• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

I have a clothing store with limited number of products but each product has dozens of colors. QB import treats each color as a product. i havent really use this great contribution. is there any workaround around this.

thanks

I'm not sure exactly what you would like. If you don't use the matching features of QBI, the color attribute will import as a QB subitem. For example, TSHIRT:Red. Don't you want each color to be a different product? If not, you can use the matching feature to match all the colors to the same QB product. The free version of QBI has limited options for attribute handling.

Thanks,

Adam

I'm not sure exactly what you would like. If you don't use the matching features of QBI, the color attribute will import as a QB subitem. For example, TSHIRT:Red. Don't you want each color to be a different product? If not, you can use the matching feature to match all the colors to the same QB product. The free version of QBI has limited options for attribute handling.

Thanks,

Adam

ideally i would like to treat each color a different product but it becomes time consuming to maintain inventory( since i have a very small operation). I will try matching feature.

didnt know there was a commercial version of qbi as well

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to get QBI to work. I ran into the database bug where for some reason it didn't create the tables. I manually created the tables and manually edited the qbi_config table to set qbi_config_active = 1.

I am able to view all the different tabs on the QBI Page however nothing seems to work properly. When you try to download an IIF file it seems to process but no file is created. When you try to change config settings when you click update it seems to submit properly but it doesn't save the configuration settings. We have changed all folder and file permissions and triple checked the qbi_input and qbi_output folders.

Can anyone offer some possible assistance?

Thanks,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I installed this module w/o any issues, but I'm receiving an error when I attempt to export my sales.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Estimated Delivery Date'>EDD: March 06, 2007' AND so.qbi_shiposc_car_c' at line 1

SELECT * FROM qbi_shiposc AS so, qbi_shiposc_shipqb AS soqb, qbi_shipqb AS sqb WHERE qbi_shiposc_car_text=' Shipping' AND qbi_shiposc_serv_text='UPS Ground, EDD: March 06, 2007' AND so.qbi_shiposc_car_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_car_code AND so.qbi_shiposc_serv_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_serv_code AND sqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum=soqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum

[TEP STOP]

I realize it's an issue w/ my database, but I can't see what is wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Hey All,

I installed this module w/o any issues, but I'm receiving an error when I attempt to export my sales.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Estimated Delivery Date'>EDD: March 06, 2007' AND so.qbi_shiposc_car_c' at line 1

SELECT * FROM qbi_shiposc AS so, qbi_shiposc_shipqb AS soqb, qbi_shipqb AS sqb WHERE qbi_shiposc_car_text=' Shipping' AND qbi_shiposc_serv_text='UPS Ground, EDD: March 06, 2007' AND so.qbi_shiposc_car_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_car_code AND so.qbi_shiposc_serv_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_serv_code AND sqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum=soqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum

[TEP STOP]

I realize it's an issue w/ my database, but I can't see what is wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Anyone? Just paid $400 for quickbooks -- hope I can use it w/ oscomerce!

Anyone? Just paid $400 for quickbooks -- hope I can use it w/ oscomerce!

In the text for the delivery method, there are characters that are messing up the SQL statement, because QBI 2.10 isn't preparing the text before executing the SQL. You need to modify the code, or else modify your shipping module.

Because QBI 2.10 is over 2 years old and QBI 4.0 is almost out, I do not provide code level fixes for the free QBI 2.10 any more.

Thanks,

Adam

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if this contribution is at all compatible with quickbooks pos? We use quickbooks pos for inventory tracking and making sales.

This looks like a great contribution. We have been looking at atandra's T-Hub for syncing oscommerce transactions with quickbooks. The demo works as advertised but the software is expensive and would require a remote connection into our brick and mortar store to update inventory or sales information.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by bdonadio

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if this contribution is at all compatible with quickbooks pos? We use quickbooks pos for inventory tracking and making sales.

This looks like a great contribution. We have been looking at atandra's T-Hub for syncing oscommerce transactions with quickbooks. The demo works as advertised but the software is expensive and would require a remote connection into our brick and mortar store to update inventory or sales information.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

QBI is not compatible with QB POS, although I plan to add that ability to version 4.0. I plan to post a free version 4.0 Basic in the contributions section with a reduced feature set when version 4.0 is ready, in a few months. To see all the features of QBI, and to access the QBI forums, you can visit www.qbisoftware.com

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam,

There's a bug in the module but I am still not too sure about it. I installed it today in my test site but since I have installed the catalog under a subdirectory, the links don't work. When going to qbi_create.php, it either direct me to the login page or just a dead page. So I replaced all links to use tep_href_link() and forms to tep_draw_form and header() to tep_redirect(). Seems to work ok and I have installed the module successfully. I haven't tested everything yet but I just want to clarify this issue with you.

I downloaded 2.10c version from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,quickbooks

Is there a newer version of this? Any clarification would help.

Thanks,

rjaro

Hi,

Hi Adam,

There's a bug in the module but I am still not too sure about it. I installed it today in my test site but since I have installed the catalog under a subdirectory, the links don't work. When going to qbi_create.php, it either direct me to the login page or just a dead page.

This isn't a bug, but sounds like either a problem with your osC installation, or you have not transferred the QBI files into the proper directory.

QBI uses osC's constants to find the directories for its includes, so if QBI isn't finding them, osC wouldn't work either.

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'qbi_functions.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'qbi_classes.php');

If you navigate to .../admin/qbi_create.php and you don't find the page, then it is likely it isn't there!

Also, if you have the contribution that gives access rights to areas of the admin, don't forget to tell it about QBI!

Is there a newer version of this? Any clarification would help.

Yes. 2.10c is 3 years old. The current version is 3.68, but it is not free.

Thanks,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have installed QBI Version 2.10 on my site - so far so good. Can import discounts/fees, shipping and payment no problems.

However I can not import the items correctly.

1) tried exporting the items only as items.IIF and uploading it as the only file in the import area - only imported 8 items out of the 100 or so

2)tried to modify the items.IIF file to remove extra lines of code relating to the assemblies (still keeping the first line though) - got nothing at all

In the first trial method the 8 that did upload were the 8 that are not stock parts or assemblies (it imported the other and discounts only).

What I need to know is, is this problem because I have stock parts and stock assemblies? Or is there another problem?

If it is stock assemblies what are my options, I would be happy to just go download version 3 (first one that appears to use assemblies) but I can only find version 3.69 and I dont have $150 USD to spare.

Please help, I really want this to work for me as it does look like the most effective solution to the problem.

Diana

Diana,

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have installed QBI Version 2.10 on my site - so far so good. Can import discounts/fees, shipping and payment no problems.

However I can not import the items correctly.

1) tried exporting the items only as items.IIF and uploading it as the only file in the import area - only imported 8 items out of the 100 or so

2)tried to modify the items.IIF file to remove extra lines of code relating to the assemblies (still keeping the first line though) - got nothing at all

On the QBI configuration page, make sure that you have checked all types, including Inventory Items.

If it is stock assemblies what are my options, I would be happy to just go download version 3 (first one that appears to use assemblies) but I can only find version 3.69 and I dont have $150 USD to spare.

Version 3 (currently 3.70) is not available as a free download for osCommerce. Yes, you will need it to support assemblies.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks Adam,

It does look like I will need your software but I will just have to wait and save up a bit. Oh well good thing I know my product codes by heart as I will be doing a lot of double entry until then.

Diana

• 1 month later...

John,

Hi,

I am new to Oscommerce and Quickbooks Import. Just a quick question. Is the iif file generated in QBI compatible to Windows and Macintosh. Thanks alot.

Always,

John Ross

The iif download file should be OK. But the iif file that you upload to QBI so it can read information from QB may not parse correctly, because of the Mac line returns. You could correct this by changing the line returns in a text editor that has that feature. The paid version of QBI will read both PC and Mac line returns.

There are very very few people using QB on the Mac, and I don't have a Mac, so QBI hasn't been extensively tested on the Mac like it has been on the PC.

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

John,

The iif download file should be OK. But the iif file that you upload to QBI so it can read information from QB may not parse correctly, because of the Mac line returns. You could correct this by changing the line returns in a text editor that has that feature. The paid version of QBI will read both PC and Mac line returns.

There are very very few people using QB on the Mac, and I don't have a Mac, so QBI hasn't been extensively tested on the Mac like it has been on the PC.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks a lot :lol: thats exactly what I need to know. This is great.

Always,

John Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have the Quickbooks QBI Import installed and I have a Tax problem. The cart has two different tax levels. One at 17.5% and one at 5%. When we do a test order of an item at 17.5% the IIF goes into quickbooks fine. The same works if we make an order for a 5% tax item. The problem is when we make an order for multiple items at different rates Quickbooks won't accept the import.

I have looked into the settings under configure and I have the following:

Taxes turned on: This is ticked on.

Tax name: This field is empty.

Tax Agency: This field is empty.

Tax Rate: This field has a zero in it.

I have had a look through this forum but apologies if this is a common problem that I am repeating.

Cheers, Paul