• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

Hi Guys,

I only really want this contribution for allowing artists to have their own page at the end of the url but for some reason after modification with this code i'm getting problems with what appears to be javascript that i'm using, it worked perfectly before but now in Internet Explorer division/section <div> tags which allows for scrolling are causing text to overflow when it should be boxed in, this is the exact same code that i've used previously but i've combined it into one page. Take a look at the two links below to see the differences, basically some javascript is used because I need transparency with some background images which IE doesn't support as standard and therefore I have to use this code.

http://beatpick.com/artist_url2/AcidMan/

If you look at the page in firefox it appears correctly but when looking at this page in IE it breaks out of layers and overflows and none of the transparent png images appear. In Opera the layers are complete and have a scroll bar, three of the transparent images created by javascript work but the <div> tags that use the transparent images don't appear, I'm confused!

Here is the same code without the contrib:

http://beatpick.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=42

Has anyone had any javascript problems or CSS problems since installing this contrib?

Any Help is much appreciated

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this contrib and the urls work fine however my categories box is now blank. Why did my categories just disappear? I tried to find differences in the index.php to see if that was it but wasn't successful.

Has this happened to anyone...anyone know the fix??

Thanks!!

WaWeb

I just installed this contrib and the urls work fine however my categories box is now blank. Why did my categories just disappear? I tried to find differences in the index.php to see if that was it but wasn't successful.

Has this happened to anyone...anyone know the fix??

Thanks!!

WaWeb

I have identified its a problem with the whole using cache feature b.c when i turn cache off the categories are back of course I get a fatal error when trying to click on anything.......PLEASE HELP!

Hi!

I just installed contribution, links work fine but there is two problems.

1-st. Customers cannot login to the site, I think problem is between html_output.php and loginbox best (actually this question remain without answer on this topic's page 13). How can I fix it, help me please!!!

and 2-nd Custom_META_Tags_per_Item stopped work. Thank you.

Viktor.

Edited by Cattom

Hi!

Great contribution!!!! Finally I got it work. :)

It works really fine except one problem. After I installed this contribution Infopages unlimited stopped work. Page looks OK but text don't appear (I mean disappear completely :blink: ) and any attempts to enter text where useless. I even tried reinstall infopages but nothing happened. Maybe there is some suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by Cattom

I observed after I have installed this contribution:Seach Engine Friendly URL a lot of my urls with redirect 302.

Its true generally this contribution are ok for search engines ranking but redirect 302 it is not!!

Any ideas?

Hi, This contribution is really great and thank you to everyone who worked and helped to make it done.

I have a small problem, my url for principal categories is like http://gh3.ro/gerovital/index.php/cPath/25 intead of http://gh3.ro/gerovital/Skin-Care/ , it is this ok??? you can see the problem on my site My Webpage

Please reply, is not verry urgent :D

Sorry for my english.

Hi!

Does anybody know what the changes are in index.php?? I am trying to install the SEF contribution, but I have made so many changes in my index.php file. I can't just replace it, otherwise my other contributions and changes would be ruined. I already tried to use ExamDiff to figure out what the differences are, but it's too confusing, I don't know anymore where I should delete or add something... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am using SEF for OSC, Its working fine here at http://www.seomart.com but when i moved seomart files to the new server http://www.megriserver.com/index.php, the add to cart, reviews are not working. I also checked that on http://www.megrisoft.com/test/, the add to cart is not working as well as reviews addition, Please help me out from this...

• 3 weeks later...

Absoluely not

Ultimate SEO URL's relies on the use of .htaccess which doesn't work on Windows servers - only Apache servers.

Vger

Will this contrib work if I am using an IIS (Windows-based) server?

I really like the idea of this contrib....

Is there anything that will do the same for a windows-based installation of osC?

Sure - an upgrade to Linux wll work :D

Seriously though, you can try with Apache on windows as the .htaccess files work with that too and setup should be similar to linux.

IIS is an absolute no go as far as I know as stated by Vger

I got everything installed but now I am noticing an error when I try to go to the "products webpage" redirect.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/online/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /home/online/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I have a problem with the Search Engine Friendly....

On some pages (ie: Shopping Cart) the link to some products (that are already in the cart) have a double '//' this causes a product not found error.

Can someone please help!

Thank you.

I have problems with last version of Header Tags Controller.

It seems that Seach Engine Friendly URL' fix for HTC support is out of date - according to instructions, I need to replace meta_tags.php with new one, but there are no such file on my site with HTC. I see header_tags.php, but after I take meta_tags.php from Seach Engine Friendly URL' fix, copy to the site and rename it to header_tags.php, tags are not added to site pages.

How to fix this?

Thanks!

It's also extremely strange regarding HTC fix:

documentation says, "DO NOT INSTALL THIS PACKAGE IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE HEADER TAGS CONTROLLER AND META TAG CONTROLLER SUPPORT (by BlueYon) INSTALLED!!"

How it's possible to install these two components at once? they are interchangeable!

anybody has ideas how to deal with this issue?

I have problems with last version of Header Tags Controller.

It seems that Seach Engine Friendly URL' fix for HTC support is out of date - according to instructions, I need to replace meta_tags.php with new one, but there are no such file on my site with HTC. I see header_tags.php, but after I take meta_tags.php from Seach Engine Friendly URL' fix, copy to the site and rename it to header_tags.php, tags are not added to site pages.

How to fix this?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'ma beginner regarding php coding, so i thought it would be a good ideea to ask for help in a small problem i encountered.

I downloaded the contribution Friendly URL's for Oscommerce and i must say it's wonderfull.

I tried to make a small modification regarding how page is interpreted... instead of writing the url:

www.site.com/category/page/1/

I want it to be like

www.site.com/category/pag1/

I modified the url_rewrite.php from includes/classes but even though it rewrites my url the url doesn't

work.

The modifications i made to the file are:

After

///////////////

case 'manufacturers_id':

$i++;

$manufacturer_query = ....

$manufacturer_name = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

$url_parts['path'] .= '/' . $this->prepare_url($manufacturer_name['manufacturers_name']);

break;

////////////

I added:

/////////////

case 'page':

$i++;

$pagina = 'pag' . (int)$url_array[$i];

$url_parts['path'] .= '/' . $this->prepare_url($pagina);

break;

///////////////

Deleted the:

//////

case 'page':

$i++;

$HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] .= $request_url_array[$i];

break;

//////

And finally added:

//////

// Adds the page to the URL array

for ($j = 1; $j <= 100; $j++) {

$pagina = 'pag' . (int)$j;

$url_array[$this->encrypt_url($pagina)] = array('key' => 'page', 'value' => (int)$i);

}

//////

before write cache...

Hope somebody can find the time to help me in this matter.

Thank you for you all effort on this contribution.

I have been reading in this thread and killed my eyes but I still couldn't figure out if "Seach Engine Friendly URL" work with IIS.

after I installed version 1.10 I see an extra '/' appears after the category part

when I click on any product, I just can't go through.

Anyone know how to sort it out? Thanks

I have been reading in this thread and killed my eyes but I still couldn't figure out if "Seach Engine Friendly URL" work with IIS.

Post #665 from Vger was pretty clear ... "Absolutely not"

If you want to use SEF you need to use Apache

Thanks

Nick

Post #665 from Vger was pretty clear ... "Absolutely not"

If you want to use SEF you need to use Apache

Thanks

Nick

Opps, i didn't realise Seach Engine Friendly URL v1.10 applies similar similar code as Utimate SEO in behind.

hi BlueYon and thanx for the contrib and all the people

evolving it so far...

got one question regarding url_rewrite.php... there is

this line:

// Convert special characters from European countries into the English alphabetic equivalent
$url = strtr($url, '?????ΐΑΒΓΔΕΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΡΣΤΥΦΨΩΪΫάέΰαβγδεηθικλμνξορςστυφψωϊϋόύ', 'SZszYAAAAAACEEEEIIIINOOOOOOUUUUYaaaaaaceeeeiiiinoooooouuuuyy');

is there a way to convert the characters to "percent escapes" utf-8,

instead of the English equivalent? for example:

Α = %CE%91
Β = %CE%92
Γ = %CE%93
Δ = %CE%94

this is the best practise for the Greek alphabet... You

can see it applied throughout wikipedia and also when

you search google in Greek... Here's the query string

from google when searching for Υπολογιστές (Computers):

http://www.google.com/search?q=%CE%A5%CF%8...%84%CE%AD%CF%82

and here's the page for the same word from wikipedia:

http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Βι&...64;ές

tried to work around the url_rewrite.php but had no luck

at all...

Edited by Psyx

Hi,

I'ma beginner regarding php coding, so i thought it would be a good ideea to ask for help in a small problem i encountered.

I downloaded the contribution Friendly URL's for Oscommerce and i must say it's wonderfull.

I tried to make a small modification regarding how page is interpreted... instead of writing the url:

www.site.com/category/page/1/

I want it to be like

www.site.com/category/pag1/

I modified the url_rewrite.php from includes/classes but even though it rewrites my url the url doesn't

work.

The modifications i made to the file are:

After

///////////////

case 'manufacturers_id':

$i++;

$manufacturer_query = ....

$manufacturer_name = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

$url_parts['path'] .= '/' . $this->prepare_url($manufacturer_name['manufacturers_name']);

break;

////////////

I added:

/////////////

case 'page':

$i++;

$pagina = 'pag' . (int)$url_array[$i];

$url_parts['path'] .= '/' . $this->prepare_url($pagina);

break;

///////////////

Deleted the:

//////

case 'page':

$i++;

$HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] .= $request_url_array[$i];

break;

//////

And finally added:

//////

$url_array[$this->encrypt_url($pagina)] = array('key' => 'page', 'value' => (int)$i);

}

//////

before write cache...

Hope somebody can find the time to help me in this matter.

Thanks everyone for all the help that you DID NOT PROVIDE...

In case anyone wants to know the problem was a misspell, the correct code was:

//////

$url_array[$this->encrypt_url($pagina)] = array('key' => 'page', 'value' => (int)$j);

}

//////