• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Thank you for all your hard work on this amazing contrib.

I did the upgrade and everything looks great.

I put an iif file in the qbi_import folder and QBI isn't seeing it. Do you know why? It says Did not find iif import file.

It has to have a specific file name as indicated in the instruction manual. Also, it is case sensitive.

Thanks,

Adam

Figured it out. In the instructions it says  qbi_import not qbi_input.  Got it now.

thanks much :)

That was fixed quite a while back. What version are you trying to instal? It sounds like version 1.0. You should try version 2.02, it is much better. There's a small bug though in the upgrade file, so if you are installing 2.02 over 1.01, make sure to follow the instructions on "reinstallation" beforehand or else you'll get an error. The qbi_imported field has to be removed from the orders table, and the qbi_config table needs to be deleted to do a fresh install.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Guys,

Someone just told me that I can process with Credit cards with quickbooks, does anyone know if this is really the case? If so, will I need a payment module or will this module do the job, also will we need an SSL cert if we use this mod to import details for I presumbe offline processing?

Any help you guys can give would be greatfully received.

rdgs

Paul

Ok its me again (the one with the CRE install)

I got everything almost working. The problems I was having before werent even CRE related, my host had an old version of PHP and after some coaxing they upgraded, now I can import iif files and match them to the OSC equivilents all day, but my problem lies in that I cannot produce iif files(with sizes that are not zero)... If im able to see and match everything through the utilities provided, shouldnt I be able to produce a non zero iif file? Any insight into this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

------------------

Keep up the good work guys!

Ok its me again (the one with the CRE install)

I got everything almost working. The problems I was having before werent even CRE related, my host had an old version of PHP and after some coaxing they upgraded, now I can import iif files and match them to the OSC equivilents all day, but my problem lies in that I cannot produce iif files(with sizes that are not zero)... If im able to see and match everything through the utilities provided, shouldnt I be able to produce a non zero iif file? Any insight into this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

------------------

It sounds like there may be a problem writing to the file. Make sure that you have full permissions set for the QBI input and output directories (CHMOD 777).

- Adam

It sounds like there may be a problem writing to the file. Make sure that you have full permissions set for the QBI input and output directories (CHMOD 777).

- Adam

"Ok how'd those dir's get locked?" Thanks, that fixed the empty file problem, but im not out of the woods just yet... (lol) looks like the files contain the proper headings and so forth, but no data (except for products, that seems to work...) peculiar behavior... I will keep trying the other two (customers and orders) to see if my test orders/customers come through. Again, any insight is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

--------------------

Someone just told me that I can process with Credit cards with quickbooks, does anyone know if this is really the case?
If you use innovative merchant solutions as a processor, then you can use QB to run cards. The QB software has its own SSL connection, since you are using their software to communicate with them.

Be warned, the customer service at Innovative Merchant is awful- they are rude as hell.

Hello all:

I`m trying the 2.02 QBI version, I dont know what happend, the file can`t install the database, it seams as it can`t find the database in the server, then I try again but this time uploading the database my self, once the database was up and back to the catalog administration it is giving me another error, now the file show me the configure place and I make click in te bottom update and the script get me back to the configure plase, don`t worry where the click in maked the script get me back to the configure place always..

Can somebody give me a hand with it?, I`m realy needing QBI in my site.

Thanks

Hello all:

I`m trying the 2.02 QBI version, I dont know what happend, the file can`t install the database, it seams as it can`t find the database in the server, then I try again but this time uploading the database my self, once the database was up and back to the catalog administration it is giving me another error, now the file show me the configure place and I make click in te bottom update and the script get me back to the configure plase, don`t worry where the click in maked the script get me back to the configure place always..

It is probably going back to Configure because it can't write to the database. Do you use some kind of prefix on your database names? QBI doesn't currently support that. There may also be a connection issue, possibly due to the permissions on pHp and MySQL. Also, are you using a very old version of pHp or MySQL?

You may set the field qbi_config_active=1 in the qbi_config table to prevent the return to the config page, but I suspect that you will still have other problems. But try that.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi all:

Thanks for your recomendation adam5532, now this problem were fixed, I just turn the field qbi_config_active to 1 and it is working finaly :), now the other problem that I have is the IIF files, they are inside the qbi_import file but the code don`t reconice then, I read a lot of post in this forum with the same problem and I apply some of this recomendations but doesn`t work.

If some body with the same problem in the pass have the solution I`ll appreciate any recomendation about it.

Thanks

I am currently working with zen-cart but the lack of inventory control based on attributes made me come across this fantastic contribution. does anybody know if it works with zen-cart as well?

It does not currently work with Zen-Cart. I am planning to make a version for Zen-Cart in the future.

QBI does not handle inventory synchronization. That's only a problem if you do both online and offline sales. This feature will be added in the near future.

Neither osC nor Zen-Cart can yet do inventy control broken down by attributes. QBI will probably not be able to do that until the shopping cart software can do it as well -- otherwise, I'd have to design a whole new inventory system.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi all:

Thanks for your recomendation adam5532, now this problem were fixed, I just turn the field qbi_config_active to 1 and it is working finaly :), now the other problem that I have is the IIF files, they are inside the qbi_import file but the code don`t reconice then, I read a lot of post in this forum with the same problem and I apply some of this recomendations but doesn`t work.

If some body with the same problem in the pass have the solution I`ll appreciate any recomendation about it.

Thanks

Please clarify the problem. QBI doesn't download the iif file, or it does download it, but Quickbooks can not open it?

Thanks,

Adam

Neither osC nor Zen-Cart can yet do inventy control broken down by attributes. QBI will probably not be able to do that until the shopping cart software can do it as well -- otherwise, I'd have to design a whole new inventory system.

sorry, I don't get it. you say that qbi converts osC products with attributes to separate Quickbooks items. but this does not work with inventory count? so if I have all the products based on the attributes in quickbooks and then sell something over osC, will it not decrease the inventory in quickbooks the next time I synchronise? or does quickbooks not have an inventory counter? sorry, but I haven't played with quickbooks yet...

thanks for your support!

sorry, I don't get it. you say that qbi converts osC products with attributes to separate Quickbooks items. but this does not work with inventory count? so if I have all the products based on the attributes in quickbooks and then sell something over osC, will it not decrease the inventory in quickbooks the next time I synchronise? or does quickbooks not have an inventory counter? sorry, but I haven't played with quickbooks yet...

thanks for your support!

Both osC and QB have inventory counters. But if you make a sale in QB that is not online, your online inventory then of course will not decrease. The ability to synchronize inventory will be added to QBI soon.

Both osC and ZenCart have a serious deficiency: If you have 4 shirts, and two are blue and two are red, and you sell two of them, neither will know whether the shirts that are left in stock are red, blue, or one of each. Both carts plan to address this problem in the future.

Thanks,

Adam

Both osC and QB have inventory counters. But if you make a sale in QB that is not online, your online inventory then of course will not decrease. The ability to synchronize inventory will be added to QBI soon.

but does it work the other way around? that is, when I sell a product online via osC and then synchronize with QB, does the inventory decrease there based on the attributes? So when selling a shirt with the blue attribute in the online-shop, does the inventory count of the subproduct (blue shirt, subproduct of shirt) decrease then in QB? I just want to keep track of my inventory in QB, at this stage it is not very important to me to let online customers know their desired product is no longer available. I hope, QBI can help me out with that.

thanks a lot!

stephan

but does it work the other way around? that is, when I sell a product online via osC and then synchronize with QB, does the inventory decrease there based on the attributes? So when selling a shirt with the blue attribute in the online-shop, does the inventory count of the subproduct (blue shirt, subproduct of shirt) decrease then in QB? I just want to keep track of my inventory in QB, at this stage it is not very important to me to let online customers know their desired product is no longer available. I hope, QBI can help me out with that.

thanks a lot!

stephan

Yes, if you are not worried about keeping a stock count in osC, then yes there is no problem as QB will subtract the inventory when you import orders. Your osC attributes can be transferred as QB item:subitem or as separate QB items (using the matching feature). Either way, your inventory count for attributes will be accurate in QB using QBI.

Thanks,

Adam