• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to integrate paypal with oscart?

Let's say my hosting service allows me to install os commerce shopping cart which i am a bit familiar with.

I opened my checking account and verified my paypal account my putting down the amount of money pay pal deposited in my account to verify the account belonged to me...So my question is this.

Once i have completed uploading my products how do i integrate os commerce shopping cart to so paypal may process it?

Or is it better to link Os Commerce and create the shopping cart in paypal itself for final check out? :o

osCommerce comes fully integrated with paypal, just turn it on in the admin area payment | modules | paypal and edit the required fields. Also, there is a PayPal IPN Contrinution.

TJ

Let's say my hosting service allows me to install os commerce shopping cart which i am a bit familiar with.

I opened my checking account and verified my paypal account my putting down the amount of money pay pal deposited in my account to verify the account belonged to me...So my question is this.

Once i have completed uploading my products how do i integrate os commerce shopping cart to so paypal may process it?

Or is it better to link Os Commerce and create the shopping cart in paypal itself for final check out? :o

osCommerce comes fully integrated with paypal, just turn it on in the admin area payment | modules | paypal  and edit the required fields. Also, there is  a PayPal IPN Contrinution.

TJ

Does the PayPal integration still force users without a paypal account to register? If so what does that look like? Do they then have to register twice, once for my site and once for paypal?

Same question on this end. I'm wondering if there is a fully-integrated payment processor that does not force my customers to register twice-- once for my store, and once for a CC processor. Anyone know if this is possibe? Thank you!

Brian

Does the PayPal integration still force users without a paypal account to register?  If so what does that look like?  Do they then have to register twice, once for my site and once for paypal?

I use PayPal for my payment processor. However, I think that the order/payment process is too long for some customers. In addition, I think that the PayPal process may be too cumbersome for some shoppers.

I have several customers who place an order but fail to complete the payment processing portion. Some customers make two and three attempts to make a purchase. However, payment is never received.

It is not like they are abandoning a shopping cart. If they go through the hassle of creating an account, and go through the order process (in some cases several times), they truly want to make a purchase. Unfortunately, they tire at the payment process.

Some customers are confused/frustrated with the long process. After they have elected to checkout, there is the Shipping Info page, the Payment Info page, the Order Comfirmation page. And, then, the customer has to go through several more pages on PayPal. (Why can't the customer select the shipping option and payment option on the same page? That would help reduce the number of steps/pages.)

One obstacle on with PayPal/Osc is while the customer info (name, address, etc) is transferred to PayPal, Osc transfers the "state" field as the state's full name. However, PayPal's State field only accepts abreviations. As a result, the state field is blank on PayPal. The customer sees the address info already filled in and assumes that they need to merely continue to the next page. However, since the state field is blank, it produces an error which the customer has to correct. How can I get Osc to transfer the state abreviation to PayPal rather than the entire state name?

Would a merchant account eliminate some of the hassle for the customer? What are some points to consider when looking for a merchant account?

• 1 year later...

Hi friend,

As all of us have the same problem i thought we should pool in our thoughts.

Here is what i see as the problem.

paypal needs to accept as input parameters as "amount", "item_name" etc. from the checkput_confirmation form while in my case the checkout form shows variables as amount_1 in other words parameters on my form and parameters paypal accepts are diffrent and this is why it cannot read the values.

Anyways solution time

Go to http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679 and install osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2 the first contrib does not support open ssl.

Install the latest version and let me knw if it works.

Did the above contribution solve your problem?

The problem I am having with paypal is that when the customer clicks on comfirm order and is taken to the paypal page to pay...the amount is different.

For example if the item is $18 and shipping is $4.05 the total should be: 22.05 which is what it shows up on my site, however when they are taken to the paypal page is says $18 plus shipping of $3.85 (which is the old priority mail rate).

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!