• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Chris,

Hello all,

Pardon my interuption, but maybe someone can kindly answer a few questions before i install this contrib:

Im looking for a QB utility that will automatically import each sale into QB after its status is set to "Delivered/Shipped". Is this done only by cron job or is there a way to automatically set this up? The description is light on this feature.

QBI will import new orders, and then QBI can automatically change the status to "shipped" if you wish. It adds its own field to the db to determine if the order has been imported yet.

QBI is involked manually, each day or whenever you do your packing and shipping. The capability to be started by a cron job or pseudo chron job will be added in a future version.

Ideally, whats i'd like to happen is ... when my order gets approved, a tracking label is generated

QBI does not handle shipping. There is an oSC contribution that will query UPS to determine the correct rates and arrival time, but it does not generate a label. I use a product called ShipRush at www.zfirm.com which semiautomates UPS or FedEx shipping and prints labels. A basic version of the same product is included with QB.

and said order is queued to be sent or is directly sent to QB upon completion of order.

Am i on the right track? My client uses QB and would like this feature installed. Im a novice when it comes to QB and will have my develper install the contrib. Is my client making the right desicion? Whats the benifit of using QB? Accounting? Should i convince him its a waste of time?

osC is not a substitute for an accounting system. It can't handle bank accounts or all the operations and expenses of a business. It is pretty necessary to use some kind of accounting system, even for a very small business.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Quickbooks as well as osCommerce. Got my site set up all right, and successfully installed the QBI contribution the other day. However, I have also found a utility that uses Perl to output a very comprehensive iif file directly from Paypal, and includes shipping fees and paypal fees. Which one does it make more sense to import, the Paypal file or the QBI Contrib output?

It seems that the QBI will automatically update the order status as well as give me separate inputs for shipping paid. However, the Paypal import will give me Paypal fees, a unique transaction number, actual postage expense since I use the built in USPS shipping. If I use QBI, how do I handle actual postage expense and paypal fees? If I use the Paypal iif, how do I handle the order status and the amount the customer paid for shipping?

I'm sure there's a lot to this topic that I don't know or realize. Any hints / insights for this newbie would be very appreciated!!

Eric

http://www.cubicdissection.com

Eric,

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Quickbooks as well as osCommerce. Got my site set up all right, and successfully installed the QBI contribution the other day. However, I have also found a utility that uses Perl to output a very comprehensive iif file directly from Paypal, and includes shipping fees and paypal fees. Which one does it make more sense to import, the Paypal file or the QBI Contrib output?

I'm not familiar with the PayPal utility. QBI has many configuration and customization options, lets you handle QB groups, updates order status, can match osC items to QB items, and handles osC attributes. It also handles other payment methods, such as credit card and checks. You might dowload it and read the instruction manual for more details.

It seems that the QBI will automatically update the order status as well as give me separate inputs for shipping paid. However, the Paypal import will give me Paypal fees, a unique transaction number, actual postage expense since I use the built in USPS shipping. If I use QBI, how do I handle actual postage expense and paypal fees? If I use the Paypal iif, how do I handle the order status and the amount the customer paid for shipping?

http://www.cubicdissection.com

QBI assumes that you are shipping from within QB (UPS and FedEx shipping is built in, and also supported by various helper applications such as ShipRush), and QB handles all your various expense accounts. QBI only imports the order, with the shipping amount that the customer paid. I can see that this could be an issue when it comes time to reconcile, as PayPal has already deducted their fees from each order. I know that some people are using QBI with PayPal. One way to do it is that when you record the payment reciept, you apply a discount from an expense account that you've set up for PayPal fees.

Thanks,

Adam

Is there a way to tell what box the error message is refering to??

I keep getting box 8 or box 11 errors.

Thanks

P.S. I am an idiot anyway I had it working on my local host and updated the database with the online information and lost my settings.

Edited by tryagain

Hi

I am still not having much luck with this contribution - even though I have completely remade my shop from the bottom up and re-added the contribution.

It seems to work okay but when I upload the iif file from QB - it will only show the handleful of non-stock items and will not show any item that is Stock or Stock Part.

When I view the iif file all the information appears to be there.

Could some one please check through the installation and iif file and indicate where the problem is, please.

email: [email protected]

Thanks

John

Thanks

P.S. I am an idiot anyway I had it working on my local host and updated the database with the online information and lost my settings.

Anyone?

Hi

I am still not having much luck with this contribution - even though I have completely remade my shop from the bottom up and re-added the contribution.

It seems to work okay but when I upload the iif file from QB - it will only show the handleful of non-stock items and will not show any item that is Stock or Stock Part.

When I view the iif file all the information appears to be there.

Could some one please check through the installation and iif file and indicate where the problem is, please.

email: [email protected]

Thanks

John

John,

Make sure you have checked off "Inventory Items" in the configuration. You can also email me the log files found in your qbi_output directory. My email is on the QBI "about" page.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks

It doesn't sound like you are talking about QBI. Perhaps you have posted to the wrong thread?

Thanks,

Adam

I get the error message when I try to import the .iff files into Quickbooks. The error message is from Quickbooks.

You must mean line numbers then. Check that your QBI configuration is set up correctly -- that all accounts and tax information are entered and exactly match what you have in QB.

Look at the iif file in Excel. Look at rows 8 and 11. The line number will indicate either the bad line, or the end of the order that has a problem somewhere. Compare it to the actual invoice in osC. Check that the line items match, and that the amounts are equal. All negative line items should add up to the positive total. If they don't, see if you can figure out what is wrong. It is likely that taxes are not set up correctly, or you have a low order fee or discount coupon that is not set up in QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

Quick question- does this contribution allow the user to generate QB invoices and packing slips directly from the order information in osC, or does it just end up as a "journal entry"?

Discussing this with the girl who processes the wholesale orders, she didn't sound too confident it would work the way I had envisioned it, and it's pointless to spend a lot of time with it if it's just going to be a lot of cut and paste.

Anyway, I don't know anything about QB, and she doesn't know anything about the website, and we're trying to coexist peacefully, so if you could help us out that would be great.

Cheers

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

REGISTER GLOBALS DISABLED

My host has register global (variables) disabled therefore I was wondering if anyone knew if this would have an effect on the QBI contribution. I have installed it, it seems without any trouble. However when I attempt tp set up the qbi export it simply keeps refreshing itself. If you hit the other tabs in the qbi screen again it simply just refreshes.

I have searched the forums but alas, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cath

Hi,

I am a UK developer. Our UK client wants to integrate his osC store, Protx PSP, and Quickbooks. As I understand it, QBI would provide a solution, but is it usable for UK (? sterling) accounts? (I read in the documentation that compatibility is US only.)

Thanks,

JonW

I added package insurance to my checkout, and the problem is that it's not downloading correctly into Quickbooks using the QBI import. The problem I think is that QBI is trying to treat the package insurance cost as a discount, when in fact it isn't.

How can I make it so that something like package insurance is downloaded correctly?

Hello everyone,

Wow what a fantastic contrib. I am almost done configuring the QBI but I have one snag.

I'm in the Match section of admin under Products. I am trying to match my products from QBI to Quickbooks. Currently QBI is not allowing me to match the product to the quickbooks product. When I click on the drop down box that is beside my product, it only allows me to select "Reimb Group (Total Reimbursable Expenses)" and that is it. I do have an item under quickbooks that has my product listed but it is not showing in this drop down panel. Do I need to create my products as a group for this to work, because it seems that QBI is only recogizing the products under groups?

Thanks for your help

Adam,

I am using QB Premier Manufacturers addition. Assembled Inventory Items are not showing up on the matching program in QBI. Do you have a work-around?

Thanks,

Rosa

Wendy,

Thanks for the help. I have made the change you outlined and edited my items.iif file to be correct. I can import the items.iif file OK and I can see my assemblies in the products list under the ?Set Up?/?Products? tab. However, when I go to ?Match?/?Products? I don?t see the assemblies. I?m guessing there is another if statement somewhere that creates the contents of the list boxes but I have not been able to find it.

I did discover that if I unchecked all the boxes in ?Match Types? section of the ?Configuration? tab that the assemblies showed up OK in ?Match?/?Products?. Just thought I post this for anyone else trying to get your method of importing assemblies to work.

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Wendy's code change works, and yes unchecking all the types in config will let all of them show up.

I have added assembly support to the upcoming version 3.0.

- Adam

Hello,

Within the file, qbi_functions.php, there is a statement that doesn't like any single quotes in the data.

$ship_match_query=tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_QBI_SHIPOSC." AS so, ".TABLE_QBI_SHIPOSC_SHIPQB." AS soqb, ".TABLE_QBI_SHIPQB." AS sqb WHERE qbi_shiposc_car_text='$carrier' AND qbi_shiposc_serv_text='$service' AND so.qbi_shiposc_car_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_car_code AND so.qbi_shiposc_serv_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_serv_code AND sqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum=soqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum");

The portion in red is where I get an error. If my data includes a single quote (like "Customer's"), it breaks the SQL statement. I've tried some basic debugs but haven't found the right solution. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Hello,

Within the file, qbi_functions.php, there is a statement that doesn't like any single quotes in the data.

$ship_match_query=tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_QBI_SHIPOSC." AS so, ".TABLE_QBI_SHIPOSC_SHIPQB." AS soqb, ".TABLE_QBI_SHIPQB." AS sqb WHERE qbi_shiposc_car_text='$carrier' AND qbi_shiposc_serv_text='$service' AND so.qbi_shiposc_car_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_car_code AND so.qbi_shiposc_serv_code=soqb.qbi_shiposc_serv_code AND sqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum=soqb.qbi_shipqb_refnum");

The portion in red is where I get an error. If my data includes a single quote (like "Customer's"), it breaks the SQL statement. I've tried some basic debugs but haven't found the right solution. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Either modify the data to not include any quotes, or you need to modify the code to pass the data through the function addslashes() or mysql_escape_string() (or mysql_real_escape_string() for PHP>=4.3.0) before being inserted into the database query.

This is an issue that I am aware of. The upcoming version 3.0 has many code improvements, and all data is properly prepared so that this won't happen!

Thanks,

Adam

Hello everyone,

Wow what a fantastic contrib. I am almost done configuring the QBI but I have one snag.

I'm in the Match section of admin under Products. I am trying to match my products from QBI to Quickbooks. Currently QBI is not allowing me to match the product to the quickbooks product. When I click on the drop down box that is beside my product, it only allows me to select "Reimb Group (Total Reimbursable Expenses)" and that is it. I do have an item under quickbooks that has my product listed but it is not showing in this drop down panel. Do I need to create my products as a group for this to work, because it seems that QBI is only recogizing the products under groups?

Thanks for your help

QBI will recognize all products. Check the Configuration page and make sure that you have the types of items you want to show selected in the check boxes. If you want all items to show, you can also leave all the item type check boxes blank.

Thanks,

Adam

I added package insurance to my checkout, and the problem is that it's not downloading correctly into Quickbooks using the QBI import. The problem I think is that QBI is trying to treat the package insurance cost as a discount, when in fact it isn't.

How can I make it so that something like package insurance is downloaded correctly?

Look at the iif file in Excel and see if it is there and is the correct amount (should be negative, like a product).

How are you adding insurance? What shipping module or contribution is doing this? This may be something that QBI doesn't currently recognize. Let me know.

Thanks,

Adam

REGISTER GLOBALS DISABLED

My host has register global (variables) disabled therefore I was wondering if anyone knew if this would have an effect on the QBI contribution. I have installed it, it seems without any trouble. However when I attempt tp set up the qbi export it simply keeps refreshing itself. If you hit the other tabs in the qbi screen again it simply just refreshes.

I have searched the forums but alas, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

It may not work correctly with register_globals disabled. The upcoming version 3.0 will work with both enabled and diabled.

Make sure that you have entered the database table definitions as instructed in the installation manual, and that all the qbi databases are installed, especially qbi_config. When you say it keeps refreshing, does it refresh the same page, or go to a different page? Occasionally some people have had a problem with the automatic installation script causing issues (this will be rewritten for version 3.0). Try setting qbi_active to 1 in the qbi_config table. If it still doesn't work, the script can be disabled by removing it from being called in the page header -- however, make sure that something else isn't the problem first.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello

This looks like a great contribution once I get it working.

I went through the installation instructions step by step. I got as far as installing the database tables through the administration panel. Whenever I try to run the program it asks me if i want to install the tables again. I never make it to the configuration page. Any suggestions?

Hello

This looks like a great contribution once I get it working.

I went through the installation instructions step by step. I got as far as installing the database tables through the administration panel. Whenever I try to run the program it asks me if i want to install the tables again. I never make it to the configuration page. Any suggestions?

It can't find the qbi_config table. Make sure that the tables are actually installed, and make sure that you have properly added the table name definitions to the database tables file in osC, as instructed in the installation manual.

Thanks,

Adam

Quick question- does this contribution allow the user to generate QB invoices and packing slips directly from the order information in osC, or does it just end up as a "journal entry"?

Discussing this with the girl who processes the wholesale orders, she didn't sound too confident it would work the way I had envisioned it, and it's pointless to spend a lot of time with it if it's just going to be a lot of cut and paste.

Anyway, I don't know anything about QB, and she doesn't know anything about the website, and we're trying to coexist peacefully, so if you could help us out that would be great.

Cheers

Stew

QBI does generate invoices and sales receipts. The best way for you to find out about its capabilities is to download it and read the user manual, which lists everything it can do.

Thanks,

Adam