• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

I restored all the files that i edited during the installation and i still get the error.. could possibly the mysql database tables that were created by the program be causing the errors? is there any way to pinpoint the exact file thats causing the error?

It won't hurt anything if you remove them, but they can't be causing your error. You will also need to manually remove the qbi_imported column from your orders and products tables prior to reinstalling QBI.

The error message should give you a clue to what is happening.

When you say that you restored the files, did you take out the parts that you added, or truely replace them with backups of the files before they were edited? If you didn't completely replace them, I suggest you replace them with unaltered versions.

Thanks,

Adam

It is complaining that the language_id column is missing from the products_options table. Look at your MySQL database tables using PHPMyAdmin or similar utility provided by your web host and verify if the column exisits. If it doesn't, then maybe your patch deleted it by mistake. What patch did you install?

Thanks,

Adam

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the info. I am not sure why the line got deleted from the table but I readded a language_id line in the product_options table. I set the default to "1" and I was able to get the products successful.

However, I just noticed that when I click to download the "All Customers" I doesn't seem to do anything. I thought this was maybe part of the above problem but it now it seems different.

Any ideas on why the customer download is not doing anything when clicked?

Also, the patch I installed was for CRE Loaded and it was patch 03.

Thanks again for the help and the simple fix.

However, I just noticed that when I click to download the "All Customers" I doesn't seem to do anything. I thought this was maybe part of the above problem but it now it seems different.

Did you have this problem before you installed the CRE Loaded patch, or just after?

When you say it doesn't do anything, do you mean nothing at all -- the page just stays as-is, and there is no download prompt? Could you check your server log and see if there are any errors listed when you do this?

Thanks,

Adam

^

Thanks for the reply Adam.

I am pretty sure I have had this issue before the patch but I to be honest I didn't really use it too much b/c I was getting everything else setup. I also merged the patch with my existing files with Beyond Compare and anything with the QBI Contrib code merged over into the new files so I think it should be acting similar to how it was before the patch.

When you click the "All Customers" it seems like it is going to load a page b/c the status bar on the browser goes through its normal process but then nothing happens- No popup to dl.

I also didn't see any errors in the server log.

Thanks again!

Edited by UniqueDesign

^

Thanks for the reply Adam.

I am pretty sure I have had this issue before the patch but I to be honest I didn't really use it too much b/c I was getting everything else setup. I also merged the patch with my existing files with Beyond Compare and anything with the QBI Contrib code merged over into the new files so I think it should be acting similar to how it was before the patch.

When you click the "All Customers" it seems like it is going to load a page b/c the status bar on the browser goes through its normal process but then nothing happens- No popup to dl.

I also didn't see any errors in the server log.

Thanks again!

But it does work with the products download and the orders download? What version of PHP are you running, and do you have register_globals turned on or off?

Thanks,

Adam

But it does work with the products download and the orders download? What version of PHP are you running, and do you have register_globals turned on or off?

Thanks,

Adam

Yep it does work with the others.

I am running PHP Version 5.0.4.

Register Globals is On the master and the local value.

:D

Yep it does work with the others.

I am running PHP Version 5.0.4.

Register Globals is On the master and the local value.

:D

Hmmm. QBI version 3.0 is due to be released shortly -- probably by Monday. It probably makes more sense for you to wait and install the new version, than for us to try to track down this issue.

Thanks,

Adam

Hmmm. QBI version 3.0 is due to be released shortly -- probably by Monday. It probably makes more sense for you to wait and install the new version, than for us to try to track down this issue.

Thanks,

Adam

Im excited!

Thanks Adam.

Don't mean to jump the gun but will this new QB require a full uninstall or is it more of a patch?

TIA.

Im excited!

Thanks Adam.

Don't mean to jump the gun but will this new QB require a full uninstall or is it more of a patch?

TIA.

It is completely rewritten with object oriented code, the user manual is expanded with numerous screen shots, and there are a few additional features. All the files will need to be replaced, but the database is automatically updated and all you settings and matching are preserved.

Thanks,

Adam

1054 - Unknown column 'po2.products_options_name' in 'field list'

SELECT po2.products_options_name AS products_options_name_po2, po2.products_options_id AS products_options_id_po2 FROM products_options As po1, products_options As po2 WHERE po1.products_options_name='Fitment' AND po1.products_options_id=po2.products_options_id AND po2.language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

Adam, any idea of what it is complaining about now? Also, if its a quick thing, could you explain how you figure out what it is complaining about?

Thanks!

1054 - Unknown column 'po2.products_options_name' in 'field list'

SELECT po2.products_options_name AS products_options_name_po2, po2.products_options_id AS products_options_id_po2 FROM products_options As po1, products_options As po2 WHERE po1.products_options_name='Fitment' AND po1.products_options_id=po2.products_options_id AND po2.language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

Adam, any idea of what it is complaining about now? Also, if its a quick thing, could you explain how you figure out what it is complaining about?

Thanks!

products_options As po2 means that po2 servers as an abreviation for the full table name products_options. So, it is saying that it is trying to read the values from the products_options_name column of the products_options table, but it can't find a column by that name. But there should be a column by that name, so something has apparently happened to your database, either it somehow got corrupted, or perhaps you have installed another contribution to handle product attributes and it has changed everything from the way it would be in a standard install of osC.

Thanks,

Adam

Yeah. The latest patch changed the way that attributes were being handled. It is a nightmare getting everything running with CRE esp. since they are releasing a new patch so often. It seems to almost be under control though. I assume if I just add that line it may not pull the attributes properly but I will soon find out.

Thanks for breaking it down for me :)

QBI 2.10 does not support non-US versoins. You will have to wait for 3.0, which I will try to release Monday (but no guarantee!). The initial release will only include the US, but I will attempt to add other countries shortly afterwards. If you require multiple tax rates though, it will be a little longer, as that feature will be added some time soon but not immediately.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam, how you doing on version 3.0? Very excited us non-US users may finally be able to import directly to QB from OSC ... go man go!

Thanks

Nick

Adam, how you doing on version 3.0? Very excited us non-US users may finally be able to import directly to QB from OSC ... go man go!

Thanks

Nick

QBI 3.0 is actually done, but I am doing some final testing on it. I will try to release it later this week.

The initial 3.0 release will not include non-US Quickbooks, but it has the capability built in and I will add them as soon as I have a little more time and can look at the iif file differences for each country. Also, QBI 3.0 does not support multiple tax rates, but this too will be added a little later.

Thanks,

Adam

Installation Problem.

I managed to install the database tables and got the message "you must go to configuration". When I click the message I get an error telling me it can not complete the task.

I verified that the tables were created.

I tried adjusting my cookie settings

I tried blowing away the database qbi_tables and qbi fields in orders and products.

Any ideas?

Hosting IPowerWeb, Browser Firefox, OSC2.2, php 4something

Is there a direct path to the configure page?

Installation Problem.

I managed to install the database tables and got the message "you must go to configuration". When I click the message I get an error telling me it can not complete the task.

I verified that the tables were created.

I tried adjusting my cookie settings

I tried blowing away the database qbi_tables and qbi fields in orders and products.

Any ideas?

Hosting IPowerWeb, Browser Firefox, OSC2.2, php 4something

Is there a direct path to the configure page?

Occasionally people have had problems with the installation procedure, and I haven't tracked down the exact cause. However, QBI 3.0 is due to be released very shortly, and it has a completely rewritten installation routine that should be more reliable. Hold on for just a few more days!

Thanks,

Adam

Occasionally people have had problems with the installation procedure, and I haven't tracked down the exact cause. However, QBI 3.0 is due to be released very shortly, and it has a completely rewritten installation routine that should be more reliable. Hold on for just a few more days!

Thanks,

Adam

Here is the exact error message for your reference.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

:D I am pleased to announce the release of QBI 3.02! :D

It is at: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2847

Note: Due to the approval process for files over 300K, if it is not yet available for download please try back a little later.

This is a completely brand new version of QBI and is the result of one year of development since the last version! The user interface remains essentially the same, however the underlying code, automatic installation, and documentation have all been greatly improved. Please note: This release works only with US Quickbooks, however International support will be added in the near future.

I have created a new QBI support site at http://www.libermansound.com/qbi

Forum support remains here, however other support resources and information is at the site.

If you are a new user, or a current user who hasn't donated yet, please consider doing so now! Your donations make possible the continued development and support of QBI, which is the result of over 525 hours of work! Various levels of support and the benefits and recognition for each are described at the support site http://www.libermansound.com/qbi, along with a PayPal link for making donations. 10% of your donations will be given to the poor community of San Bernardino in the Pacific Coast area of Guatemala, to support a new health clinic and education. I have a personal connection with this community and will post pictures on the support site soon. Your support in any amount of both QBI and the people of San Bernardino is hugely appreciated!

Due to the large number of people using QBI, I am instituting a new support policy with the release of version 3. Basic Support is available in the QBI forum, of which I am a part. I try to monitor the forum every day. Please make sure to post your questions in this thread -- if you start a new topic, I will not see it. If your issue requires more that a couple of posts to resolve, or it is necessary for me to examine your files, then Advanced Support is available, and this is explained further at the new support site. The Advanced Support option is available to those who have contributed to QBI.

New Features:

1. Completely rewritten code with an object-oriented design.

2. Completely rewritten manuals and new code documentation.

3. Capability to work with international Quickbooks versions in the future (not yet active).

4. Capability to output XML files in the future (not yet active).

5. Products export supports up to 5 levels of attributes.

6. Filename datestamp option.

7. Automated chron-job option.

8. Item matching supports discounts, other charges, and assemblies.

9. Web interface for uploading Quickbooks lists to QBI.

10. New support site.

11. Log file download direct from QBI.

12. Works with register_globals turned off.

Fixes:

13. All previous orders and all previous products now include the last batch.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

This is fantastic news. Thanks for all the effort in getting this out. Not wanting to seem ungrateful but have you any idea when you will be able to get non-US versions, read UK version first please :-), working as I know many of us are waiting very patiently to be able to use this super contribution.

Many thanks

Nick

Hi Adam,

This is fantastic news. Thanks for all the effort in getting this out. Not wanting to seem ungrateful but have you any idea when you will be able to get non-US versions, read UK version first please :-), working as I know many of us are waiting very patiently to be able to use this super contribution.

Many thanks

Nick

Nick,

It will probably be late summer before I will have time to work on that part.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

I'm new to quickbooks and to oscommerce - but my client has the "Quickbooks Merchant Services" package - not the desktop application of Quickbooks. Does this new tool you've developed relate to the bookkeeping desktop application or the online Merchant package from Quickbooks?

Thank you for answering what is potentially a remarkably stupid question from a newbie.

Shelly

Edited by 241

Adam,

I'm new to quickbooks and to oscommerce - but my client has the "Quickbooks Merchant Services" package - not the desktop application of Quickbooks. Does this new tool you've developed relate to the bookkeeping desktop application or the online Merchant package from Quickbooks?

Thank you for answering what is potentially a remarkably stupid question from a newbie.

Shelly

[email protected]

I'm a little confused with what you are asking, since the Quickbooks Merchant Service can be used with the desktop Quickbooks application. QBI requires a version of QB that can import iif files -- currently Pro or better, and not the online version. iif can not import credit card numbers, so it is best to use a payment gateway that connects to the shopping cart to avoid manual processing. You can use Authorize.net, or Quickbooks "Innovative Merchant Solutions" using the appropriate osC contribution.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi All,

I'm anxiously (w00t) awaiting as you are for QBI v3.0 to be up in the contributions section, but surely after a year in development, you can hold on for just a few more days (or whenever they approve and post it)! Please don't message me asking that I give you special treatment and send you the files! It takes up my time to answer you, and I feel it is fairest that it is available to everyone at the same time. And please don't try to entice me with a donation! Please please please do donate to help support QBI, but don't offer it as an enticement or condition for giving you special treatment (half the people that promise to donate never actually do anyway!).

I really do appreciate all the support and interest in QBI! And please do take seriously the idea of making a donation :thumbsup: -- it is possibly the largest contribution for osC, and the practicality of me continuing to develop it and provide basic support in the forum really depends on those donations. If it helps you out and saves you time and money in your store, and you can afford it, please consider gving something back, no matter how small (or large)!

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by 241

I'm a little confused with what you are asking, since the Quickbooks Merchant Service can be used with the desktop Quickbooks application. QBI requires a version of QB that can import iif files -- currently Pro or better, and not the online version. iif can not import credit card numbers, so it is best to use a payment gateway that connects to the shopping cart to avoid manual processing. You can use Authorize.net, or Quickbooks "Innovative Merchant Solutions" using the appropriate osC contribution.

Thanks,

Adam

Well, I guess I will tell you what I am trying to do and you can tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree. From what I understand, my client has an online server from Quickbooks, they likely have the desktop version used for bookkeeping. The Online Application allows them to process credit cards. If I go to the Intuit web site they recommend several Web Store Providers (websitepros, goDaddy, homestead Storefront, ProStores, etc). I want to know if I can use OSCommerce instead... Am I high?