• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

I appreciate your reply on how to set a declined order as "declined" in the db.  However, I was wondering, is there any way to prevent authorize.net consolidated from even recording a declined order in the first place??  I know this is the QBI forum, but you seem to know a little about this.

I believe this is the way it is supposed to work by default, without my modification.

It actually can't avoid recording a declined order. osC creates the order as soon as you check out, and it needs a number in order to submit the order to the credit card processor so that you can keep track of it. All AN Consolidated can do is delete the order if the charge is unsuccessful, and leave a missing order number. But, to do this properly, it needs to also delete the items from the order, so you aren't left with orphaned line items that correspond to a non-existent order, or an order that doesn't have any line items - I believe it doesn't take care of these issues.

I like setting the order to Declined instead, because it eliminates these issues, lets me track how many people are not successfull completing their orders, lets me see if there is a gateway problem, and gives the option to follow up with the customer to help complete the sale if they don't do so themselves. By setting the option in the QBI configuration, you can tell QBI to only import Pending orders and avoid the Declined ones.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello,

i recently installed QBI. and when i try to download the .iif for Products.

this is the error i get.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 85

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 85

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 78

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 78

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:85) in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:85) in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 106

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:85) in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:85) in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:85) in /home/nutdeal/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 109

Any help will be greatly appreciated. =)

Thank you

Thank you for your reply =)

But i am still a noob with OS.. can you please tell me where is this orders script :blush:

Thx!!

Hi,

I am getting the same probelm and adding the code dont seems to work =)

What can i do :-"

Thank you

Hello,

i recently installed QBI. and when i try to download the .iif for Products.

this is the error i get.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. =)

Thank you

This is an error in the section that deals with multiple product attributes. It is rather complicated, so I'm going to have to spend some time a little later to figure out what might be going wrong!

What is the maximum number of attributes that you have on a product?

Thanks,

Adam

This is an error in the section that deals with multiple product attributes. It is rather complicated, so I'm going to have to spend some time a little later to figure out what might be going wrong!

What is the maximum number of attributes that you have on a product?

Thanks,

Adam

5-6 :blush: thank you

5-6  :blush:    thank you

Then that may be the problem (although it still shouldn't cause a runtime error). QBI currently supports up to two levels of attributes for the product iif. By levels, I mean "Running Shoe:Mens:11:Blue" would have 3 levels. The number of options for each level doesn't matter. Multiple attribute level product iif support was added in version 2.10, and currently it can not create the proper iif file for more than two attributes. In the future, it will support many more levels, but I have to improve the code first so that my head isn't spinning keeping all the brackets in the right places!

If you have products with that many attributes, you can use QBI but you will have to set up your products separately in QB, and the the names must match. Also, the order of the attributes is important. osC attributes are imported into QB as items and subitems. More on this is explained in the QBI user's manual.

Thanks,

Adam

hey guys, I can't believe this topic has 32 pages! and I can't believe Adam responded quickly to each one. Adam must be a great guy for helping everyone out so much. I do have my own question though. I had a script created that exports my sales receipts so it is similar to your code just not so indepth. Mine is a customized solution. I'm having a problem with one thing and hoping you can help. Maybe my code can help you as well, I can send it over

My products have attributes and those attributes are also their own products.

Here's an example on www.edimensional.com we sell a product called a Voice Buddy and another called AudioFX

You can buy Voice Buddy then choose to get an AudioFX. Each attribute has it's own ID number associated with it. So what I was doing was taking my ID of the attribute and setting a product called "122" which was an inventory assembly of both products. Great idea right? Well it was for all of others then I got to VoiceBuddy and AudioFX. Voice Buddy is a non-inventory item it's just software so we don't track the inventory on it. AudioFX is a headset and is a physical inventory item. You can't make an inventory assembly of a non-inventory item and an inventory item. So the other option is a group. The group name is 122 and it's a group of 2 files.

The problem is I don't know how to make my headers and iif files tell quickbooks that something is a group or how to make a total price for the group then have it distributed to the items in a particular percentage basis.

Voice Buddy is 49.95 and my attribute (audiofx) is +30.00 and that equals the total price of 79.95. So all I would have to do is make my group to have that equation. The problem with that is when I have a distributor order and have to discount to a wholesale price. So now my total price is lets say 50 dollars (and he resells it for retail of 79.95). 50 dollars is the total now my group which was set at 79.95 does not equal out correctly.

Here are the options...create in the php script something that says this for each product:

Voice Buddy - Take total price on the order and subtract price of the attribute to get the price of this item

AudioFX - Take price of what the attribute is set at - 30.00.

That would work although what happens if the price of the total is under 30 dollars? Then my VoiceBuddy would end up with a negative computation, that just doesn't work.

Then there is a thing called price levels, I have never used it but you can set up price levels and have standard pricing for wholesale, etc. This way you can just set a price level for someone that orders and your group would include the two items then the price level which is a percentage discount type thing. This is an option and could in fact work.

The last option is to take a proportionate computation and here's how:

Voice Buddy 49.95 to AudioFX which is 30.00. So 30.00:49.95 is the proportion. If the total price of 79.95 goes down by 10 dollars that means it would come out to be 30 divided by 79.95 is 37.52% of the total price and voice buddy is 49.95/79.95 which is 62.48% of the price which would come out to be 26.25 and the 43.70 for a total price of 69.95.

I just don't know if you can import a group in to quickbooks. Can you answer that question, do you know if you can import a group? I guess it really doesn't matter since groups are just 2 items...unless of course you can set a total price and then the total price gets evenly distributed to the products in the group. I think this would be viable and it won't be perfect accounting like my proportional method but it would work and that is important!

I think quickbooks needs attributes built in to their product. Let me know what you think, and if you can import groups and maybe a sample of a header and spl line to do this. Then let me know if you want to see my finished code to see if it helps you maybe. Also I wish I knew about your contribution before spending all that money on a php guy to create a custom one for me!

hey guys, I can't believe this topic has 32 pages! and I can't believe Adam responded quickly to each one.  Adam must be a great guy for helping everyone out so much.

Thanks!

I just don't know if you can import a group in to quickbooks.  Can you answer that question, do you know if you can import a group?

QBI supports QB groups. Sample iif files with groups can be downloaded from the Quickbooks support site. Search for "iif."

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

You helped me a few months ago. We got everything working on my client's system. However, he forgot about downloading new product IIF files when we had new products and subsequently, he started getting errors on importing because the new products were not in QB. So he stopped using it and went back to the old manual process.

I'm here again this week and trying to get things re-installed from scratch. I'm encountering the unforgivable transaction/balance problem. This one may be different than others, as I do not believe it is tax related.

We can import some orders, however, some give the transaction/balance error. So I wrote those line numbers down to investigate the orders that were causing problems. I've isolated two types of orders that were giving problems:

1) We no longer carried the product and had eliminated it from the database. However, we were importing orders from before the time we purged the product. This one makes sense. I downloaded our product database today, the product is importing from a few months back and is no longer in QB. I can live with that.

2) This one is the troubling one and I'm hoping you can help with. The second type is from when we put products on "special." For example, we offer brake caliper paint. As of today, the price is $14.99. However, a few months ago, the price was on "special" at $12.99. The order is being imported with a different price than what is in QB and this seems to be the problem we're having.

Does QBI account for products that are on special? We often adjust our prices and I'm concerned that orders with pricing from our web will cause the transaction/balance error because the pricing is different in QB.

Any advice you can offer?

1)  We no longer carried the product and had eliminated it from the database.  However, we were importing orders from before the time we purged the product.  This one makes sense.  I downloaded our product database today, the product is importing from a few months back and is no longer in QB.  I can live with that.

Yes, if you want to be able to import old orders, you should disable items in osC and hide items in QB rather than deleting them.

2)  This one is the troubling one and I'm hoping you can help with.  The second type is from when we put products on "special."  For example, we offer brake caliper paint.  As of today, the price is $14.99.  However, a few months ago, the price was on "special" at $12.99.  The order is being imported with a different price than what is in QB and this seems to be the problem we're having.

Does QBI account for products that are on special?  We often adjust our prices and I'm concerned that orders with pricing from our web will cause the transaction/balance error because the pricing is different in QB.

Any advice you can offer?

If you are using any kind of discount coupon or voucher, then this needs to be properly set up in QBI and also in QB per the instruction manual. If you are simply changing the basic price in osC, then this should not cause any problem. Are you using some contribution to do your specials, or just manually changing the price for particular items?

It is not necessary for the price in osC and QB to match, unless the product is a group in QB. The order will import with whatever price it was purchased at in osC.

Look at the iif file in Excel. All the line items for an order should add up to the negative of the order total. If they do not, open the order for editing in osC. Then, look at all the line items and their prices and compare this to the order data in the iif file. You should be able to quickly identify if an item is missing in the iif or the price is not the same, because they should match.

If all is well at that point, but it is not importing, then there might be a configuration issue in QBI or QB.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi

I really want to give this contribution a go but I cannot find the files to download! Where can I get them?? I have visited http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2847 but there does not appear to be a link to download the files?? Any ideas why this is? Or am I just being very stupid??

Scratch that-I found it. Sorry for the stupid message! I'll post how I get on with the contrib.

Edited by gazzzzzza

always here to offer some useless advice....

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your continued advice. I just compared the numbers for one of the orders that gave this error. I took the total and subtracted the line items, the shipping and finally the tax. It was off by .01 cent. I suspect this is, after all, tax related and the rounding issue I've seen.

I'm going to scan back through the posts to find the fix for that.

Wade

Hi

I really want to give this contribution a go but I cannot find the files to download! Where can I get them?? I have visited http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2847 but there does not appear to be a link to download the files?? Any ideas why this is? Or am I just being very stupid??

Scratch that-I found it. Sorry for the stupid message! I'll post how I get on with the contrib.

Scroll down, and next to version 2.10 there is a little brown briefcase with a green arrow. That's the download link.

Thank,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your continued advice.  I just compared the numbers for one of the orders that gave this error.  I took the total and subtracted the line items, the shipping and finally the tax.  It was off by .01 cent.  I suspect this is, after all, tax related and the rounding issue I've seen. 

I'm going to scan back through the posts to find the fix for that.

Wade

Make sure to apply the fix in post 574 to version 2.10.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi there,

What which versions of Quickbooks is this contribution compatible, I have V9. Will this work with your contribution?

Regards

TG

Hi

I am so close to getting this working. The export runs OK but when I import the files, I get the following error:

'The transcation is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form equal the amount at the top of the form.'

Below is one of the transactions that seems to be causing issues. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It seems to import some of the transactions but not others. Or maybe it is just importing the customers, I am not much good at Quickbooks yet so I haven't figured it out!

!CUST	NAME	BADDR1	BADDR2	BADDR3	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	PHONE1	PHONE2	FAXNUM	EMAIL	NOTE	CONT1	CONT2	CTYPE	TERMS	TAXABLE	TAXITEM	LIMIT	RESALENUM	REP	COMPANYNAME	SALUTATION	FIRSTNAME	LASTNAME
CUST	Bloggs, Joe - 14	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ      Joe Bloggs    Y	Taxable Goods      Joe	Bloggs
!TRNS	TRNSID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	TOPRINT	ADDR1	ADDR2	ADDR3	ADDR4	ADDR5	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	NAMEISTAXABLE	TERMS	SHIPVIA	REP	FOB	INVMEMO	PAYMETH	PONUM
!SPL	SPLID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	QNTY	PRICE	INVITEM	TAXABLE	PAYMETHOD	EXTRA
!ENDTRNS
TRNS  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Accounts Receivable	Bloggs, Joe - 14  97.85	121  N	Y	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Y  Method not set   	 121
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -37.45  AQ2 Aquapuretraveller - (with iodine filter)	N	-1	37.45	131	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -21.06  Expedition Barrel with locking top band	N	-2	10.53	124	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -3.84  Go Electrolyte (Hydration) Blackcurrant	N	-3	1.28	77	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -2.5  APPLE WITH CUSTARD	N	-1	2.5	72	N  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -6.9  BACON AND BEANS	N	-2	3.45	10	N  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -10.35  BEANS AND SAUSAGE	N	-3	3.45	9	N  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004     	 N      
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Shipping Cost  Flat Rate Shipping	-4.13  Flat Rate Shipping	N	-1	4.1300	Flat Rate Shipping	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Sales Tax Payable	Government  -11.63 	 N  17.5%	Taxable Goods	N  AUTOSTAX
ENDTRNS

Any help will be greatly appreciated - I really want to get this contribution working 100% - it will be sooo useful :D

We are using Quickbooks, and just installed the CRE version of oscommerce. Followed all the install directions, but the Quickbooks Import QBI in the Catalog section does not exist. What might we have to do differently?

Any help will be greatly appreciated - I really want to get this contribution working 100% - it will be sooo useful  :D

It is off by 1 cent. Make sure that you have applied the sales tax rounding fix I mentioned a few posts back. That will probably fix it.

Also, check that the sales tax is really the problem by comparing the iif to the invoice in osC.

- Adam

Hi there,

What which versions of Quickbooks is this contribution compatible, I have V9. Will this work with your contribution?

Regards

TG

It works with only US versions of Quickbooks and Quickbooks Pro, from about version 2000 or earlier to 2005. It does not work with international versions, Simple Start, or Online. It works with Premier, but does not yet support assembly products. International support will come in the future.

Thanks,

Adam

We are using Quickbooks, and just installed the CRE version of oscommerce. Followed all the install directions, but the Quickbooks Import QBI in the Catalog section does not exist. What might we have to do differently?

I can't really support non-standard versions of osC, and I'm not familiar with the CRE version. Maybe someone else knows. Double check the installation procedure and make sure that your syntax is correct.

You should also be able to go to QBI at the url (substituting your domain name):

https://www.yoursitehere.com/catalog/admin/qbi_create.php

Thanks,

Adam

Adam - thanks for the suggestion of the sales rounding fix. I have implemented that but am still getting the same errors with every transaction not being in balance. Will the fact that we sell in ? be causing problems? OR, could it be that the shipping cost appears to be in the wrong format???

e.g. (note the 4.1300??)

SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Shipping Cost  Flat Rate Shipping	-4.13  Flat Rate Shipping	N	-1	4.1300	Flat Rate Shipping	Y  

here are two example failures. (one is the same as on my previous post but obviously the sales rounding fix has taken effect hence the difference).

!CUST	NAME	BADDR1	BADDR2	BADDR3	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	PHONE1	PHONE2	FAXNUM	EMAIL	NOTE	CONT1	CONT2	CTYPE	TERMS	TAXABLE	TAXITEM	LIMIT	RESALENUM	REP	COMPANYNAME	SALUTATION	FIRSTNAME	LASTNAME
CUST	Bloggs, Joe - 14	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ      Joe Bloggs    Y	Taxable Goods      Joe	Bloggs
!TRNS	TRNSID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	TOPRINT	ADDR1	ADDR2	ADDR3	ADDR4	ADDR5	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	NAMEISTAXABLE	TERMS	SHIPVIA	REP	FOB	INVMEMO	PAYMETH	PONUM
!SPL	SPLID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	QNTY	PRICE	INVITEM	TAXABLE	PAYMETHOD	EXTRA
!ENDTRNS
TRNS  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Accounts Receivable	Bloggs, Joe - 14  97.85	121  N	Y	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Y  Method not set   	 121
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -37.45  AQ2 Aquapuretraveller - (with iodine filter)	N	-1	37.45	131	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -21.06  Expedition Barrel with locking top band	N	-2	10.53	124	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -3.84  Go Electrolyte (Hydration) Blackcurrant	N	-3	1.28	77	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -2.5  APPLE WITH CUSTARD	N	-1	2.5	72	N  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -6.9  BACON AND BEANS	N	-2	3.45	10	N  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -10.35  BEANS AND SAUSAGE	N	-3	3.45	9	N  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Sales Tax Payable	Government  -11.63 	 N  17.5%	Taxable Goods	N  AUTOSTAX
ENDTRNS

CUST	Bloggs, Joe - 14	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ    [email protected]  Joe Bloggs    Y	Taxable Goods      Joe	Bloggs
!ENDTRNS
TRNS  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Accounts Receivable	Bloggs, Joe - 14  92.86	122  N	Y	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Y  Method not set   	 122
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -74.9  AQ2 Aquapuretraveller - (with iodine filter)	N	-2	37.45	131	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Sales Tax Payable	Government  -13.83 	 N  17.5%	Taxable Goods	N  AUTOSTAX
ENDTRNS

I hope we can get that extra 1% working!!

Edited by gazzzzzza

Adam,

I have run into the rounding issue as well. I was wondering if you did the rounding from the SQL query side if it would be more accurate. I have a feeling that MySQL is more percise than PHP. I've been meaning to give this a try, I'll let you know if it works.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

I've noticed mine is really messed up now. Not sure how or why but I am getting the following error also for some of the imported orders (I had not noticed it before but I am guessing it was there all along):

You cannot associate an item with VAT control, undeposited funds, accounts receivable, accounts payable, non-posting accounts, or suspense accounts. Usually, if you sell the item, use an income account; if you buy it, use an expense account.

I have only modified the settings in the export options on the 'Quickbooks Contribution' (in a lame attempt to fix the transaction in balance error!) :'( I have tried getting a log of the orders export but this is not helping me figure out what is wrong. The log of my setup is posted below: along with one of the identical orders from above that I have exported. (The first order seems to give the 'transaction in balance', and the second one gives the other error)

I could really use some assistance on this because I am getting nowhere fast. I need to get this working by Thursday at the latest and my head feels like it is going to explode from looking at errors non stop for weeks now!!

Hope someone can help, any assistance will be gratefully received.

Export Log:

Quickbooks Import QBI Error Log

QBI Version: 2.10
Date/Time: Aug 15, 2005 11:23:48 AM

Default Language Name: en
Default Language ID: 1

Configuration:

QBI
Quickbooks version: 2003
Download iif: 1
Product rows dispayed: 5
Products dropdown sort order: 0
Products dropdown width: 48
Products dropdown width: 1

Orders
Import orders with status: 0
Update status: 0
Change CC order status to: 1
Change check/mo status to: 1
Send status email: 0
Delete credit card number: 0

Customers
Customer number (business): %L50W, %F50W - %I
Customer number (residence): %L50W, %F50W - %I
Customer limit: 0
Customer type: 
Use state codes: 0
Include local country: 0
Include company and contact: 1

Invoices
Invoice account: Accounts Receivable
Sales Receipt account: Undeposited Funds
Invoice number: %I
Invoice/Sales Receipt 'PO Number': %I
Invoice to print: 1
Invoice terms paid online: 
Invoice terms not prepaid: 
Invoice rep: 
Invoice fob: 
Include customer comments: 1
Customer message: 
Invoice memo: 

Items
Item income account: Cost of Goods Sold
Item asset account: Inventory Asset
Item class: 
COGS account: Cost of Goods Sold
Description language: 0
Match inventory: 1
Match non-inventory: 0
Match services: 0
Use default item: 0
Default name: 
Import type: 0

Shipping
Shipping name: Flat Rate Shipping
Shipping description: Flat Rate Shipping
Shipping account: Shipping Cost
Shipping class: Flat Rate Shipping
Shipping taxable: 1

Taxes
Tax turned on: 1
Tax name: Taxable Goods
Tax agency: Government
Tax rate: 17.5
Use tax name table: 0

Payments
Import payments: 0
Payment memo:

Same two examples as previous posts:

!CUST	NAME	BADDR1	BADDR2	BADDR3	BADDR4	BADDR5	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	PHONE1	PHONE2	FAXNUM	EMAIL	NOTE	CONT1	CONT2	CTYPE	TERMS	TAXABLE	TAXITEM	LIMIT	RESALENUM	REP	COMPANYNAME	SALUTATION	FIRSTNAME	LASTNAME
CUST	Bloggs, Joe - 14	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ        Joe Bloggs    Y	Taxable Goods      Joe	Bloggs
!ENDTRNS
ENDTRNS
!CUST	NAME	BADDR1	BADDR2	BADDR3	BADDR4	BADDR5	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	PHONE1	PHONE2	FAXNUM	EMAIL	NOTE	CONT1	CONT2	CTYPE	TERMS	TAXABLE	TAXITEM	LIMIT	RESALENUM	REP	COMPANYNAME	SALUTATION	FIRSTNAME	LASTNAME
CUST	Bloggs, Joe - 14	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ      [email protected]  Joe Bloggs    Y	Taxable Goods      Joe	Bloggs
!ENDTRNS
TRNS  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Accounts Receivable	Bloggs, Joe - 14  92.86	122  N	Y	Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Joe Bloggs	Flat 4	Scarborough North Yorkshire YO11 2EZ 	 Y  Method not set   	 122
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Cost of Goods Sold 	 -74.9  AQ2 Aquapuretraveller - (with iodine filter)	N	-2	37.45	131	Y  
SPL  INVOICE	09/29/2004	Sales Tax Payable	Government  -13.83 	 N  17.5%	Taxable Goods	N  AUTOSTAX
ENDTRNS

Hi gazzzzzza

Just curious, what version quickbooks are you using? Given the tax rate, it appears to be an international version, which isn't supported by QBI (yet). Overall, the contribution works well, so it's usually finding the issues with any given setup, much more than the issue with QBI specifically.

Dan

Dan Stevens

Cheers for the reply djs

I began working with Quickbooks Pro 2001 :D

But now I am working with QuickBooks Pro Edition 2004.

I am based in England so it may be a slightly different version but I cannot imagine they would differ that much??! Do you guys have knowledge of that?

The tax rate in England is always 17.5% but this is merely a number I thought. Surely this could be different for each user? It is programmed into the database so why should it make a difference?

Surely the equations are the same, but with a different number within the equation?

Any suggestions on what I can change? I think I have tried pretty much all of the available options through the contribution admin panel with no success. I'm open to trying most things! :blink: