Sign in to follow this  
aspx_dev

easy populate without globals?

I have set up easy populate, but my site is on a shared server and globals are turned off, so I used the register globals contrib and my site works OK, but not easy populate. I can download a list of all my products, but uploading does nothing at all.

What do I need to do to make it work? Any all suggestions welcome.

I am not a .php developer, but have managed to figure out what I have needed to so far, until now.

easypopulate doesnt care whether register_globals is on or off.  it could be your temp directory setting.  post what your settings are at the end of the thread:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=64945

Around line 252 in easypopulate.php, it uses the variable $download when it's actually looking for $_GET['download']. I'd say easypopulate does care whether register_globals is on or off, otherwise, the Register Globals contribution wouldn't mention that it also fixes Easy Populate.

After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless.

-- The Tao of Programming

Around line 252 in easypopulate.php, it uses the variable $download when it's actually looking for $_GET['download']. I'd say easypopulate does care whether register_globals is on or off, otherwise, the Register Globals contribution wouldn't mention that it also fixes Easy Populate.

Cannot agree more. I have EP 2.76-MS2 installed with register_globals set to 'off' /catalog/temp is chmod' ed to 777 so that cannot be the problem.

Still I cannot upload and do not get any error messages either.

I tried the register_globals 1.4a contrib but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

The fix is in the first post, here

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=432915

read item number 2

I had tried that and it initially didn't work. After a bit more digging (into my memory as well :)) I remembered that I had to fiddle with the config.php file as the path for my test site (where I'm testing this is different from the production one.

So thanks for pointing me in the right direction and helping me solve this!