• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC 2.2MS2 System Backup

bobg7

Stupid Question.

In install.txt, you say to CHMod the System_backup directory to 0755.:huh:

How do I CHMod the System_Backup directory in WSFTP to 0755?

--or--

What permissions do I set to achieve that result if I log in to ftp using Windoze XP?

Thanks, Fred

In WS_FTP find the system_backup folder, do a right click on it and select FTP Commands and CHMOD (unix), in the popup window, change the numeric value to 755 and click OK.

Not sure on a windows machine, perhaps someone else will be able to answer that one.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

• 3 months later...

I can't get this contribution to work either.

I click on system backup, it thinks for about a min then goes onto choose your backup from below.

But there isn't any files shown, and none in the ftp folder of system_backup.

My site is quite large with 6 / 7 thousand items. would that make a difference? My sql dump is 13Meg on its own

Sorry for the above post, I rechecked with my host and they said passthru is disabled as it allows system level functions to be done via php and thats a big security NO NO.

Hopefully someone will find a way to allow system backup without passthru

Ok, finaly got round the problem by getting my host to set me up a cron job that backs up the catalog folder into a system_backup folder on the root once a week, using the same filename so that the folder dosnt take up too much space if i forget to download and remove any.

Cron jobs are disabled as default on my host to stop spam type jobs, but they will set one up for you if they know what its for and thats its not going to spam anything.

• 5 months later...

im tryning to make the bakcup work on an local easyphp windows server , i can't finfd any backup archive

here is the valur i entered :

// $backupdir = "/path/to/website/"; // orignal
	 $backupdir = "v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\catalog\admin";  
	 //Change to the absolute path to your website

$files = "*";
	 //What file to backup? Use a * to backup all the files
	 //inside the folder entered above.

//  $backupto = "/path/to/website/admin/system_backup/"; // azer orignal
			  $backupdir = "v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\catalog\admin\system_backup";
	 //Change to the absolute path to your /admin/system_backup directory

MS2

This may not work with easyphp.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

• 1 month later...

Sytembackup don work, it says

Your System Backup is now complete! Select the backup version you want to save from the list below:

But nothing happens

What is passthrough ?

is it something we must put in PHP or something of Appache ??

my server is

Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_auth_pam/1.0a PHP/4.3.11 PHP/3.0.18 mod_ssl/2.8.10 OpenSSL/0.9.6g mod_perl/1.27 mod_jk/1.1.0 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510

Anyone can help?

As stated before this may or may not work on every server it's installed on depending on how the server is configured and if there are any file size limitations.