BlueYon

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just paste this:

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
?window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

before the

</head>

uuhm don't know what the problem is then, because i can't reproduce :(

tag in index.php.

Make sure it isn't in <?php ?> tags (it's normal html!!)

Hi All,

Me back again. Thanks for the replies.

I've tried the popup window script in my Index.php between the head tags and my pop ups still don't work on the product info pages but do on the reviews pages. All i get at the bottom of the page is "error on page". The pop up is looking for the original pID instead of the new address created by the contribution?

Has anybody got any more ideas on what could be the problem and how to resolve it.

TIA

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Hi All,

Me back again. Thanks for the replies.

I've tried the popup window script in my Index.php between the head tags and my pop ups still don't work on the product info pages but do on the reviews pages. All i get at the bottom of the page is "error on page". The pop up is looking for the original pID instead of the new address created by the contribution?

Has anybody got any more ideas on what could be the problem and how to resolve it.

TIA

Julian

if you right click on the image (not the popup) and choose properties what does it say?

should be something like:

java script:popupWindow('http://www.bioxs.nl/shop/popup_image.php/pID/65')

if you right click on the image (not the popup) and choose properties what does it say?

should be something like:

java script:popupWindow('http://www.bioxs.nl/shop/popup_image.php/pID/65')

You can see the path at the bottom of the page when you hover over the image HERE The review page javascript also looks the same and works!!! I've given you this example at my site above as the review on this page is the same image. A bit lost on this now, it's a shame because everything else appears to be working OK.

TIA

JUlian

No idea whats going on with my site now???

I have re added the pop up script in my index.php and now the pop ups work! very strange. Now when i edit anything in my product info.php it changes nothing? I added the ask a question mod to my product info.php a couple of days ago and now it's gone? The code is there but it doesn't show on the page? I pasted the code to show below the reviews and add to cart buttons, and added a border. Disappeared! gone! Totally confused now, as the code is there.

Julian

ps: i've reconected my ftp many times, just in case it's a connection problem.

No idea whats going on with my site now???

I have re added the pop up script in my index.php and now the pop ups work! very strange. Now when i edit anything in my product info.php it changes nothing? I added the ask a question mod to my product info.php a couple of days ago and now it's gone? The code is there but it doesn't show on the page? I pasted the code to show below the reviews and add to cart buttons, and added a border. Disappeared! gone! Totally confused now, as the code is there.

Julian

ps: i've reconected my ftp many times, just in case it's a connection problem.

that can be right.

This mod puts the product_info.php inside the index.php and catches it with an if statement.

So if you want to add an extra mod where you have to change something in product_info.php change it in index.php

Hey guys I am just getting use to oscommerce so please excuse my lack of knowledge. One of the difficulties I am having is that the oscsid=xxxxxxxxx still shows after the search engine friendly URL has been installed. Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of it? Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys I am just getting use to oscommerce so please excuse my lack of knowledge. One of the difficulties I am having is that the oscsid=xxxxxxxxx still shows after the search engine friendly URL has been installed. Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of it? Please reply. Thanks in advance.

You need to force cookies in the admin panel > comnfiguration > sessions.

If force cookies does not work you normally need to put in your config file www.youroite.com wheres its asking for cookie domain.

yea have done that, se friendly urls is still working now manufacturers box doesn't work at all, no errors, you just select a manufacturer and it doesn't do anything, any tips? however when i type in the url of a manufacturer it still works.

yea have done that, se friendly urls is still working now manufacturers box doesn't work at all, no errors, you just select a manufacturer and it doesn't do anything, any tips?  however when i type in the url of a manufacturer it still works.

If you goto this website does it work?

http://test.priority-parts.com

I've solve the header tag problem using RikP' s method.  :thumbsup:

I have tried the mod in the header_tags.php as posted by RikP and i can't get it to work.

The header shows the category, but not the product.

When i click on a product it goes to the default and mirrors the address bar??

Any ideas please?

Cheers and TIA

Julian

I tried this MOD on a totally new OSC and still got the "Link error" problem on product- review pages and add-to-cart pages.

At the bottom of product- review and add- to- cart page, it says :

"

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

"

Besides this small bug, everything works good.

I think it may have sth. to do with the apache server config.

Could you pls. tell me the exact httpd.conf configuration to support this MOD?

I have tried the mod in the header_tags.php as posted by RikP and i can't get it to work.

The header shows the category, but not the product.

When i click on a product it goes to the default and mirrors the address bar??

Any ideas please?

Cheers and TIA

Julian

If you have modified header_tags.php, please also check whether you input a header tag for the product. If not , the header will show the category. I made such mistakes before. :blush:

Love the Mod!

Took me 2 days to install it and get it working, but I did get it.

There is something that would have helped me in the install, and I thought I would share it here, in thought that maybe it would be added to a note in the install, to save others, maybe, from doing the same.

The little note, about this mod actually pulling the product_info.php file into this one, so any other mods would need to be made here instead of product_info.php. that would have saved a bald spot for me ;)

anyway,,, Wanted to put my two cents worth in,, and say a great big THANKS!! for the work on this mod,, I love it.

Regards

Tom

Hi Everyone!

I am trying for two days now to install SEO and it seems only to work fine only when cookie is forced. Any other option fails. (only cname works, rewrite fails too)

I have noticed this syntax error in a previous contribution I have installed in admin 'Quick Updates'.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

select manufacturers_name from manufacturers where manufacturers_id=

[TEP STOP]

It looked like a minor error to me since it only occured under rare circumstances but I am starting to believe this could be the cause to the problem I am experiencing with the SEO.

Could anyone confirm this?

Also could anyone give me the exact syntax to insert into the database to solve this problem?

Many Thanx!

As mentionned in my previous post I was kinda stuck to this.

I have figured out that 2 lines were duplicated in .htaccess so both Cname en html (rewrite) works.

The only thing is that I have to have forced cookie enabled to get rid of the ?osCsid=31706b5e8d9717d42fb8d185a72cd8cc

Does anyone knows how I can get rid of this ?0sCsid without using forced cookies?

Any reply would be great.

Hi

i have installed the module

the problem i am facing it that when i try to open domain.com/software/microsoft

it gets open but none of the links work from the index page or any other page.

i read the previous post where in it was instructed to make a change in the application_top page

i did that too.

i am using the v 1.4

Please help me.

Regards

Rushik