• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

I installed this mod beginning of the year. The mod is working fine. I?ve got a problem for some time now. But shop is still running. My problem boils down the continue shopping in shopping_cart.php

I have read all post regarding the continue shopping button. I am at a point, do I remove Ultimate SEO URLs or what.In the last post I received was suggested to leave a post here.

So my last hope, has anyone ever had a problem with the shopping continue button in shopping cart? If so, I would appreciate any help on this.

This is where I posted my post -> http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1221863

My site is located here .

Thanks

blr044

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed this mod beginning of the year. The mod is working fine. I?ve got a problem for some time now. But shop is still running. My problem boils down the continue shopping in shopping_cart.php

I have read all post regarding the continue shopping button. I am at a point, do I remove Ultimate SEO URLs or what.In the last post I received was suggested to leave a post here.

So my last hope, has anyone ever had a problem with the shopping continue button in shopping cart? If so, I would appreciate any help on this.

This is where I posted my post -> http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1221863

My site is located here .

Thanks

blr044

Ultimate SEO URLs is a different thread. This is for Search Engine Friendly Url

You can view it here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154166

Search Engine Friendly Url was causing an error in the manufacturers dropdown portion of the infobox.

It is fixed now and updated to 1.13

As much as I think this is a huge SEO mistake to use it, I went ahead and fixed the broken contribution anyway.

Good luck in all you do,

Google Junky

Hi @ll!

Today i installed the new version 1.13 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2796) now i have an issue with my page.

When i hover on a category in the menue the link appears like "domain.de/category" but when i click on it, the requested page is not found on the server "error 404" appears on my screen?

The .htacces files is written correctly.

Has any one a idea?

Beste regards

Rudi

Hi everyone,

I was able to install this successfully on my wamp server. but when i uploaded my whole site to the actual server the re-written urls had a bunch of extra slashes...

normally it would be www.mysite.com/categories/

but now it says www.mysite.com/:///categories/

anyone have an idea on what causes this? but when i access the categories site directly (www.mysite.com/categories/) everything works fine.

hope you guys could help

Hi everyone,

I was able to install this successfully on my wamp server. but when i uploaded my whole site to the actual server the re-written urls had a bunch of extra slashes...

normally it would be www.mysite.com/categories/

but now it says www.mysite.com/:///categories/

anyone have an idea on what causes this? but when i access the categories site directly (www.mysite.com/categories/) everything works fine.

hope you guys could help

I'll think you must clear the cache. i'll remember far away i had the some problem... that's solve my issue.

Hi @ll!

Today i installed the new version 1.13 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2796) now i have an issue with my page.

When i hover on a category in the menue the link appears like "domain.de/category" but when i click on it, the requested page is not found on the server "error 404" appears on my screen?

The .htacces files is written correctly.

Has any one a idea?

Beste regards

Rudi

I know you said you have the .htaccess written correctly, but I'll ask anyway.

Is your store located at domain.com/ or domain.com/catalog/ ?

The rewritebase will change according to where your store is at

RewriteBase /

if at the domain.com

RewriteBase /catalog

if it has a directory starting point

That was one thing that would cause the error you are having

Edited by googlejunky

using this contribution on my new "test" shop for my site.

I wanted to use SEO and this seems to be the only one i've gotten to work.

STILL DOESN'T COMPLETELY WORK HOWEVER.

Can't use most buttons

I.E.

BUY IT NOW BUTTON LINKS TO THIS

http://ordermykicks.com/index.php/cPath/21.../products_id/28

and then click on it and it says this

No input file specified.

same with all other buttons.

please help, thanks!

using this contribution on my new "test" shop for my site.

I wanted to use SEO and this seems to be the only one i've gotten to work.

STILL DOESN'T COMPLETELY WORK HOWEVER.

Can't use most buttons

I.E.

BUY IT NOW BUTTON LINKS TO THIS

http://ordermykicks.com/index.php/cPath/21.../products_id/28

and then click on it and it says this

No input file specified.

same with all other buttons.

please help, thanks!

I went to your site and you have two warnings on the top of the page that show you haven’t finished the setup of osCommerce.

Let me know when you have this accomplished so I can go and look again

I went to your site and you have two warnings on the top of the page that show you haven’t finished the setup of osCommerce.

Let me know when you have this accomplished so I can go and look again

I just did it now, I fluent in OSCOMMERCE dont let the warnings fool you, I just didn't want to take time out of my life to do that if the SEO doesn't work anyways.

So it's complete, what shall I do now?

I just did it now, I fluent in OSCOMMERCE dont let the warnings fool you, I just didn't want to take time out of my life to do that if the SEO doesn't work anyways.

So it's complete, what shall I do now?

Hmm

http://ordermykicks.com/catalog/index.php seems to work fine all the way up to finishing an order.

The url you gave me to look at didn't have a catalog directory though.

Am I seeing this while you are changing something or...?

If it still seems to be a problem then you may try turning off Search Engine Safe Urls and then turning it back on.

Even clearing the cache may help. I have yet to see a problem with the contribution. I am still looking though.

I really want to help you, but I'm having trouble getting my test version to do what you have happening.

Edited by googlejunky

Look man, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but you aren't listening to me.

don't look at any other installation but the www.ordermykicks.com/index.php.

and if you were actually observant enough you would have realized that I don't even have SEO installed on that.

YOU DO INDEED HAVE THE BEST CONTRIB FOR ME, and I am very interested in getting it to work.

Please help me out.

thanks!

Look man, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but you aren't listening to me.

don't look at any other installation but the www.ordermykicks.com/index.php.

and if you were actually observant enough you would have realized that I don't even have SEO installed on that.

YOU DO INDEED HAVE THE BEST CONTRIB FOR ME, and I am very interested in getting it to work.

Please help me out.

thanks!

Yeah you are sounding like a jerk and you are correct that I didn't notice the url when I had seen the catalog version.

I already know how aggravating it can be to try a contribution only to find it doesn't work. I installed oscommerce 2.2rc2 and most everything doesn't work with it. I am in no way an expert at PHP. I was able to get this contribution to work by way of file comparison. So with that said, you will understand that I am really trying to help to the best of my abilities.

I am very good about tracking down a problem when they are my own files and I am able to test the fixes/solutions.

I have no way to test your situation nor am I able to duplicate it as of yet.

The most I can do by looking at your page is viewing the output source. By using my own installation I was trying to duplicate what you are seeing. The only other way for me to help you with this is to actually see what you have in your files. I would want to see the config, index.php.

There are only two things it can be as far as I can tell.

1. It could be Search Engine Safe Urls needs to be reset in the admin. Disabled and Renabled

2. The biggest one I found was the config file doesn't reflect the directory setup you have

The update I made for this is made for a new installation of osCommerce.

I think you will end up finding that this is a configuration problem.

Did you use the files provided or add the code manually?

Edited by googlejunky

Hi all,

I'm very interested in this contribution, as it sounds like something I need. I do have a question before I attempt to install it. I do have some identical product names and was wondering how this contribution handles that. Do the product names in the catalog need to be unique?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi all,

I'm very interested in this contribution, as it sounds like something I need. I do have a question before I attempt to install it. I do have some identical product names and was wondering how this contribution handles that. Do the product names in the catalog need to be unique?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Go and use Ultimate SEO Urls instead of this one.

2.1d ORIGINAL updated by FWR Media on 23 Feb 2008

Download:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823

Forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130999

I only say this because this contribution would be a SEO nightmare and far as duplicate content.

I have a big message about it within the last two thread pages if you want to read more.

It should be on this page http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...041&st=860#

Edited by googlejunky

I'm having the "TPP" problem, whenever my website loads for the first time all links lead to .../tpp. Then the links are back to normal.

BlueYon, you said it's all about deleting one line of code, I've searched it for hours - all in vain, please tell what line it is 'cause I'm stuck here.

I'm having the "TPP" problem, whenever my website loads for the first time all links lead to .../tpp. Then the links are back to normal.

BlueYon, you said it's all about deleting one line of code, I've searched it for hours - all in vain, please tell what line it is 'cause I'm stuck here.

I searched and found the posted answer. It was on page 8.

About your problem you need to remove this line of code:

if ($host != $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] && $host != $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'])

return $param[1] . $param[2] . $param[3];

from url_rewite.php

I would suggest keeping a backup of the file in the case that this is old information that might not be relevent any longer.

Edited by googlejunky

I searched and found the posted answer. It was on page 8.

I would suggest keeping a backup of the file in the case that this is old information that might not be relevent any longer.

Thank you! I don't know how I missed it going back and through. It works.

Hi googlejunky,

thanks for the module and the time spent sorting it out. I managed to install so far with no problems (have not rechecked my store completely :) ).

I just went back and read some of your previous post a page or 2 before, and I am wondering if I now need to unistall this module and try and install the Ultimate SEO (or what ever it is called).

Can you please advise.

Thanks

Ahhh I spoke too soon. It has some how deactivated my additional image module. Could it do with some sort of code placement thing?

Edited by girl

Hi googlejunky,

thanks for the module and the time spent sorting it out. I managed to install so far with no problems (have not rechecked my store completely :) ).

I just went back and read some of your previous post a page or 2 before, and I am wondering if I now need to unistall this module and try and install the Ultimate SEO (or what ever it is called).

Can you please advise.

Thanks

Ahhh I spoke too soon. It has some how deactivated my additional image module. Could it do with some sort of code placement thing?

My suggestion is to use Ultimate SEO Urls instead. That is just my advice though.

I updated this one assuming I would want to use it and then realized it was very bad for SEO.

It has the potential of allowing a duplicate content penalty from search engines.

You may already know this, but only because it may help I will write it anyway.

Anytime you add code try to add a comment with it as you add it.

If it is in a area where PHP is being used then comment the beginning and end of code being added with

// Named Contribution Starts Here
// Named Contribution Ends Here

If it is in an HTML area of code then use

<!-- Named Contribution Begins Here -->
<!-- Named Contribution Ends Here -->

If I had to guess I would say that most errors in adding contributions happen when new code is introduced and accidentally writing over already existing contributions and also another reason to backup every file that is being changed.

If you are having trouble with images now, then I would say that this could be the reason.

Go back to your original files and start again by adding Ultimate SEO Urls instead.

Hope that helps,

Google Junky

Edited by googlejunky

I have install a fresh installation of oscommerce with search engine friendly 1.13.

It's work a part, but I have an :

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

at language box, I dunno why... someone can help me ?

you can visit my website : http://www.connectique-cable-accessoire.fr/

thans you in advance for your help.

Alex

I am running 2.2-MS2 and I just installed Search Engine Friendly URL v-1.13. It is running fine. But I have a slight problem regarding the product_info page. Before the install I had some extra text which would display under the reviews and add to cart button. Something like this:

<HR width="80%" color="#044476">
<tr>
<td align="left" class="smallText"><h3>Here are a few reasons to shop here...</h3>
<ul><li><b><u>Order Confirmation:</u></b>    You will receive immediate email confirmation from us after placing your order to confirm that it was entered correctly and that we have received it.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee:</u></b>    We guarantee that we will ship the correct products to you in pristine condition.  If for any reason your products are damaged or lost in shipping, we will replace them immediately.  Simply call or email us so that we can help you.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Track your order from our door to yours:</u></b>    With our store, you'll never wonder when your products are going to arrive.  We happily send you a unique tracking number that will allow you to get an estimated delivery date, as well as see where your package is at any time.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Order Status Updates via Telephone & Email:</u></b>    If any item from your selection is out of stock, we will immediately send you an email, giving you the option of waiting or shipping immediately.  Your satisfaction is our highest priority, and communicating with you is the first step toward meeting your needs.</li>
</ul>
</td></tr>

Now it does not appear on page. Even though it is visible in the the php script. Below you will see the bottom section of product_info.php:

<tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_path($current_category_id = '')) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>                
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td>
<?php
   if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
     echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
   } else {
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
   }
 }
?>

<HR width="80%" color="#044476">
<tr>
<td align="left" class="smallText"><h3>Here are a few reasons to shop here...</h3>
<ul><li><b><u>Order Confirmation:</u></b>    You will receive immediate email confirmation from us after placing your order to confirm that it was entered correctly and that we have received it.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee:</u></b>    We guarantee that we will ship the correct products to you in pristine condition.  If for any reason your products are damaged or lost in shipping, we will replace them immediately.  Simply call or email us so that we can help you.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Track your order from our door to yours:</u></b>    With our store, you'll never wonder when your products are going to arrive.  We happily send you a unique tracking number that will allow you to get an estimated delivery date, as well as see where your package is at any time.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Order Status Updates via Telephone & Email:</u></b>    If any item from your selection is out of stock, we will immediately send you an email, giving you the option of waiting or shipping immediately.  Your satisfaction is our highest priority, and communicating with you is the first step toward meeting your needs.</li>
</ul>
</td></tr>
       </td>
     </tr>
  <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
      <?php echo '<a title="' . $tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $tags_array['title'] . '">' . $tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
     </tr>
   </table></table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I have no reason why is happening, So am asking for some help or suggestions please.

Site is located here!!

Thank you.

ble044

Edited by blr044

Hi,

I had installed search engine friendly, it's work a part on my website now, but only in promotion page, not in categorie and sub categorie.. I don't know why.

And an another problem, I need to desactivate language and currencie boxe on the top of the page if not the SEF don't work and I receive an " Error! Unable to determine the page link! ".

Someone can help me ? my website adress is : http://www.connectique-cable-accessoire.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS : I have exactly the same probleme with a fresh install of oscommerce !

Hello, I searched the forums and didn't found much out.

I have installed osc on a test server. now everything's done.

I moved it and sef won't work anymore, everything else works. I cleared the cache too...

What am I missing??

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards, Arthur.