• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Thanks. Any hints on where in QB this can be set?

In the menus, you should have Set-Up and Match. Under each one, you will have sub-menus, and you'll go to the submenu "Payments."

The config options are under the top menu category "Configuration."

Thanks,

Adam

I had this SAME problem. Thanks ADAM for the idea where to check!

The fix:

If you have an admin contrib installed, go to the Administrator section in the control panel, then File Access, then Catalogue (click on it 2x just in case), on the right hand side should be a drop down with all the files that you need to grant access to. Once you do that, the quick books importer works!

Thanks again adam for the GREAT contrib!

Make sure that you do not have the osC contribution installed that limits access to the admin panel. This has been the source of access issues for some people. You just need to set up QBI for access in the contribution.

In the menus, you should have Set-Up and Match. Under each one, you will have sub-menus, and you'll go to the submenu "Payments."

The config options are under the top menu category "Configuration."

Thanks,

Adam

Right, I know where in QBI to set, but how do I tell QuickBooks that my "Check" payment type takes 30 days?

Right, I know where in QBI to set, but how do I tell QuickBooks that my "Check" payment type takes 30 days?

In Quickbooks,

Lists : Customer and Vendor Profile Lists : Terms

There you can add or edit existing terms. In the New or Edit window there are choices for how many days you want for each one.

This is for Invoices. For Sales Receipts, there aren't terms and the due date is today, because Sales Receipts by definition are paid as soon as they are created.

Thanks,

Adam

What new features will 3.0 have?

The major features in version 3.0 will be support for International versions of QB and an xml output option. These features may not be in the initial beta release, but will be added shortly after.

Initially, the version 3.0 beta will add support for Assemblies, and have a chron-job version of the Create page that can be run automatically.

Underneath it is completely re-written in object oriented programming. That will make it much easier to troubleshoot and add features to. The code that writes the output is completely separate from the functional part of the program. So, it will be easy for me (and others) to add output formatting for different countries without needing to touch the other parts of the program. Support for multiple sales tax rates and zones will not be in the initial release, but will be added afterwards.

Also, various minor bugs are fixed, security is enhanced, it will work with register globals turned off, and its object oriented database interface will make it ready to adapt to the next osC milestone release.

Thanks,

Adam

What about the ability to do lastname, firstname -%I. It seems right now we only have the option to do lastname OR first name, but not both.

There should be no problem doing both. If you are having trouble, please let me know what format code you are trying to use.

For example, this would work:

%L10W,%F10W-%I

I am planning some time soon to develop a support site where bug reports and feature requests can be posted in an organized manner.

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

Adam,

I haven't been here for a while (busy busy busy) and I'm so glad to hear that the next version is coming out soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for your hard work.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned about gift certificate payment yet. In QB, GC payment is considered a type of payment so it's not the same as discount. When I set up to match discounts/fees, the payment category doesn't show up so gift certificate payment can't be matched to the one in QB. I did manually added GC payment to database. But I'm still one step away from doing it right. The GC payment value has to be set to possible just as discounts do. This may involve some codes change I guess.

If there is a solution to this problem, I sure like to know. :-)

Thank you.

Wendy

Adam,

I haven't been here for a while (busy busy busy) and I'm so glad to hear that the next version is coming out soon. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for your hard work.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned about gift certificate payment yet. In QB, GC payment is considered a type of payment so it's not the same as discount. When I set up to match discounts/fees, the payment category doesn't show up so gift certificate payment can't be matched to the one in QB. I did manually added GC payment to database. But I'm still one step away from doing it right. The GC payment value has to be set to possible just as discounts do. This may involve some codes change I guess.

Thank you.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I pushing to get 3.0 done with all my available time, so I'm not spending time looking at more fixes to 2.1, but I'll try to fix this for 3.0 It should be simple to do. If you want to look at yours, you'll probably need to modify the SQL statement that creates the drop-down list for matching and add Payment in the Where clause, as the types that are displayed are otherwise limited by the options set in the Config page. This would be in the function item_menu.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you.

Wendy

Wendy,

Actually, I think I made a mistake in the previous post, because the change is going to have to be on the qbi_disc.php and qbi_discmatch.php pages, assuming you use a discount or other charge type in QB. But I'll try to get this into 3.0

Thanks,

Adam

Awesome, work flawlessly. lol, didn't know that each first name / last name was a seperate code.

Side note, I have question regarding matches. Does each OSC product HAVE to match a QB product? The reason I ask this is because I have 1200 DIFFERENT products (records) in OSC, but categorize them as 1 type of product in quick books... But it looks like under the product match, I have to do each one, 1 @ a time...

is there a work around for this?

Thanks!

For example, this would work:

%L10W,%F10W-%I

Awesome, work flawlessly. lol, didn't know that each first name / last name was a seperate code.

Side note, I have question regarding matches. Does each OSC product HAVE to match a QB product? The reason I ask this is because I have 1200 DIFFERENT products (records) in OSC, but categorize them as 1 type of product in quick books... But it looks like under the product match, I have to do each one, 1 @ a time...

is there a work around for this?

Thanks!

On the Configuration page, under Items, check "Use default item" and then fill in the "Default Name." All unmatched items will import with this QB name. You must already have the name set up in QB before importing. More details are on page 10 of the Config and Users' Manual.

Thanks,

Adam

So is it supposed to be checked or unchecked? (look at the manual I quoted) I have it currently checked and the exact name I have in quickbooks, but when I try to import that iif, says the item is not setup / matched.

hmmm...

Thanks in advance!

Sean

"When unchecked, any items that are not matched will flow

through into QB (make sure that these items already exist in QB

with the exact same name). When checked, any items that are

not matched will be replaced with the default name entered in

the box below (make sure this item already exists in QB with the

same exact name). This is useful if you do not track inventory

and/or your store item count exceeds the maximum allowed by

QB and you wish all store sale items to import as one noninventory

item. Note that the description will always flow

through, so that you can still see on the invoice what products

where purchased."

On the Configuration page, under Items, check "Use default item" and then fill in the "Default Name." All unmatched items will import with this QB name. You must already have the name set up in QB before importing. More details are on page 10 of the Config and Users' Manual.

Thanks,

Adam

NM my last post. Forgot to setup shipping, so when shipping was being imported via the IIF file, the shipping name / account wasn't being associated. THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER! for your efforts. Will donate next sale I get!

Has anyone attempted to use this contrib with the Canadian version of Quickbooks Premier Edition 2006?

It will not work with Canadian, but after QBI version 3.0 is released (hopefully in about one week), non-US QB compatibility will be added shortly afterwards.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

I'm having to start dealing with sales tax and I'm trying to set it up in QB and QBI. In the QBI manual it says to have tax name, description and agency exactly the same as what is in QB. The only problem with that is that I have setup a tax group in QB since I have to pay state and county taxes and with tax groups there is no tax agency. Can you enlighten me as how to proceed?

Thanks,

Eric

Adam,

I'm having to start dealing with sales tax and I'm trying to set it up in QB and QBI. In the QBI manual it says to have tax name, description and agency exactly the same as what is in QB. The only problem with that is that I have setup a tax group in QB since I have to pay state and county taxes and with tax groups there is no tax agency. Can you enlighten me as how to proceed?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Quickbooks has a bug, which they have never fixed, which causes a problem using sales tax groups and makes the feature essentially unusable.

In order to calculate a sales tax group properly, you would need to have sub-penny resolution and not round each part of the group to the nearest penny. The rounding should only happen on the group total. But, Quickbooks only uses penny resolution for each part of the group (State, Local, County, etc) and rounds each part before adding them up. For example, two taxes of .0149 and .0149 should equal .0298, which would round to .03. But Quickbooks would round them down to .01 and .01, which equals .02. Because osC would have the correct tax of .03, when you import the transaction into QB it gets recalculated as .02 and QB gives an error message and refuses to import the transaction due to the penny discrepency. Because it depends on how the rounding comes out, only random orders will fail to import.

I have the same situation for my sales taxes here in California. But I just use one sales tax item for the total sales tax amount, and calculate the breakdown on the tax return, making sure that the sum of the individual taxes adds up to the total tax amount, which it should if all is done correctly. All the individual taxes get paid to the same agency, with one check, so it isn't a problem.

Thanks,

Adam

For some reason mine stops imorting customers after 1400....I have 1700 customers.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Branden,

Open the iif file in Excel, and make sure that all the customers are in the file. Also, look at the line for the last one that imports, and make sure there are no funny characters or problems with the fields that would upset QB (QBI is supposed to catch those things and correct them). If the iif file is correct, then it may be a QB issue.

BTW, the customer import is only needed if you want to import customers for historical reasons. All new orders will import the customer as well as the order.

Thanks,

Adam

good eve, i just installed your mod, thanks by the way :)

anyhow, when i click on the Quickbooks Import QBI in the admin, i get this message

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Webmaster to request

more access or if you found any problem.

the folders that i created were chmodded as described in the install, any thoughts?

good eve, i just installed your mod, thanks by the way :)

anyhow, when i click on the Quickbooks Import QBI in the admin, i get this message

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Webmaster to request

more access or if you found any problem.

the folders that i created were chmodded as described in the install, any thoughts?

You have the osC contribution that sets permissions for the admin section. You need to tell it to allow you access to QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

You have the osC contribution that sets permissions for the admin section. You need to tell it to allow you access to QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

thanks Adam, how do I tell it to allow me access to the QBI?