• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

Hi,

If the "add to card" and other buttons not working with SEF, you can place the following code on catalog/includes/application_bottom.php

Right Under:

//******************************** SEF BEGIN
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'url_rewrite.php');
 $url_rewrite = new url_rewrite;
 $url_rewrite->request_url();
//********************************** SEF END

Add:

//*********** osC v2.2 RC1: Fix for SEF*******************
 $path_para1  = explode('.php/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 2);
 $path_para2  = explode('/', $path_para1[1]);
 foreach ($path_para2 as $key2 => $value2){
 	if(!$changer){
 		if(!isset($_GET[$value2]) or $_GET[$value2] == 0 or empty($_GET[$value2])){
 			if($path_para2[$key2 + 1]){
 				$_GET[$value2] = $path_para2[$key2 + 1];
 			}
 		}
 		$changer = true;
 	}else{ $changer = false; }
 }
//*********************************************************

NOTE: This is only a workaround (a temporary fix -> a hack ;) to bypass problems with SEF. It works for me.

I run osC 2.2 RC1 with SEF "all updates packed" from 17.09.2007

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

After numerous tweaks, this contribution seem to work ok except for one thing -

From the shopping cart to the secure checkout process, I get an empty cart message. It doesn't seem to hold and transfer the items. I can always go back to the 'web' shopping cart and the items are still there but cannot proceed further.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

please HELP!! i am also PHP/development newbie.

Please help, I've installed the SEO urls and the catalogue seem to be working perfectly. However in the admin area I get this error on the SEO configuration page.

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/thebounc/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this message?

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

After numerous tweaks, this contribution seem to work ok except for one thing -

From the shopping cart to the secure checkout process, I get an empty cart message. It doesn't seem to hold and transfer the items. I can always go back to the 'web' shopping cart and the items are still there but cannot proceed further.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

please HELP!! i am also PHP/development newbie.

hello.. it's me again. No need to look into the above problem, it has been resolved now. The config.php file needed to be changed which could've been a result of my tweaks from other contributions.

one more thing though - anyone know how to display the product name as the title tag on product pages?? friendly URLs are great but proper title tags apparently ranks higher when it comes to SEO

i have added this mod on top of the 'SEO simple contribution', which previously tagged the product name as the title but no longer works since product_info was merged into index.php.. Now the title only goes as far as the category name. This was the instructions from SEO simple contribution:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** 2 **

catalog/product_info.php

* ~Line 17 Find:

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

?>

* Replace with:

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, p.products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

$products_model = $product_info['products_model'];

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

?>

* ~Line 24 or 28 Find:

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

* Replace with:

<title><?php echo $products_name; ?></title>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone know how to integrate this within index.php? or figure out better code?? THANKS!!

Hi All,

Thank you for a great contributions, my URLs now look great: www.mysite.com/catalog/DVD-Movies/Action/The-Replacement-Killers.html

The only snag i have come accross so far is that when I click to add a product to the shopping cart, it delsplays an error saying 'Product not found!'. the URL this messege show on is:

mysite.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/2/cPath/3_19/products_id/4/action/add_product

Does anyone how why this is happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Mike

Hi,

I am new to OScommerce.

I will like to install the script, can someone advise on the installation?

I just need to download "all updates packed" right?

Many thanks in advance.

download and copy the files into a local drive and just follow the instructions on the 'install' or 'read me' txt files

Recommend a host that works well with this contribution

(Search Engine Friendly URL)

Hi,

We wish to find a good, pref UK, host for a brand new OS Commerce site, and more importantly for 'Search Engine Friendly URL' add-on

FastHosts, who we unfortunately have many sites with, have failed to respond with support, as usual.

Can anyone suggest one that they know works?

(I have searched for such suggestions without success, plus things change, so an up to date recommendation, would be great)

Many thanks

Hi there! I have the same problem.

I like this contrib very much, it's clean and elegant without any other code in the url, but unfortunately I cannot live without having the same subcategory names. Is there any simple solution for this problem?

Hi

My last contribution solves this problem...

Check the link.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,SEO

It was released 25.9.2007

Best Regards

Robo

I'd like to use your URL contribution. All I can find is just a fix, and no instructions. Could you post your original with the fixes and instructions?

Seach Engine Friendly URL the link is following:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2796

Please download The code "all updates packed"

Edited by nothings

Hi

You state:

hello.. it's me again. No need to look into the above problem, it has been resolved now. The config.php file needed to be changed which could've been a result of my tweaks from other contributions.

What did you do in the config.php file to fix it? - I have the same problem! :'(

Thanks

Edited by oscom2007

...actually I do not need it too anymore!

In my case (if it can help others), one of the files I modified following instruction was the wrong one - my mistake!

When you do the changings to general.php, make sure is the one within admin/includes/functions/ and not the one within includes/functions/.

I would suggest anyone that asks a question and then they solve the problem themselves, to explain what they did (if they have the time, as we all are busy) in order to help others.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and i hope you guys can help me out.

I have 2 problems:

1. I have the same problem as the post above, with .html ending at my home link, i checked to see if i did the same misstake as him but, no i changed in the right general.php file, anyone that got an idea?

2. The second problem and that i'm about to loose my hair cuz of it,,, i cant get my product info page shown, it all looks good the link looks good, but when i click on more info i return to the page where all the products are listed, so when i click on a category i see all the items, and when i click on more info on an item i stay in the same page, the page where all the items are listed? the url for product info looks good when i move the mouse over it.

can somebody help me out please?

Can anyone suggest a good host for OS Commerce? One that already works with this Seach Engine Friendly URL Hack?

Please... getting desperate to choose a suitable host

i don't have time to search for 'good hosts' but we use 'lypha hosting' and it seems to work ok with these contributions

Excellent, much appreciated, thanks.

Just want to be sure it works, before choosing a host.

We will take a look at that one.

You are a star.

Thanks again,

i don't have time to search for 'good hosts' but we use 'lypha hosting' and it seems to work ok with these contributions

Hi everyone

I am using OSC 2.2 M2 when i install SEF i get this error :-

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class url_rewrite in /home/www/computech-pcs.co.uk/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php on line 4

Installed twice now so i dont think its anything to do with me. Any ideas?

Thanks