• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

hello everybody.

sorry for the question but i am green to all that...

I am haveing a Cre Loaded store designed and I would like to automate the accouting.

I knew there was a script for OSC. As Cre Laoded is an evolved version of OSC, does Quickbook QBI works with Cre loaded pro 6.2 please?

btw: what is the latest version to use: 2.2 or 2.10b ? I have seen that there was a 3.0 out on the net (but cannot find it)

what version of Quickbook is it compatible with?

thanks!! :)

Edited by choubix

Just installed this great Contri.

I get an "transaction not in balance" when i try to import the orders into quickbooks.

Looking at the Iff file in excel i can see that shipping ($6.95) and the item price ($25.30) both have a minus symbol in front of them. Also the ammount of any item is considered as negative (-).

Somebody know how that is possible?

!CUST NAME BADDR1 BADDR2 BADDR3 BADDR4 BADDR5 SADDR1

CUST Webster-188 Ben Webster 4145 EBenzer St Goleta Ben Webster

!TRNS TRNSID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME CLASS AMOUNT

!SPL SPLID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME CLASS AMOUNT

!ENDTRNS

TRNS INVOICE 11.01.2006 Accounts Receivable Webster-188 32.25

SPL INVOICE 11.01.2006 -25.3

SPL INVOICE 11.01.2006

SPL INVOICE 11.01.2006 -6.95

ENDTRNS

Edited by roedel

hello everybody.

sorry for the question but i am green to all that...

I am haveing a Cre Loaded store designed and I would like to automate the accouting.

I knew there was a script for OSC. As Cre Laoded is an evolved version of OSC, does Quickbook QBI works with Cre loaded pro 6.2 please?

QBI 2.x does not work with CRE. Later versions do.

btw: what is the latest version to use: 2.2 or 2.10b ? I have seen that there was a 3.0 out on the net (but cannot find it)

The latest free version of QBI is 2.10c, which is the same as 2.10b except for some slight improvements in the manual. 2.2 was not posted by me, does not work, and is not supported. Please understand that in respect of the forum rules I can not answer questions about or post links regarding non-free versions of QBI. Use Google.

what version of Quickbook is it compatible with?

Pretty much any US version of Quickbooks Pro or better. It has to have a menu option "File|Utilities|Import|iif files" or "File|Import|iif files".

I am based in Singapore. They use the UK chart of accounts.

Non-US versions are not yet supported.

Thanks,

Adam

Just installed this great Contri.

I get an "transaction not in balance" when i try to import the orders into quickbooks.

Looking at the Iff file in excel i can see that shipping ($6.95) and the item price ($25.30) both have a minus symbol in front of them. Also the ammount of any item is considered as negative (-).

Somebody know how that is possible?

This is correct. All items have a negative value, and the total is positive. If you add them all together you should get zero.

Since your line items do add up correctly to the total, you don't have a missing item. Are you using sales taxes? You must have sales tax enabled in QBI if you have it turned on in QB, even if there is no sales tax applied to this particular (or any) order.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Got this excellent contribution installed thanks to the provided instructions.

Setup has been going well until trying to export the iif files for previous orders and customers. I receive the following error when trying to create the iif files:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's Democratic Republic'' at line 1

select countries_id from countries where countries_name like 'Lao People's Democratic Republic'

[TEP STOP]

Seems like the apostrophe is causing an issue? Can you assist with this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi Adam,

Got this excellent contribution installed thanks to the provided instructions.

Setup has been going well until trying to export the iif files for previous orders and customers. I receive the following error when trying to create the iif files:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's Democratic Republic'' at line 1

select countries_id from countries where countries_name like 'Lao People's Democratic Republic'

[TEP STOP]

Seems like the apostrophe is causing an issue? Can you assist with this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi Chris,

This problem is solved in later versions of QBI with a function that escapes the apostrophe. For 2.10b or 2.10c, the easiest thing would be for you to go into your MySQL database and in the orders table remove the apostrophe from any past orders. Also, go into the countries table and remove the apostrophe from any countries -- there should only be a few.

Thanks,

Adam

This is correct. All items have a negative value, and the total is positive. If you add them all together you should get zero.

Since your line items do add up correctly to the total, you don't have a missing item. Are you using sales taxes? You must have sales tax enabled in QBI if you have it turned on in QB, even if there is no sales tax applied to this particular (or any) order.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,

thanks for your great support.

Tried everything regarding sales taxes now. Can't get it working. I even switched off the sales tax function in QB and your contri, no effect. Any other ideas?

I wonder if somebody could provide a known working test iif file, so i can check the function of QB and compare it to the files my shop creates. ([email protected])

Best regards

Chris

Edited by roedel

Thanks for the assistance, Adam.

I removed the apostrophes from previous orders and the countries and now all is well (for the moment)

Great contribution. We'll be upgrading to version 3 in the near future.

-Chris

Hello -- I just had V. 2.20 installed, and it seems to be working fine until I try to upload an IIF file (one that I created using QBI's export feature)

That's when I get:

SETUP_FAIL

Quickbooks Items

Name Description Account Action

Quickbooks Items

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I missing something? I figured if QBI is making the IIF file for me and I am simply renaming it and inserting in the appropriate folder, then it would be exactly in the format that it can recognize.

Hello -- I just had V. 2.20 installed, and it seems to be working fine until I try to upload an IIF file (one that I created using QBI's export feature)

That's when I get:

SETUP_FAIL

Quickbooks Items

Quickbooks Items

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I missing something? I figured if QBI is making the IIF file for me and I am simply renaming it and inserting in the appropriate folder, then it would be exactly in the format that it can recognize.

QBI 2.2 was not posted by me, does not work, and is not supported. QBI 2.10c is the latest official free version of QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

I just installed v2.10c and I am having troubles.

I get to the point where I am suppose to go to the Admin Section and click on QBI under Catalog. When I do this it instantly said the tables were added successfully and that I needed to check configuration and hit update at the bottom of the page. The problem is, It DID NOT CHANGE my tables at all, and it DID NOT show an Update Button and I dont see any other places to click to take me to a "Configuration" section. I am stuck at

Quickbooks Import QBI

Database table upgrades successfull. Now you must go to the configuration page.

1) Recheck your configuration options and configure new options.

2) Click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

Note: You must click update to finish the upgrade, even if you did not change any settings!

Now you must go to the configuration page.

PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Thanks sooo much for any suggestions...

I just installed v2.10c and I am having troubles.

I get to the point where I am suppose to go to the Admin Section and click on QBI under Catalog. When I do this it instantly said the tables were added successfully and that I needed to check configuration and hit update at the bottom of the page. The problem is, It DID NOT CHANGE my tables at all, and it DID NOT show an Update Button and I dont see any other places to click to take me to a "Configuration" section. I am stuck at

Quickbooks Import QBI

Database table upgrades successfull. Now you must go to the configuration page.

1) Recheck your configuration options and configure new options.

2) Click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

Note: You must click update to finish the upgrade, even if you did not change any settings!

Now you must go to the configuration page.

PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Thanks sooo much for any suggestions...

1) Did you add the database table definitions to osC as directed in the installation manual?

2) When you click on "go to the configuration page," the link doesn't work?

2) What happens if you now go back to QBI -- does it bring you to the Configuration page?

3) Are you saying that if you go into PHPMyAdmin (or similar), there are no tables added that start with QBI?

Thanks,

Adam

1) Did you add the database table definitions to osC as directed in the installation manual?

2) When you click on "go to the configuration page," the link doesn't work?

2) What happens if you now go back to QBI -- does it bring you to the Configuration page?

3) Are you saying that if you go into PHPMyAdmin (or similar), there are no tables added that start with QBI?

Thanks,

Adam

1) Yes

2) The link just refreshes the same text i posted above.

3) Same place (I have only seen 1 thing and that is the text that is displayed saying the tables are setup)

4) Yes PHPMyAdmin shows NO new tables..

Thanks soo much for your quick reply...

I'm frustratingly close to having QBI working..... but I can't seem to get any of the links to show up on the Customers page within OSCommerce, as they are supposed to....

Reading through some of the support Q&A's.... I found this note from Adam

""If you go to www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin/qbi_create.php then you should get to QBI. Put this directly into the browser. If you don't get to QBI, then double check that it is actually there on your server. If you do get there, then the menu entry has an error in it. "

This part works fine.... it gets me to the QBI interface.....

I've tried to log in to Adam's support forum, but the login and password won't work. I've sent a couple of e-mails directly to Adam, and gotten no response. Does anyone know if he's out of town, or there is some other circumstance that is preventing his replying?

I'd really appreciate some help (and would be happy to pay for it....)

Thanks!

-Taylor

I'm frustratingly close to having QBI working..... but I can't seem to get any of the links to show up on the Customers page within OSCommerce, as they are supposed to....

Reading through some of the support Q&A's.... I found this note from Adam

""If you go to www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin/qbi_create.php then you should get to QBI. Put this directly into the browser. If you don't get to QBI, then double check that it is actually there on your server. If you do get there, then the menu entry has an error in it. "

This part works fine.... it gets me to the QBI interface.....

I've tried to log in to Adam's support forum, but the login and password won't work. I've sent a couple of e-mails directly to Adam, and gotten no response. Does anyone know if he's out of town, or there is some other circumstance that is preventing his replying?

I'd really appreciate some help (and would be happy to pay for it....)

Thanks!

-Taylor

Taylor,

I am not out of town, and got your email but didn't respond yet. I will answer your questions by email.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

Just installed V2.10c, looks fantastic.

One slight problem (which I cant find the solution for anywhere on the forums) - on attempting to upload the lists.IIF file I get a SETUP_FAIL message.

The file I am attempting to import is the one straight from my Quickbooks export.

Initially I thought the problem was to do with the fact that some products are grouped into group 'packs' as the SETUP_FAIL message appeared with the group 'product' listed and the sub-products appearing in name with "Item does not exist. Error" afterwards. No product was not part of a group appeared anywhere.

I removed all groups and associations and tried to reupload the new IIF file but then I only get a SETUP_FAIL message and no products added

I really hope someone can help me :)

Thanks

Rowena

Hi,

Just installed V2.10c, looks fantastic.

One slight problem (which I cant find the solution for anywhere on the forums) - on attempting to upload the lists.IIF file I get a SETUP_FAIL message.

The file I am attempting to import is the one straight from my Quickbooks export.

Initially I thought the problem was to do with the fact that some products are grouped into group 'packs' as the SETUP_FAIL message appeared with the group 'product' listed and the sub-products appearing in name with "Item does not exist. Error" afterwards. No product was not part of a group appeared anywhere.

I removed all groups and associations and tried to reupload the new IIF file but then I only get a SETUP_FAIL message and no products added

I really hope someone can help me :)

Thanks

Rowena

Make sure that the file name and case is exactly as described in the manual. Otherwise, QBI won't find it.

Thanks,

Adam

Say, I just realized that my client is using Quickbooks Point of Sale, not just Quickbooks Premier. Will this affect whether or not i can use QBI?

QBI is designed to import into Quickbooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. I have not tested it with POS, and I don't think it will work. If your client can import the orders directly into Premier, then it is no problem, and they will behave just like any other order. But you can not import them first directly into POS from QBI. Importing into POS has been requested before, and I may add that capability in the future. However, it is not on the top of my list.

Thanks,

Adam

i am wondering if the problems I am seeing is because I am using the register globals patch. Would that effect it?

Yes, that would do it. 2.10 requires Register Globals to be turned on. Later versions do not.

Thanks,

Adam