• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

I am getting empty drop downs and I have completed the product setup procedure which input my qb products into QBI, and the qb product names show up under the product setup screen, but the matching drop downs are blank. The osCommerce column is blank, the quickbooks column has my osc product names, then the short, blank dropdowns.  I can set up the payments and shipping screens, just no product matching?

Are your products inventory or non-inventory items? At this time, only inventory items will show in the drop down. An option to show non-inventory items has already been added to the next version, which should be released in about two weeks.

The column heading are off by one row. This has been fixed and will be in the next release. The first column is osC Model, second is osC Description, and third is QB Items in the dropdown.

Let me know if this is the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

I could do that, but I don't know if there is any demand for such a feature. Couldn't you just change those "Quoted" or "Waiting for Customer" orders back to "Pending" and set QBI to only import Pending orders?

Ok, I'll fix that.

I don't think it has anything to do with the version. QB can crash if it doesn't like something in the iif file. Have you completed all the setup for products, payment methods, shipping, and charges/discounts?

Note that you should not try to match items that have more than one set of attributes -- that is not yet supported.

Are you using sales tax, and is that set up correctly?

Are you using the US version of QB (international versions are not yet supported)?

Also, I just discovered a bug in the discounts / gift vouchers feature that will cause an error (they get added instead of subtracted). This is fixed in the next release, due out in maybe a week or two.

Look at the iif in Excel, and look for any orders where the sum of all the items does not equal the negative of the total in the TRANS line. That will help track down the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

Status flag

Changing the status flags back and forth won't work because we make custom glass gobos and this requires a lot of interaction w/ the customer and status changes. There are already 10 different flags.

Would it be possible for me to hardcode such a behaviour. Lets's say, not to import orders with the status "Qoted"? Where would I do this? I am not a programmer and very new to PHP though. If this info requires too much of yourtime, don't worry. I will work around this problem.

QB only crashes sporadically during import. I just imported another batch just fine. Will have to search some more through the data with excel to figure the problem. There were someproblems with non matching TRANS lines but after deleteng these orders, this batch still crashed.

I make heavy use of item attributes but all item attributes are only matched to one corresponding QB item so I guess this should be ok.

Tax is set up ok as well, I think.

Will let you know if I should find causes of these problems that could be of interest to you.

Thanks for all your help,

Uli

Status flag

Changing the status flags back and forth won't work because we make custom glass gobos and this requires  a lot of interaction w/ the customer and status changes. There are already 10 different flags.

Would it be possible for me to hardcode such a behaviour. Lets's say, not to import orders with the status "Qoted"? Where would I do this? I am not a programmer and very new to PHP though. If this info requires too much of yourtime, don't worry. I will work around this problem.

In admin/includes/qbi_engine_orders.php, find the section:

// Retreive all selected orders

and change the line:

$resulto=tep_db_query("SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(date_purchased,'%m/%d/%Y') AS purchdate FROM ".TABLE_ORDERS." WHERE qbi_imported='$qbimported' ".$where_status."ORDER BY orders_id");

to:

$resulto=tep_db_query("SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(date_purchased,'%m/%d/%Y') AS purchdate FROM ".TABLE_ORDERS." WHERE qbi_imported='$qbimported' AND orders_status='status1' AND orders_status='status2' ORDER BY orders_id");

Replace status1 and status2 with the order status numbers that you wish to accept. Repeat the AND code as many times as you need for all your codes that you wish to accept.

You need to use the order status number, not the name. You can find the order status numbers by looking at the orders_status_id column in the orders_status table.

QB only crashes sporadically during import. I just imported another batch just fine. Will have to search some more through the data with excel to figure the problem. There were someproblems with non matching TRANS lines but after deleteng these orders, this batch still crashed.

You should find the problem because if QB crashes at some point you may corrupt one of the program or data files.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

Actually the VAT situation is a bit more complicted than mentioned above.

I don't claim to understand it but as a small business I can do things quite simply.

The way I am set up is that all prices on my site are inclusive VAT at whatever the appropriate rate is eg. 0% for books etc. or 17.5% for most other things. I cannot reclaim input VAT. Retail sites must show the VAT inclusive price.

For the Channel Islands, EU VAT registered companies outside the UK, and exports outside of the EU there is no VAT charged , however my prices remain the same because my costs are the same (I have to pay 6% of my VAT inclusive turnover to the taxman wherever the customer resides).

Larger businesses would be able to reclaim input VAT and would be obliged to do the full VAT accounting.

David

Adam,

I'm using this contribution a little differently than most will. I want to add my products to osc and import them into quickbooks every time I get new products. I order my products, put them on the site, download them to QB, receive them, and pay for them later.

I want to have a regular employee enter the products the way I want them on the site. Then I download them into QB, receive the items and were ready to go. This way I can keep administration of the site multi user and keep QB a single user environment.

I have downloaded the products into QB from my site without a problem. Now here are my questions:

1. If I add another 5 products, download the products IIF file from QBI and import the IIF into QB will it overwrite the products I've already downloaded previously? I have received them and they have quantity and cost, will it leave this alone?

2. What if I add another attribute to a product that has attributes in osc that already exists in QB. In short, will it just add the new attribute and leave the existing attributes alone in QB?

3. What happens if I downloaded a product without attributes into QB. Then a week later I give that item two attributes in osc and download the product IIF again. What happens to that "parent" sku that has now turned into two subskus?

4. Besides using this contrib in an untraditional way, can you think of any other problems I will run into using it like this?

Thanks,

Sid

Adam,

I'm using this contribution a little differently than most will. I want to add my products to osc and import them into quickbooks every time I get new products. I order my products, put them on the site, download them to QB, receive them, and pay for them later.

At this time, QBI does not keep track of which products have already been downloaded. The product download was envisioned to be a one-time thing when you started using QB for the first time and had no products in QB. That is something I could possibly add, to have a button to only download new products. But the reason I didn't is that there are a number of fields in QB that are exclusive to QB, like vendor, purchase price, custom fields, etc. Either I'd have to add all those fields to the osC product set up, which I'd rather not, or you'd have to find each new product that has been transferred to QB and update those fields in QB. It seemed much simpler to me to just enter the product separately in osC and QB. Also, the product import only works if you maintain the same product numbers in both systems -- if you match products, then you'd have to enter them separately anyway. But if importing new products from QBI to osC would be helpful, and you could fill in the rest of the fields in QB, then this would be a relatively easy feature to add.

1. If I add another 5 products, download the products IIF file from QBI and import the IIF into QB will it overwrite the products I've already downloaded previously? I have received them and they have quantity and cost, will it leave this alone?

You can't do this. If you import all products again, you will over-write the quantity and cost information that you've entered for the previously imported products. This was meant to be a one-time procedure. Even if you leave those fields out of the iif, or leave them blank, they will get over-written -- that's a limitation of iif.

2. What if I add another attribute to a product that has attributes in osc that already exists in QB. In short, will it just add the new attribute and leave the existing attributes alone in QB?

Right now it will leave the parent item alone, but will reimport all the attributes. That's actually a bug -- the parent item should also be imported -- I will fix that. As above, if you add an attribute, you should add it both in QB and osC.

3. What happens if I downloaded a product without attributes into QB. Then a week later I give that item two attributes in osc and download the product IIF again. What happens to that "parent" sku that has now turned into two subskus?

Same as above. Right now it won't disturb the parent item, but that is a bug.

In QB, you always have the parent item either way. Attributes will become sub-items in QB. In other words, if you have start with Chocolates, and then make it Chocolates:Sweet and Chocolates:Bitter, you still have to have the "dummy" item Chocolates in QB, even though you won't use it any more, because you can't have sub-items without the parent item. The other alternative is to use the matching feature in QBI, and match them to two different QB items "Chocolates, Sweet" and "Chocolates, Bitter".

Now, I don't know if you mean two attributes at the same time. If the product is Chocolates:Sweet:Almonds then you have sub-sub-items in QB. These can not currently be matched in QBI but will pass through. The order right now is fixed, and passes through from osC -- since osC doesn't have parent and child attributes, there's no way to know which attribute is intended to be first. In other words, it will import as either Chocolates:Sweet:Almonds or Chocolates:Almonds:Sweet.

4. Besides using this contrib in an untraditional way, can you think of any other problems I will run into using it like this?

No, but please continue to bring any issues or questions to my attention. Some day I will make a nice graphic showing the product import and matching process, so it is clearer!

Your use isn't untraditional -- when I first designed it, I couldn't invision all the different ways people have their stores set up that is different than mine, so it is evolving as issues come up.

Thanks,

Adam

Ok I have a few more rookie questions for going forward in the right direction.

I have about 100 products in OSC. I have downloaded them to QB and added cost and quantity.

This is my perception going forward, please let me know if it?s correct.

I get a shipping box today with 5 new items

1. Add the new products to QB.

2. In QB ?Export|Item List?

3. Upload it to the ?admin/qbi_import? directory

4. Click ?Match?????? (Will this import, create items not already existing in osc?)

I think I may be missing something. Do I have to create the product in QB and OSC or is the whole point to create the product once and upload it to osc.

Is it safe to upload my 5 new items and it won?t affect the 100 items I already have in osc?

Thanks,

Sid

I think I may be missing something. Do I have to create the product in QB and OSC or is the whole point to create the product once and upload it to osc.

QBI can not create products in osC. Again, I could add this feature, but there are so many unique fields in osC that aren't in QB (long descriptions, multiple languages, photos, etc.) that it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You aren't saving much time over just creating the item from scratch in osC, because you'd still have to open the product in osC and add virtually everything else to it.

This is my perception going forward, please let me know if it?s correct.

I get a shipping box today with 5 new items

1. Add the new products to QB.

2. In QB ?Export|Item List?

3. Upload it to the ?admin/qbi_import? directory

4. Click ?Match?????? (Will this import, create items not already existing in osc?)

No.

1) You have to go to the Setup Products screen to import the items. Then you can go to the Match Products screen to match. Always Setup first, then Match.

2) Matching will not add any items to osC. QBI can't add items.

3) Matching is when you want to use different product models/names in osC and QB, for example match CHOC SWEET in osC to NES Bar-16oz in QB. If you don't need to do this, then you do not need to Setup or Match Products (but do make sure to Setup and Match your shipping, discounts, and payments).

Is it safe to upload my 5 new items and it won?t affect the 100 items I already have in osc?

Yes, QBI will only make the changes. It is smarter than Quickbooks! But figure out what you want to do. Either you import products from osC to QB, or you Setup and Match QB items to osC products. Unless you are doing some products differently than others, you don't need to do both. Otherwise, you are creating a kind of circle!

Thanks,

Adam

Ok I was a little confused then.

>QBI can not create products in osC.

I think it would be great though. Even if it only added the sku and name of the product that would be one less step when creating it in osc and there would be no matching problems ever as long as you always started in QB.

Here is my new going forward list, please let me know if it's correct.

1. Add product and attributes to QB

2. Add product and attributes to OSC

3. In QB ?Export|Item List?

4. Upload it to the ?admin/qbi_import? directory

5. Click "Setup" in osc

6. Click "match" in osc. (if my quickbooks name and osc sku don't match)

7. Make paypal donation to Adam for saving me tons of time.

8. Download orders.

I don't need shipping, payment etc in qb as all cards are charged before downloading the orders. Do I still need to sync the two? I like the setup I have in osc, and I'm afraid it will mess with my osc settings if I upload that info.

If I'm just syncing products and downloading orders that are charged and shipped, do I really need to upload those files to osc?

Thanks again,

Sid

Ok I was a little confused then.

>QBI can not create products in osC.

I think it would be great though. Even if it only added the sku and name of the product that would be one less step when creating it in osc and there would be no matching problems ever as long as you always started in QB.

I'll consider it.

Here is my new going forward list, please let me know if it's correct.

1. Add product and attributes to QB

2. Add product and attributes to OSC

3. In QB ?Export|Item List?

4. Upload it to the ?admin/qbi_import? directory

5. Click "Setup" in osc

Go to Setup Products. When it finds the iif file, click the button.

6. Click "match" in osc. (if my quickbooks name and osc sku don't match)

Go to Match Products. Then match the products if needed and update each page before continuing

7. Make paypal donation to Adam for saving me tons of time.

Definitely correct! And before any more lengthy questions, or we should do the consulting route as you earlier suggested as I can't help do a complete setup in the public forum.

8. Download orders.

I don't need shipping, payment etc in qb as all cards are charged before downloading the orders.

You need shipping if you want the shipping method to show up on the Invoice or Sales Order. You need payment if you want orders to import with their payments or as Sales Orders. Read all 18 pages of the instruction manual thoroughly as this will help make it all clear!

Do I still need to sync the two? I like the setup I have in osc, and I'm afraid it will mess with my osc settings if I upload that info.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you for your reply. Yes, they are non-inventory items. I look forward to the new release.

Thank you for this great contribution!

Albert

Are your products inventory or non-inventory items? At this time, only inventory items will show in the drop down. An option to show non-inventory items has already been added to the next version, which should be released in about two weeks.

The column heading are off by one row. This has been fixed and will be in the next release. The first column is osC Model, second is osC Description, and third is QB Items in the dropdown.

Let me know if this is the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam --

This contribution is absolutely FABULOUS. It was one reason we switched from the store software "Interchange" to OSC. Having said that - we are running into a slight problem that we can not figure out. Before I begin overall this contribution works without a hitch.

Our setup -

OSC 2.2 Milestone 2

QB Enterprise

Some of our items are setup within QB to be groups with a discount amount associated with it. The export goes wonderfully. The import does also. From there it goes downhill with the discount.

The discount appears where it should (Setup => Discounts/Fees) in the select bar. The situation is that we do not know how to define the "discount" within OSC so it appears under the OSC column. At present there is one item appearing (Low Order Fee) and nothing else. Since the customer never sees that the item(s) they are purchasing are actually produced from the individually available items the item price simply shows as $9.95. Here is an example of a one such item -

QB Export IIF portion

INVITEM SPAK-11 1286 1094933623 GRP "ScrapPack, Coast Guard #2" Y N 0 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638211 1281 1094929135 INVENTORY Y 1 N 0 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638228 121 1094929075 INVENTORY Y 1 N 1 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638235 118 1094929107 INVENTORY Y 1 N 1 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638242 307 1094928878 INVENTORY Y 1 N 1 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638273 200 1094928921 INVENTORY Y 1 N 1 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638327 321 1094928832 INVENTORY Y 1 N 1 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC-555044 1052 1083077928 INVENTORY Y 1 N 0 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC-552630 190 1094929034 INVENTORY Y 1 N 1 N

INVITEM Scrapbook:K-Company:KC-557475 1282 1094929178 INVENTORY Y 1 N 0 N

INVITEM SPAK-Z-820 1287 1094933845 DISC Y N 0 N

ENDGRP

OSC IIF Portion (of an order)

N -1 SPAK-11 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -0.55 Vintage Flag Blocks Paper N -1 0.55 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638235 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -0.55 Vintage Flag Paper N -1 0.55 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638228 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -4.95 American Flag Embossed Stickers N -1 4.95 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC-552630 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -0.55 Camoflauge Paper N -1 0.55 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638273 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -0.55 War Time Letters N -1 0.55 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638242 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -0.55 12 x 12 Coast Guard Paper N -1 0.55 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638327 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -4.95 Adhesion, Coast Guard Grand N -1 4.95 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC-555044 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -0.55 Vintage Flag Border Paper N -1 0.55 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC Papers:KC-638211 Y

Sales:Scrapbook -4.95 Patriotic Sayings N -1 4.95 Scrapbook:K-Company:KC-557475 Y

-18.15 ScrapPack, Coast Guard #2 N Y ENDGRP

The question is

Since the discount from the QB IIF is read, placed where it should be (qbi_disc table) how do we get the item created within OSC for matching purposes so that it can be properly sent out with OSC IIF export?

With the exception of this - this contribution is a lifesaver!!! (not to mention a TIME SAVER!!!)

BJ Chadduck

President

MilitaryWives.com, Inc.

Adam --

This contribution is absolutely FABULOUS.

Thanks!

Some of our items are setup within QB to be groups with a discount amount associated with it.  The export goes wonderfully.  The import does also.  From there it goes downhill with the discount.

The discount appears where it should (Setup => Discounts/Fees) in the select bar.  The situation is that we do not know how to define the "discount" within OSC so it appears under the OSC column.

You aren't doing anything wrong -- you're doing something that I hadn't envisioned! The discount setup/matching was intended to be used with the osC Gift Voucher / Coupons (or something like that) contribution, which allows someone to enter a discount code to get a discount on the whole order. It installs an "order_total" module that produces a code ot_coupon which is what QBI looks for. Since it isn't there, that's why nothing shows up in the osC column.

BTW, due to a bug the discount feature isn't working right now but will be fixed in the next release -- I had assumed that a discount would be the opposite sign of a product, but it isn't, so right now it gets added instead of subtracted. At least, that's what I found while helping one person -- if it does work for you now, let me know so I don't undo someting that is working.

It sounds like you use a QB discount item in your QB groups. That wasn't anticipated, but it makes complete sense. Currently, this won't work, but I will fix this in the next version.

Thanks,

Adam

I'm stuck.

1: I downloaded the list, like it said in manual, from osc. I then imported it into Quickbooks, but i only get product name and price.

All stock quantities are 0, even though they have 10+ in each product, and there is no description?

Please can you tell me where i have gone wrong?

2. When i try to import iif file created by quickbooks, it imports the item name, but no description again, but then how do i get the price imported.

3. How do i define the types of shipping or whatever in Quickbooks, so that it matches the methods i use in OSC?

4. When i try to import shipping file, (IIF), i get this message...

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #1 is not an array in C:\Domains\dollshouses4you.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\qbi_functions.php on line 753

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Domains\dollshouses4you.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\qbi_functions.php on line 754

I'm so crap at this lol

Thanks for any help in advance,

Steve

Adam --

BTW, due to a bug the discount feature isn't working right now but will be fixed in the next release -- I had assumed that a discount would be the opposite sign of a product, but it isn't, so right now it gets added instead of subtracted. At least, that's what I found while helping one person -- if it does work for you now, let me know so I don't undo someting that is working.

Since we do not have the Gift Voucher (or any other similar module for that matter) installed we can not quantify an answer regarding the error for the positive or negative value. We regret that we can not assist you with an answer.

It sounds like you use a QB discount item in your QB groups. That wasn't anticipated, but it makes complete sense. Currently, this won't work, but I will fix this in the next version.

Thanks,

Adam

As to the discount (coming from the QB IIF) we are willing to be your tester on it since we have probably 20 or more different items set up like the one described above.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount portion not working properly because truthfully I thought I had installed it incorrectly since the the QB items appeared but nothing appeared under the OSC column.

Also, and this is a curiousity question - When an item is reduced by being placed on Special within the original OSC setup (Catalog => Specials) will the reduced pricing be reflected within the QB invoice or will a "Transaction out of balance error" be generated since the OSC price will be different from the QB price? What we had done in the past (since we were doing the entry manually) was simply enter the reduced price. QB never squawked about it HOWEVER since we anticipate using this outstanding management tool now we are really curious.

In closing - is there a guess-timate on the next version's arrival?

BJ Chadduck

President

MilitaryWives.com, Inc.

Also, and this is a curiousity question - When an item is reduced by being placed on Special within the original OSC setup (Catalog => Specials) will the reduced pricing be reflected within the QB invoice or will a "Transaction out of balance error" be generated since the OSC price will be different from the QB price?

I haven't tested this, but it shouldn't be a problem. The price does not need to match -- the price that it was sold for in osC is the price that will appear on the invoice or sales order.

I hope in one or two weeks to have a new version.

Thanks,

Adam

I'm stuck.

1: I downloaded the list, like it said in manual, from osc. I then imported it into Quickbooks, but i only get product name and price.

All stock quantities are 0, even though they have 10+ in each product, and there is no description?

Stock quantities are presently not imported. That is something I can add. However, since osC presenty can not keep track of stock quantities for attributes, stock for items with attributes would not be able to be imported. You will need to put the quantities in yourself. But you will need to edit each product anyway, since cost and vendor can't be imported either (since they don't exist in osC).

2. When i try to import iif file created by quickbooks, it imports the item name, but no description again, but then how do i get the price imported.

Not sure. I may need you to send me some files for troubleshooting. Try changing the Config option Items:Description Language and tell me what happens.

3. How do i define the types of shipping or whatever in Quickbooks, so that it matches the methods i use in OSC?

Please re-read that section of the user manual. You need to create Shipping Methods in QB, then follow the instructions for importing and matching.

4. When i try to import shipping file, (IIF), i get this message...

This error is in the match screen, not the set-up screen. You need to import and setup the shipping methods before you can match them. The error is because nothing has been imported yet in the Setup Shipping screen.

THanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

What file is being called OUTSIDE of the /admin directory that I would need to change permissions on?

I'm getting the 'forbidden - access window' when clicking on the QBI module in the admin area.

I had this problem with USPS API a year ago and had to change permissions somewhere or add access to get it working but don't remember where.

What file is being called OUTSIDE of the /admin directory that I would need to change permissions on?

I'm getting the 'forbidden - access window' when clicking on the QBI module in the admin area.

I had this problem with USPS API a year ago and had to change permissions somewhere or add access to get it working but don't remember where.

There is nothing outside of /admin that it is calling, and even if it was, the QBI page should load and then give you PHP errors if it had problems with an include or function.

Try going straight to http://yourdomainhere.com/catalog/admin/qbi_create.php

If that works, then there's just an error in your set-up for the box menu.

Thanks,

Adam

There is nothing outside of /admin that it is calling, and even if it was, the QBI page should load and then give you PHP errors if it had problems with an include or function.

Try going straight to http://yourdomainhere.com/catalog/admin/qbi_create.php

If that works, then there's just an error in your set-up for the box menu.

Thanks,

Adam

This is not entirely true. I've had this EXACT problem with the module I refrenced (in my earlier post). It WAS a permissions problem. I just can't remember where.

Going directly to the http://store.nicolejohnson.net/admin/qbi_create.php redirects to https://store.xxx.net/admin/forbiden.php

The text on that page is:

Access denied

No Right permission access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

?more access or if you found any problem

Here's a picture:

norightpermission.jpg

Edited by Grey Ghost

I found the problem. There is an admin - file access contrib. The php modules must be added to the list of "allowed" files within that control panel.

Yay me!!!

Edited by Grey Ghost

This is not entirely true.  I've had this EXACT problem with the module I refrenced (in my earlier post).  It WAS a permissions problem.  I just can't remember where.

Going directly to the http://store.nicolejohnson.net/admin/qbi_create.php redirects to https://store.xxx.net/admin/forbiden.php

Well, for one, I can't access your admin area without a password (which is a good thing).

And, xxx.net is a porn site -- if you are getting redirected there, then you have a problem with your server that has nothing to do with QBI or osC, unless you have inserted xxx.net in your code somewhere as an innocent placeholder!

All of QBI's own workings are in the Admin directory or lower (where you installed the QBI files).

It includes the osC application_top and bottom files, which reference to the language files, database definitions, constants, and shared osC functions, but all this is called by any page you load in the admin, not just QBI.

Check the permissions for all of the QBI files that you uploaded to your site. Make sure that they all have full read permissions, and if that doesn't do it, try progressively adding permissions, such as 755. How you do this will depend if you are using a UNIX server and have CHMOD, or are using a Windows server. If you don't know how to change permissions, you hosting company may also be able to help you. I really don't think it is anything outside of the QBI files that you installed or the few files that were modified in the installation instructions, because then you'd be having problems in other parts of your admin area as well.

Thanks,

Adam

I found the problem.  There is an admin - file access contrib.  The php modules must be added to the list of "allowed" files within that control panel.

Yay me!!!

I've just installed the Quickbooks contrib on my system and am also having a problem with Frobidden Access'. Sounds similar to your problem.

I've looked through the contribs and haven't found one that sounds like what you used. I would appreciate it if you could pass along then name on the contrib and any specifics about it that would be useful in fixing the problem.

Thanks,

Jay