• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

yea. Thats how the authorize.net w/ curl fix contrib was setup in OSC as default. I dunno what is wrong cuz no matter what i check on the configureation. It still imports as in invoice and not as a sales receipt.

You are not doing anything wrong. It is not recognizing it as a payment type because I haven't put that in yet.

I will try to fix that soon, as I am also going to be using the Authorize.net w Curl fix contribution myself. :D

In the meantime, if all your orders are paid (no check / money orders), you can do a quick fix by changing Line 41 in qbi_engine_orders.php

from $payCC=0;

to $payCC=1;

Thanks,

Adam

Your right, I had looked in the db at some earlier orders, several months ago, before I did a large paypal update.  In the db, it is now just PayPal, which matches the iif.

It's okay to wait until after 1.1 for this.  I'd suggest limiting what you put into 1.1 to be coupon support, cleanup of code, and bug fixes.

I'm in total agreement! I've spent a good deal of time making code improvements and fixing bugs -- 4.5 hours for v1.01, and 34.5 hours so far on v1.1 (181.5 hours total!).

I've spent a lot of time on the automatic database install/upgrade system, because as I make improvements it would make things complicated for users otherwise. Now, all database table installation and changes are automatic when a new version is installed.

I've also added a nifty simple syntax system so that users can configure their order numbers and customer numbers to their heart's content, with no code editing!

More configuration options have been added, and some configuration items have been renamed and/or reorganized to be more logical.

The manual has been thoroughly updated, with explanation of the options, and a troubleshooting section.

Handling of the Invoice number incrementing problem has been improved.

Missing translation items, and a number of bugs have been fixed.

Right now I am in the middle of adding support for coupons, low order fee, etc. That's quite time consuming but is progressing well.

Multiple attributes and non-inventory items will probably wait untill the following update, so that I can get it out as soon as the coupon support is working.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you so much! Yea on my website i only do online sales w/. credit card (obviously) and offline or other sources. Thanks!

Mm.. question i noticed that when i import my products into QB using the QBI it imports as "Service" instead of Inventory Asset. Is there a way to change that?

I opened the PROD.IFF and it says Inventory Asset but it goes in as Service. My Inventory is ON. so is something up w/. my QB setting?

Edited by superman123

Hi Adam, thanks for writing this great importer/exporter.

I've been setting it up for my store and found a couple of little bugs you might like to take a look at.

First, I found that in the documentation you refer to creating two folders called qbi_import and qbi_export if I remember correctly, but then I found that the code needs folders called something more like qbi_input and qbi_output so the documentation may need to be modified.

Second, I am not using item groups. I'm trying the qbi_orders.iif to get all my current store orders into quickbooks for a fresh new company setup. I first used qbi to get all my items into quickbooks with the appropriate options so that I should not have to set up any matching and just let the item:option method work as default. I found that qbi was creating an export of all the orders but with items and no item option tagged onto them. I followed up on the bug to a line in qbi_functions that appears incorrect related to the default language. In qbi_engine_orders.php you are using a function call to get the language id for the default language and it calls this function:

function get_language_id($language_code) {

$languages_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where code = '" . (int)$language_code . "'");

while ($languages = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query)) {

$language_id=$languages['languages_id'];

}

return $language_id;

}

This appears wrong because you are converting a string language code ("en" in my case) into an integer by casting in the SQL where clause. This is causing the function to return blank as my default language id instead of returning '1' as it should.

Once I removed the (int) cast above, the export works fine for me. I didn't know if you use this function elsewhere, so I just made another fixed copy of the function and called that one from qbi_engine_orders.php instead which seems to work for me.

Thanks again for this cool importer/expoter. I was modifying some of the older quickbooks iif creators for OsC when I checked back and found you had just created this great comprehensive system.

BTW, my name is Jim ... This forum seems to be putting my post under another users name (?)

Hi Again Adam

It seems to me that I may having a similar problem exporting the products. I sended you my iif file so you can have a look a it like you told me. I opened it with excel and interchanging the name of two of the colums (NAME and PURCHASEDESC) I managed to export all my products , but then the order export is not working I guess because of this change. I am using 2 languages, I don?t know if that has something to do with my problem.

Thanks for looking into this :(

Important Notice: :blush:

I have discovered the following bug, which you should fix NOW on your copy of QBI!

Problem:

If you have Orders: Update Status checked in the Config screen, and you click "Recreate iif file from all previous orders" in the Utility screen, an email will be sent out to your customers for every past order. :angry:

Fix:

File: qbi_engine_orders.php

Line: 319

Change from: if (QBI_STATUS_UPDATE==1)

Change to: if ($qbimported==0 AND QBI_STATUS_UPDATE==1)

This fix will be incorporated into the upcoming ver 1.1

Thanks,

Adam

Important Notice:  :blush:

I have discovered the following bug, which you should fix NOW on your copy of QBI!

Problem:

If you have Orders: Update Status checked in the Config screen, and you click "Recreate iif file from all previous orders" in the Utility screen, an email will be sent out to your customers for every past order.  :angry:

Fix:

File: qbi_engine_orders.php

Line: 319

Change from:  if (QBI_STATUS_UPDATE==1)

Change to:      if ($qbimported==0 AND QBI_STATUS_UPDATE==1)

This fix will be incorporated into the upcoming ver 1.1

Thanks,

Adam

Good find Adam...

What is the estimated delivery of next version?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Hi Adam again..

when i import my prior orders i get a "Transaction out of Balance" message.. what coudl be causing this?

But your new orders work ok? There may be some with a low order fee or coupon. This is not yet supported but will be in version 1.1, which will be ready soon. Also, if the tax rate is different on the old orders than the new ones, there may be a problem.

Thanks,

Adam

It all depends on when I find time, so I hesitate to make promises. Should be this week. The low order / coupon part is basically constructed, but I need to refine it and debug it.

Thanks,

Adam

OK my big wait is the fix for the ability to gather more than one more attributes assigned....

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

I know, I know! I'll try to do what I can!

Thanks,

Adam

yea new orders work great. no problems. Also remmeber when i said about the browser timinig out to retrieve all prior order, well it only retrived like 1/2 of my orders even after i did the tuning thing. But anyways it only says out of balance for the ones i retrive.

yea new orders work great. no problems. Also remmeber when i said about the browser timinig out to retrieve all prior order, well it only retrived like 1/2 of my orders even after i did the tuning thing.

It should keep making the file even if the browser times out -- you can get it via ftp. It can take a while -- I retrieved 600 past orders and it took several minutes, so 6,000 could take quite a while. It may not have been finished if you only got half.

I will look at speeding it up, but a little later.

But anyways it only says out of balance for the ones i retrive.

I suspect either you have a low order fee, coupon, group (with a changed amount), or tax (with a % that has changed).

If you can identify the order number of the transactions that are out of balance, you can send me the iif file and the numbers so I can see the problem. If it is one of the things listed above, then that's the answer and you don't need to send it.

Thanks,

Adam

It should keep making the file even if the browser times out -- you can get it via ftp. It can take a while -- I retrieved 600 past orders and it took several minutes, so 6,000 could take quite a while. It may not have been finished if you only got half.

I will look at speeding it up, but a little later.

I suspect either you have a low order fee, coupon, group (with a changed amount), or tax (with a % that has changed).

If you can identify the order number of the transactions that are out of balance, you can send me the iif file and the numbers so I can see the problem. If it is one of the things listed above, then that's the answer and you don't need to send it.

Thanks,

Adam

How can i get it via FTP? Cuz after it timed out it did make the file and i d/l from the output folder but i only got like 2000 orders out of like around 8000.

How can i get it via FTP? Cuz after it timed out it did make the file and i d/l from the output folder  but i only got like 2000 orders out of like around 8000.

That's what I mean. If you downloaded it using your web design software then that's using ftp.

I think you just didn't wait long enough. I did about 600, and it took maybe 4 minutes. So, 6000 might take 40 minutes! It will depend on the speed of your server and the resources available.

QBI's tables are all well indexed. You might add indexes to your osC customer, orders, products, attributes etc. tables.

There is a lot that it has to do. It has to essentially put back together each order from all the associated tables, including product attributes, and look for substitutions for each one.

I will work on something to keep the browser happy, and/or allow the transactions to be split up.

But this is not at the top of my list. So, don't worry about importing all your old orders for a while!

Thanks,

Adam

after following the instructions meticulously, I receive the following error when trying to run the install file:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/qbi_general.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jtpentec/public_html/catalog/admin/qbi_install_db.php on line 18

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/qbi_general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jtpentec/public_html/catalog/admin/qbi_install_db.php on line 18

the qbi general file is indeed where it is supposed to be. Any ideas?

after following the instructions meticulously, I receive the following error when trying to run the install file:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/qbi_general.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jtpentec/public_html/catalog/admin/qbi_install_db.php on line 18

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/qbi_general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jtpentec/public_html/catalog/admin/qbi_install_db.php on line 18

the qbi general file is indeed where it is supposed to be.  Any ideas?

There's only a few things that can go wrong. Either:

1) the file isn't where it is supposed to be

2) it got corrupted in your upload

3) the directory is not readable

Line 18 is:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/qbi_general.php');

Nothing else happens before it, so it isn't a problem in QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

Just finished the second week of using your QuickBooks Import and I wanted to thank you again.  It has been working great and really has saved us lots of time.  Just wanted to say "Thank You".

-Mark

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

I'm hoping to get version 1.1 done this weekend. It will fix some bugs, add more configuration options (and make them clearer), improve the manual, and add some of the most requested new features!

- Adam

I (being a busy person as well) respect what you have done so far, but am waiting for v1.1.

Any idea of a release date?

I worked on it for about 25 hours last weekend, and almost got it done but not quite. I'll try to work on it this week, but otherwise it may not be ready until the weekend. I will probably call it version 2.0 because it has so many improvements.

Thanks,

Adam