• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

But will chemo's ultimate SEO url pack change my url's to look like: http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/ where the category and product names or in the url? Or is that only available with the SEO friendly URL contribution?

Click here to see how the different seo & sef url contributions will make your urls look like....

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive installed evertyhin but now getting this error message

Warning: main(includes/classes/url_rewrite.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux205/t/twinkletoes.uk.net/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Warning: main(includes/classes/url_rewrite.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux205/t/twinkletoes.uk.net/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/url_rewrite.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux205/t/twinkletoes.uk.net/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

No fix available....

If  Use search engine friendly url's (Still in development) do not work on your hosting/server you can not use Blueyon's Search Engine Friendly Url' s eighter..

In such a case you can choose one of these ones instead:

- Ultimate SEO Url's

- Sef link transformer

- Nimmit Sefs

hm.. ok, i already tried ultimate seo url's, but that one doesnt work either

i'll try some others then.

thanks for your support

hm.. ok, i already tried ultimate seo url's, but that one doesnt work either

i'll try some others then.

thanks for your support

Are you hosted on a Windows or a Linux server?

Are you hosted on a Windows or a Linux server?

as far as i know on a linux server

but i'm not too sure though actually.. maybe that's why it doesnt work, i tried other too, but they all dont work.

i dont know where to find info about my host yet

because i didnt put up this site, it's done by someone else, and now my job is too keep it up-to-date, cause the other one left

as far as i know on a linux server

but i'm not too sure though actually.. maybe that's why it doesnt work, i tried other too, but they all dont work.

i dont know where to find info about my host yet

because i didnt put up this site, it's done by someone else, and now my job is too keep it up-to-date, cause the other one left

1. Go to your shops admin and under tools>>Server Info , you can view info about your server/hosting

Check which HTTP Server.... (For these mods to work this should be Apache)

And further down under Apache...check that mod_rewrite is listed among the Loaded Modules.

If those 2 are ok...then it should work.....

Hi all

I installed this contrib the other night and it seemed to be fine, but the following night I got an SMS from a guy who was trying to buy something on the site to say that he kept getting the cookie_usage.php page and no matter what he did with his pc, he still couldnt get in, so I went in and switched off the enable cookies and he tried again but it wouldnt work for him.

I then spent yesterday trying to get it working and no matter what I did, it just wouldnt work for me, so I decided to uninstall it and followed the instructions in reverse.

I thought I had everything done correctly, but now my site will not display at all and I have been up all night at it and I am now receiving emails to say customers cannot see my shop any longer????

The error message I get is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: read_cache() in /home/myname/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php on line 157

so I deleted the url_rewrite file as i wasnt sure if there was one there before and the new one edited it or it was just a new file

Now I get

Warning: main(includes/classes/url_rewrite.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myname/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Warning: main(includes/classes/url_rewrite.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myname/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/url_rewrite.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myname/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Sorry if this is long and drawn out, but I have been up for about 28 hours now with no sleep and I am really at the stage where its all just becoming a blur to me

Can anybody help me out please???

Hi all

I installed this contrib the other night and it seemed to be fine, but the following night I got an SMS from a guy who was trying to buy something on the site to say that he kept getting the cookie_usage.php page and no matter what he did with his pc, he still couldnt get in, so I went in and switched off the enable cookies and he tried again but it wouldnt work for him.

I then spent yesterday trying to get it working and no matter what I did, it just wouldnt work for me, so I decided to uninstall it and followed the instructions in reverse.

I thought I had everything done correctly, but now my site will not display at all and I have been up all night at it and I am now receiving emails to say customers cannot see my shop any longer????

The error message I get is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: read_cache() in /home/myname/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php on line 157

so I deleted the url_rewrite file as i wasnt sure if there was one there before and the new one edited it or it was just a new file

Now I get

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/url_rewrite.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myname/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Sorry if this is long and drawn out, but I have been up for about 28 hours now with no sleep and I am really at the stage where its all just becoming a blur to me

Can anybody help me out please???

It seems that you have neglected to remove this from your includes/application_top.php

// SEO URLs 
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'url_rewrite.php'); 
 $url_rewrite = new url_rewrite;
 $url_rewrite->request_url();

after finally giving up and putting into a top level domain, everything worked.

did not work AT ALL when my url was mysite.com/shop

now that it's mysite.com it works

If you want to put your oscommerce in a subdirectory (not in root), thi code willnot work.

You should change in the file url_rewrite.php this code:

search the function transform_url

search

if ((strpos($url, 'action')) || (!$this->pages(current($url_array = explode('/', trim(ltrim($url_parts['path'], DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG), '/'))))))
       return $url;

replace with

if ((strpos($url, 'action')) || (!$this->pages(current($url_array = explode('/', trim(str_replace(DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG, '', $url_parts['path']), '/'))))))
       return $url;

The only change is: the function "ltrim" is not good to make this work. Replaced it with str_replace.

Form me it works, let me know ;)

bye

1. Go to your shops admin and under tools>>Server Info , you can view info about your server/hosting

Check which HTTP Server.... (For these mods to work this should be Apache)

And further down under Apache...check that mod_rewrite is listed among the Loaded Modules.

If those 2 are ok...then it should work.....

ok.. so that's my problem:

HTTP Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

so there's no way to let it work on IIS? probably not..

well anyways.. thanks for your support

Please Help!!!!!

I've installed evertyhing but now getting this error message instead of my site

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/url_rewrite.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux205/t/twinkletoes.uk.net/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 123

Can anyone help?

ok guys, I need some advice. I installed this and got it to work...somewhat. The urls are friendly alright but now... When I click on a link in my naviagation bar, it just takes me back to my home site.

here you guys can try it out.

www.tahitiimports.com

ok guys, I need some advice.  I installed this and got it to work...somewhat.  The urls are friendly alright but now...  When I click on a link in my naviagation bar, it just takes me back to my home site.

here you guys can try it out.

www.tahitiimports.com

scratch that...somehow with a few mana spells and the right amount of goat hair it all started working. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just added the contrib and the urls are friendly and working great. However I am no longer able to add the product to the shopping cart.

I get the following error.

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Please help

Thank You

Greets - installed this neat contrib and seems to work just great when clicking on products. Woule really really appreciate help with these 2 problems:

1. When go to checkout though get messages that "We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or has set cookies to be disabled." but cookies are enabled in both Firefox and IE

2. In admin get: "Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/shaktico/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1197" - but appears that the admin page is working okay.

Thanks much

Ron

I just added the contrib and the urls are friendly and working great. However I am no longer able to add the product to the shopping cart.

I get the following error.

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Please help

Thank You

If you had Read through this support tread and you would have found the answer already...

Its related to setting Use Search Engine Friendly Urls to true in your shops admin, this does not work on many hosting/server set-ups.

If it does not work for you, you can eighter reconfigure your server, move to another hosting or you can simply not use this function and along with it this contribution.

There are plenty of other seo/sef url contributions which do not require you to set Use Search Engine Friendly Urls to True, to see some click on Seo & Sef Urls in my signature under.

Greets - installed this neat contrib and seems to work just great when clicking on products. Woule really really appreciate help with these 2 problems:

1. When go to checkout though get messages that "We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or has set cookies to be disabled." but cookies are enabled in both Firefox and IE

2. In admin get: "Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/shaktico/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1197" - but appears that the admin page is working okay.

Thanks much

Ron

1. You have an incorect cookie path setting in your includes/configure.php

2. go over the install again and check the mods you made in admin/includes/functions/general.php

1. You have an incorect cookie path setting in your includes/configure.php

2. go over the install again and check the mods you made in admin/includes/functions/general.php

I can't see that the cookie path is incorrect - or rather, I don't know how it is:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.shakticom.org');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://host233.ipowerweb.com/~xxxxxx/');

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.shakticom.org');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'host233.ipowerweb.com/~xxxxxx');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

Any thoughts?

re 2. - here is my function tep_reset_cache_block -

function tep_reset_cache_block($cache_block) {

global $cache_blocks;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($cache_blocks); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($cache_blocks[$i]['code'] == $cache_block) {

if ($cache_blocks[$i]['multiple']) {

if ($dir = @opendir(DIR_FS_CACHE)) {

while ($cache_file = readdir($dir)) {

$cached_file = $cache_blocks[$i]['file'];

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($j=0, $k=sizeof($languages); $j<$k; $j++) {

$cached_file_unlink = ereg_replace('-language', '-' . $languages[$j]['directory'], $cached_file);

if (ereg('^' . $cached_file_unlink, $cache_file)) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . $cache_file);

}

}

}

closedir($dir);

}

} else {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$cached_file = ereg_replace('-language', '-' . $languages[$i]['directory'], $cached_file);

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . $cached_file);

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . 'url.cache');

}

}

break;

Thanks very much for any help, I'm hoping to get this running - really like the way it looks on the bike site - - appreciate it.

Ron

Edited by BuddahBoy

I just installed this contribution, and it works well. Great solution for SEO.

for some reason, after I installed it, I see alot of this showing up in my user tracking:

/robots.txt

/favicon.ico

I seem to get alot of hits on those now. I notice that when I remove

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

from my .htaccess file, they go away. What does those line do? Why am I seeing robots.txt in my urls now?

I can't see that the cookie path is incorrect - or rather, I don't know how it is:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.shakticom.org');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://host233.ipowerweb.com/~xxxxxx/');

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.shakticom.org');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'host233.ipowerweb.com/~xxxxxx');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/osCommerce1/catalog/');

Any thoughts?

re 2. - here is my function tep_reset_cache_block -

function tep_reset_cache_block($cache_block) {

global $cache_blocks;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($cache_blocks); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($cache_blocks[$i]['code'] == $cache_block) {

if ($cache_blocks[$i]['multiple']) {

if ($dir = @opendir(DIR_FS_CACHE)) {

while ($cache_file = readdir($dir)) {

for ($j=0, $k=sizeof($languages); $j<$k; $j++) {

$cached_file_unlink = ereg_replace('-language', '-' . $languages[$j]['directory'], $cached_file);

if (ereg('^' . $cached_file_unlink, $cache_file)) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . $cache_file);

}

}

}

closedir($dir);

}

} else {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$cached_file = ereg_replace('-language', '-' . $languages[$i]['directory'], $cached_file);

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . $cached_file);

@unlink(DIR_FS_CACHE . 'url.cache');

}

}

break;

Thanks very much for any help, I'm hoping to get this running - really like the way it looks on the bike site - - appreciate it.

Ron

The problem actually seems to be that you use a shared ssl , which clashes with force cookies set to true....

Edited by toyicebear

Hy!

I have an old version of oscommerce and tried to install this module.

Following the installation manual i stumble across "set force cookies = true" which can not be found within the admin menu.

Just defineing the Cookie Domain in "includes/configuraction.php" and follow any other steps of the manual seems not to be enough.

I think, this old version does not support "Force cookies".

Before you ask: it is not possible to install a new version but manual changes are possible.

Could you think of a way to let the module run anyway?

Thanks in advance, :)

peterLE

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your contribution..its realy great..But when we did this we got problem about cookies...when we add products..in cart ..its shows cookie disable...

Sessions > Force Cookie Use > True

When we changed..to False, and then all SEO url not working and...site is working fine..no prob..so pls. tell me solution for this..i checked..config. file..and remove http:// ..but then also same problem.

My site URL is http://shopping.khazano.com

Best Regards

vishal