinks" isn't supported which kind of rules out Chemo's Ultimate SEO. What about "Seach Engine Friendly URL"?

Are we just plain out of luck with dynamic url's if we can't use FollowSymLinks???

Hi

Sorry for being a bit thick but how do I install this?? The readme says

These files has been modified:

admin/includes/functions/general.php

.htaccess

includes/application_top.php

includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

includes/functions/html_output.php

includes/languages/english/index.php

index.php

Please see catalog.diff for details.

I open that and it contains text, rectangles, @ symbols, + symbols etc but I can't see "change this to that".

Thanks

Ian

Open the install.html and it will show you what to add and change

Do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations for those of us hosted by GoDaddy &/or Netfirms.

Netfirms server; Apache/1.3.34 (unix) mod_perl/1.26

Apparently the command "Options +FollowSymLinks" isn't supported which kind of rules out Chemo's Ultimate SEO. What about "Seach Engine Friendly URL"?

Are we just plain out of luck with dynamic url's if we can't use FollowSymLinks???

i am on godaddy too :) just moved last week

blueyon's sef url (this contribution) does not work on godaddy's server, neither does chemo's.

i use nimmit sef on my site and am currently working on changing my friends' osc sites over to nimmit as well.

unfortunately, nimmit's is extremely buggy and i actually paid somebody to fix out the bugs to get it to work properly. it was a while ago so i can't really tell you what to do, but i can give you my files if you'd like (there's only 2)

send me a pm link to your site if you'd like :)

I downloaded this contrib at: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2796. I d/l'd Seach Engine Friendly URL v1.10 and Url Rewrite fix 3.

I did search the forum before posting, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. The search function should allow searching inside of a topic...

[1] I had to comment out this as follows to allow the site to run after installing this contrib:

<?php /* require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php'); */ ?>

The SEO's work fine. The error I get when that is not commented is:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_name from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

[2] After applying this contrib, not all of my SPPC works correctly. The wholesale price works correctly in catalog and checkout mode, but when you click on buy now or add to cart it shows the retail price. Wholesale price in catalog browse, wholesale price in shopping cart, retail price in detailed view?

Thanks everyone!

Jason

BACKUP your current files before editing. Did I mention to BACKUP your current files, first?

"I'm not a hero, I'm a firefighter; it is my job to save lives. I'm a Jesus Christ Firefighter saving souls from the flames!"

Installed contribs: Almost XP Buttons *** Attribute Sort *** Auto Thumbnail Change *** Column Product Listing (for SPPC v4.0) *** Contact Us Registered *** Country-State Selector 1.3.3J *** CC# Db Mask 1.3 *** Email Order Clickable Link *** Extra Images *** Linkpoint API CVM *** Loginbox Best *** New Spiders *** New Attrib Mgr v.5.0 w/ New Attrib Include *** Multi Product Update *** MySQL Cron *** Pricing per Category *** Product Listing in Columns v2.2 [later upgraded to CPL(SPPC)] *** Product Sort v1.6 *** Seperate Pricing Per Customer v4.15 *** Simple Down for Maintenance [Gokou] *** Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.2.2 *** UPS Worldship Export 1.3 *** Welcome Email username & password

jhsands, are you sure you didn't download my file?

you shouldn't. unless you already have header tags controller, and based on your problem you don't have it.

again, i would recommend another seo url contribution instead of this one... it's not supported and it doesn't seem as though it's widely used.. so other members may be unable to support it as well.

Hello

Im getting this problem only on the top text links and no where else

EG Top ? Catalog ? Warner ? DVD-LTWP

DVD-LTWP is the bad link by having a extra slash in the url, is this happening to any one else??

Here is the url

/product_info.php/cPath//products_id/13

This is my second attempt at creating a better version of the search engine safe urls.

It will change URLS from:

http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...p;products_id=1

to:

http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/

You can see it being used on a live site here:

http://www.itchi-tech.com

iT'S POSIBLE WHITH Seach Engine Friendly URL CONTRIBUTION TO REPLACE THE TRAILING SLASH WITH OTHER EXTENSION? SOMETIG LIKE HTM OR HTML?

THIS IS MY SITE My Webpage

THANK YOU AND PLEASE ESCUSE MY ENGLISH

the file url_rewrite.php which has the function cache_url() has a problem when it works. Here is the code:

function cache_url() {
  global $refresh;

// Read cache is part of the built in OSC cache fucntion
  if (($refresh == true) || !read_cache($url_array, 'url.cache')) {
	// Adds the categories to the URL array
	$categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_id, categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION);

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
	  $url_array[$this->encrypt_url($categories['categories_name'])] = array('key' => 'categories_id', 'value' => $categories['categories_id']);
	}

// Adds the manufacturers to the URL array
	$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS);

while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
	  $url_array[$this->encrypt_url($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'])] = array('key' => 'manufacturers_id', 'value' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id']);
	}

// Adds the products to the URL array
	$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION);

while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
	  $url_array[$this->encrypt_url($products['products_name'])] = array('key' => 'products_id', 'value' => $products['products_id']);
	}

// Write cache is part of the built in OSC cache fucntion
	write_cache($url_array, 'url.cache');
  }
  return $url_array;
}

Follow the logic: if $refresh were true , or read_cache($url_array, 'url.cache') return false, the code will regenerate a new cache. The problem is that on my local test server (using Windows XP OS), the read_cache($url_array, 'url.cache') always return false because the folder /tmp/ does not exist in Windows OS system, so the code always regenerate a new cache when I add a new product or new category. But on the running server (using Linux), the read_cache($url_array, 'url.cache') always return true, so that the code does not regenerate new cache. That means url_rewrite does not work with new products just added. The $refresh variable always is false.

I think I have to find a way to control the value of $refresh variable is that when I add a new product or new category its value is true to make the code regenerate new cache, then is false when regenerate task is done. .... But I dont know how to do it :(

Hi! I'm thinking of installing this contribution but I need some suggestions and tips.

1, Would it be possible for osCommerce to recognize the old product info url's after installing this contribution? Since many sites and blogs are linking to some of the products that would be great.

2, I have installed a lot of other contributions. Does this contribution work with for example;

CCGV(trad)

Header Tags Controller (I think I saw a fix)

STS Template 3.0 Beta 2

Wishlist 3.5d

X-Sell

QTPro 4.25

Featured Products

Many thanks! I really appreciate some help here!

it's painfully clear none of you have been reading the support topic before you ask a question. ;)

see this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...041&st=680#

which states:

i would recommend another seo url contribution instead of this one... it's not supported and it doesn't seem as though it's widely used.. so other members may be unable to support it as well.

Hi

After installing this all my category links point to another domain nspire.tv. I have a customised site and added the //SEF parts of the index.php to mine. Is this right.

Ian