• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Hi All -

I am trying to import orders to QB thru QBI. My issue is that I have osc products that are matched to a group in QB. The group contains 3 products and 1 discount item that reduces the total cost of the grouped product (giving a price break for buying a bundled product).

I am getting an "out of balance" error, and it looks like the discount item is listed but not the discount amount to reduce the total price. Has anyone else encountered this, or can they recommend a method to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help! -->jh

Hi All -

I am trying to import orders to QB thru QBI. My issue is that I have osc products that are matched to a group in QB. The group contains 3 products and 1 discount item that reduces the total cost of the grouped product (giving a price break for buying a bundled product).

I am getting an "out of balance" error, and it looks like the discount item is listed but not the discount amount to reduce the total price. Has anyone else encountered this, or can they recommend a method to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help! -->jh

I did not anticipate discount items in groups. I will correct this issue in QBI version 3.0, which is due out very soon.

Thanks,

Adam

Using phpmyadmin or similar, go to the orders table and delete the field qbi_imported. Then delete the table qbi_config.

Then go to QBI in the osc admin and it will install correctly.

- Adam

Hi Adam -

I am trying to restore my config to empty so I can start over with my product matching. I followed these instructions to reset my QBI config, but I am still getting the 1060 - Duplicate column name 'qbi_imported' error.

Can you provide any guidance?

Re mixed attributes for matching Options Rating

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...38entry852938

I thought I had posted this question this morning but now I can not find it so sorry if this is double some how

I am still having a major broblem with attributes. as mentioned in the above post I have t-shirts with size and color. small medium large and red white blue.

so for one t-shirt there should be nine products

small red

medium red

large red

small white

medium white

large white

small blue

medium blue

large blue

However when I go to matching the products in oscommerce to my quick books on the oscommerce side there are only six products as listed bellow.

small

medium

large

red

white

blue

It does not see it correct is there something I did wrong or missed something in the setup/config or in the way I have created the attributes? I have search all over the place but cant figure this out.

thanx for your help inadvance

Re mixed attributes for matching Options Rating

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...38entry852938

I thought I had posted this question this morning but now I can not find it so sorry if this is double some how

I am still having a major broblem with attributes. as mentioned in the above post I have t-shirts with size and color. small medium large and red white blue.

so for one t-shirt there should be nine products

small red

medium red

large red

small white

medium white

large white

small blue

medium blue

large blue

However when I go to matching the products in oscommerce to my quick books on the oscommerce side there are only six products as listed bellow.

small

medium

large

red

white

blue

It does not see it correct is there something I did wrong or missed something in the setup/config or in the way I have created the attributes? I have search all over the place but cant figure this out.

thanx for your help inadvance

Matching currently only works with products that have one attribute. You have two. Some time in the future, I will add matching for unlimited attributes.

In the meantime, you can import just fine if you set these up as items and sub-items in Quickbooks using names that are identical to what you have in osC.

Thanks,

Adam

Matching currently only works with products that have one attribute. You have two. Some time in the future, I will add matching for unlimited attributes.

In the meantime, you can import just fine if you set these up as items and sub-items in Quickbooks using names that are identical to what you have in osC.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks that explains it. Just out of curiosity if my client was willing what kind of financial motivation would it require to develop that feature.

Hi Adam -

I am trying to restore my config to empty so I can start over with my product matching. I followed these instructions to reset my QBI config, but I am still getting the 1060 - Duplicate column name 'qbi_imported' error.

Can you provide any guidance?

Just to avoid confusion, the config contains the options specified on the Configure page, and not the product matches.

What you are trying to do is reinstall QBI, which is not necessary to do what you want. BTW, the error is probably because you need to manually remove the qbi_imported field from both the Orders and the Products tables (I'll fix the manual if it is incorrect on that). Since I assume you've already deleted the QBI tables, you'll need to proceed to do a reinstallation.

In the future, to remove all matches, simply Empty the table qbi_products_items.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam, this is an amazing and well organized contribution. Thank you. If I can get it running with my setup, I'll definitely contribute money. :D

I'm setting it up on my test osCMax v 1.7 system. I've installled all the files, made them accessible to the administrator and have successfully modified the database. However, when I go to the configure page, it ends after the shipping section and there is no more. No taxes, no submit button, etc. :huh: Is this because I need to modify one or more of the qbi files to reflect the different directory structure of osCMax?

Adam, this is an amazing and well organized contribution. Thank you. If I can get it running with my setup, I'll definitely contribute money. :D

I'm setting it up on my test osCMax v 1.7 system. I've installled all the files, made them accessible to the administrator and have successfully modified the database. However, when I go to the configure page, it ends after the shipping section and there is no more. No taxes, no submit button, etc. :huh: Is this because I need to modify one or more of the qbi files to reflect the different directory structure of osCMax?

That's strange! I've never heard of that happening. So, I assume you aren't getting the osC page footer either? Well, it is likely an html or php issue. I would: 1) look at the page source to determine exactly where it ends, and if there is anything bad found in the html or one of your config entries that is causing a display problem. 2) look at your server error_log to see if a php error has been triggered (if your php is set to not display errors on screen) 3) Try it in a different browser.

- Adam

That's strange! I've never heard of that happening. So, I assume you aren't getting the osC page footer either? Well, it is likely an html or php issue. I would: 1) look at the page source to determine exactly where it ends, and if there is anything bad found in the html or one of your config entries that is causing a display problem. 2) look at your server error_log to see if a php error has been triggered (if your php is set to not display errors on screen) 3) Try it in a different browser.

- Adam

Thanks for the quick reply.

0) Your assumption is correct, there is no osC footer either.

1) There is no HTML error in source other than abnormal termination of the source code. The last lines of aborted page source code are:

<tr><td> </td><td> </td><td> </td></tr>

<tr><td class="configsec">

2) No php errors (or any others) are generated.

3) It happens in Netscape 7.2 as well as IE.

Bonus information :)

The server is running PHP 4.4.0; PHP is run as cgi, not as a module; and processes are run as my user ID.

If you want, I can give you the login info to see for yourself.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.

0) Your assumption is correct, there is no osC footer either.

1) There is no HTML error in source other than abnormal termination of the source code. The last lines of aborted page source code are:

<tr><td> </td><td> </td><td> </td></tr>

<tr><td class="configsec">

2) No php errors (or any others) are generated.

3) It happens in Netscape 7.2 as well as IE.

Bonus information :)

The server is running PHP 4.4.0; PHP is run as cgi, not as a module; and processes are run as my user ID.

If you want, I can give you the login info to see for yourself.

Thanks

Make sure that you have uploaded the QBI css files to the proper place. Other than that, I'm a little baffled! But, QBI version 3.0 should be released in about 1 week, and the config page is totally rewritten. So, if you can wait a little bit, I'd rather devote my time to getting 3.0 done, and I think that is going to fix your problem anyway.

Thanks,

Adam

Make sure that you have uploaded the QBI css files to the proper place. QBI version 3.0 should be released in about 1 week, and the config page is totally rewritten. So, if you can wait a little bit, I'd rather devote my time to getting 3.0 done, and I think that is going to fix your problem anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply, Adam. :)

I'll check on the QBI css files, but 3.0 sounds great to me and I can wait. Then I'll let you know how it installs on osCMax v 1.7.

Peter

I just installed the script and now on every page of my admin up top it says,

<<

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/######/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:200) in /home/######/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67"

>>

And when I open the QBI Quickbook link it says nothing but:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/nerdysh/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:200) in /home/nerdysh/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/########/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:200) in /home/########/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_version.php on line 34

Why is it saying this?? Anyone know why it would? I tried installing twice

I just installed the script and now on every page of my admin up top it says,

<<

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/######/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:200) in /home/######/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67"

>>

And when I open the QBI Quickbook link it says nothing but:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/nerdysh/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:200) in /home/nerdysh/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/########/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php:200) in /home/########/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_version.php on line 34

Why is it saying this?? Anyone know why it would? I tried installing twice

This is because something, usually a php error message, has printed to the screen and therefore headers can not be sent after it. If you don't see an error message before this, try looking at your page source to see if it is there. Also, if you know how to, look at your server error logs.

I suspect that when you modified the database_tables.php file and added the QBI tables, you accidentally left off the end of line marker ; or made some other syntax error. The error is not in QBI -- it is likely in this file.

Thanks,

Adam

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php:76) in /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php:76) in /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/qbi_version.php on line 3

I get the same error. I checked the code in the database_tables.php and everything looks good.

What else could I try?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php:76) in /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php:76) in /home/invision/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/qbi_version.php on line 3

I get the same error. I checked the code in the database_tables.php and everything looks good.

What else could I try?

I can't think of what it would be, if it isn't in the database_tables.php file. That file only includes a bunch of DEFINE statements and nothing more, so unless there is a syntax error it shouldn't be sending any headers or html. For the 311guy, I suspect it isn't in QBI, because you get the error on any admin page even without running any QBI files. I'm assuming both of you are installing version 2.10b, yes, and using the manual that comes with that version?

Try the following:

1) Navigate directly to the database_tables.php with your browser. You should just get a blank white page. If there are any errors, note what they are.

2) Restore your original database_tables.php file that you had before you modified it for QBI, and see if that corrects the problem (you did back up your original files, yes?). If it does, then there has to be a syntax errror. You should be able to find it then.

3) QBI version 3.0 is almost done - I'm hoping to get it out by Tuesday. If you can't find the problem, you might just wait for it. I'm reluctant to spend a lot of time on this, as 3.0 is totally rewritten and almost ready!

Thanks,

Adam

1.) navigating to database_tables.php results in a blank page, no error.

2.) I restored the original database_tables.php right after I got the error and I still got the error.

3.) do you think 3.0 will fix the error? lookin forward to 3.0!

1.) navigating to database_tables.php results in a blank page, no error.

2.) I restored the original database_tables.php right after I got the error and I still got the error.

3.) do you think 3.0 will fix the error? lookin forward to 3.0!

3.0 is totally new code, but actually the few changes you make to the osC files are about the same. You say that you get the error on any page in your admin panel, not just when you go to QBI? Then the problem can't be in QBI and has to be in one of the pages you modified during installation.

I would reverse the steps in 2) f,g,h, and i of the installation manual, or restore the original files:

admin/includes/languages/english.php

amin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

admin/includes/filenames.php

admin/includes/database_tables.php

You can also remove the QBI files if you want. Now it should be ok and back to what you had before you tried installing QBI. Then, modify each file again, or restore the modified version, one by one, until you get a problem. If there's no problem, then proceed to put back the QBI files. Following this procedure you will be able to locate the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

what is a cache limiter and what does it mean when it says headers already sent? does this script modify a file thats included on every backend page? Why would I get these errors on every page?

thanks!

When a web page is sent from the server, it first sends the headers and then it sends the html. If an error message or some html (it could even be a single space, which you won't notice) is sent by a file that is processed before the normal headers are sent, and then it tries to send the headers, it can't because there has already been html output.

For this reason, make sure that there are no extra line feeds or spaces at the bottom of the pages that you modified, after the closing php tag. A single space is enough to cause this problem!

Thanks,

Adam

I need a Quickbooks Importer for Quickbooks Regular 2004 for the UK - will I be able to use QB! V2.10 or do I need to wait for Vn 3 ?

Cheers

Keith Denby

I need a Quickbooks Importer for Quickbooks Regular 2004 for the UK - will I be able to use QB! V2.10 or do I need to wait for Vn 3 ?

Cheers

Keith Denby

QBI 2.10 does not support non-US versoins. You will have to wait for 3.0, which I will try to release Monday (but no guarantee!). The initial release will only include the US, but I will attempt to add other countries shortly afterwards. If you require multiple tax rates though, it will be a little longer, as that feature will be added some time soon but not immediately.

Thanks,

Adam

I restored all the files that i edited during the installation and i still get the error.. could possibly the mysql database tables that were created by the program be causing the errors? is there any way to pinpoint the exact file thats causing the error?

Hey Adam,

I had this installed fine but after installing a patch I am getting this error when trying to download the product files:

1054 - Unknown column 'po.language_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM products_attributes AS pa, products_options AS po, products_options_values AS pov WHERE pa.products_id='57' AND pa.options_id=5 AND pa.options_id=po.products_options_id AND pa.options_values_id=pov.products_options_values_id AND pov.language_id='1' AND po.language_id='1' ORDER BY options_values_id

[TEP STOP]

I assumed this error is being thrown b/c po.language_id is not in the qbi_engine_prod file but haven't been able to get it working.

Any ideas?

Hey Adam,

I had this installed fine but after installing a patch I am getting this error when trying to download the product files:

1054 - Unknown column 'po.language_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM products_attributes AS pa, products_options AS po, products_options_values AS pov WHERE pa.products_id='57' AND pa.options_id=5 AND pa.options_id=po.products_options_id AND pa.options_values_id=pov.products_options_values_id AND pov.language_id='1' AND po.language_id='1' ORDER BY options_values_id

[TEP STOP]

I assumed this error is being thrown b/c po.language_id is not in the qbi_engine_prod file but haven't been able to get it working.

Any ideas?

It is complaining that the language_id column is missing from the products_options table. Look at your MySQL database tables using PHPMyAdmin or similar utility provided by your web host and verify if the column exisits. If it doesn't, then maybe your patch deleted it by mistake. What patch did you install?

Thanks,

Adam