• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

I would not recommend THUB. I bought this software back in 2006, and after 3 years of haggling with support and waiting for promised solutions to bugs, I have finally given up on Atandra. They have a paid support program, but they don't answer their emails and I could not once reach them by phone. They continually insisted that their software was working fine when it clearly was not. The item matching between QB and OsC is extremely complicated, and requires that you change most of your QB product codes. Once you have done all this work, then you still get errors.

I'm have high hopes that QBI 3.8 is going to work out for me.

Carolyn

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam and everyone,

I am having a problem with matching for some, unknown, reason. I am using version 2.10

It was working fine for a while.

Now, when I go to the "quickbooks" dropdown for matching, everything is out of order. It doesn't seem to be sorted by any way I can figure out, not alphabetical, not by QB ID, etc.

Is there a way to make it go back to an alphabetical listing?

Thank you all in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...

QBI Quickbooks Import aims to be the ultimate tool for tranferring you osC sales into Quickbooks.

Please add onto this thread for support issues and I will address them as soon as possible. - Adam Liberman

I will add the link to the contribution in the next post.

Features:

a) Imports new invoices and new customers in one iif file

B) Imports payments with invoices or as sales receipts

c) Can go back and reimport previous invoices

d) Can import all customers or products

e) Converts osC products to QB item groups

f) Converts osC products with attributes to separate QB items

g) Converts osC products with attributes to QB sub-items

h) Converts any osC product to a QB item with a different name

i) Converts osC shipping methods to QB shipping names

j) Configurable for QB with sales tax turned on or off

k) Creates unique QB customer names

l) Almost no alteration of osC files

m) Multilingual interface

n) Invoice description language options

o) Converts essential data to default store language

p) No file editing needed -- all settings done in a graphical interface

q) Configuration saved in a database table making upgrades easy

r) Table creation is automatic after installation

s) Table updates are automatic when new versions are installed

t) Sanitizes data to avoid iif file errors

u) Strips blank lines and line feeds in addresses for proper importing to different QB versions

v) Shows country name only for foreign orders (option)

w) Changes state/province names to postal codes (option)

x) Adds customer comments to invoices (option)

y) Updates status and sends emails to customers (option)

z) Deletes credit card numbers (option)

Adam: I am having some problems with installation of qbi_V2_10c . I have double checked over your instructions and I cannot see any mistakes but I receive this message when trying to access the /admin/configuration.php . The message I receive is: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /hsphere/local/home/brucechr/speedgel.com/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31 . I have checked over the code and it looks good. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Adam: Here is the code for the previous error that I posted:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_QBI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_QBI . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

The last line is line 31 (})

Adam: Here is the code for the previous error that I posted:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_QBI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_QBI . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

The last line is line 31 (})

Adam: I believe that I have solved the problem. I do have a question; Is it absolutely necessary to "i) qbi_output needs to have read/write permission. Depending on your server configuration, you may need to set this after creating the directory to prevent access or permission errors. On unix hosts, chmod 777." Won't this cause me a security issue? Thanks

• 2 months later...

I've followed the install instructions and everything was installed correctly... then when I go into OSC admin and try the install from that end this is what I get:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Database table upgrades successfull. Now you must go to the configuration page.

1) Recheck your configuration options and configure new options.

2) Click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

Note: You must click update to finish the upgrade, even if you did not change any settings!

Now you must go to the configuration page.

^ The above is a link to the configuration page but when I click it it just reloads the same page the is displayed above... no way to configure qbi

please helps, thanks!

Edited by cpannek

I've followed the install instructions and everything was installed correctly... then when I go into OSC admin and try the install from that end this is what I get:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Note: You must click update to finish the upgrade, even if you did not change any settings!

^ The above is a link to the configuration page but when I click it it just reloads the same page the is displayed above... no way to configure qbi

please helps, thanks!

I had the same problem installing QBI on osCommerce 2.2RC2a. I solved it by manually editing the qbi_config table in your database. Here is what I modified mine to, and now everything works

Starting with qbi_config_id: 1 , 210, 2003, 1, 5, 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, 0, 2, %I, %I, %C10W-%I, %C10W-%I, 0, Retail, 1, 0, 1, 0, Accounts Receivable, Undeposited Funds, 1, 1, blank, blank, blank, blank, 1, blank, blank, blank, Inventory Asset, blank, Cost of Goods Sold, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, blank, 0, 0, Expense, Shipping, Shipping Expense, blank, 0, 0, 0, blank, blank, 0, blank, 0, 48, 1, Date

Note: blank = leave empty

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had nothing but trouble with this. Support NEVER gets back to you. I've got two tickets open and absolutely NO response. I can understand if you are busy but posting multiple support requests each one days/weeks apart and still no response.....at least contact me and say you are busy, or I'll get back to you - something.

The qbi software is quirky and difficult to get installed. I needed to install a ionCube module on the server just to use the software as the writer encryped all the files which requires a decrypting tool. Sad part is the encryption engine he uses CONFLICTS with my PHPED debugger module. I needed to disable my PHPED debugging module just to use QBI Software. Crazy!!! I spent weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't get QBI Software running when I finally trouble shooted the conflict myself.

Here is quote from ionCube about the conflict:

"Unfortunately debuggers are incompatible and generally crash when encoded systems are installed. Some of the security features in our latest product make this particularly likely to happen because memory pointers in internal PHP structures that normally point to code are by design invalid and garbage if they relate encoded files, and would cause a crash for any code that tried to access them."

In my opinion, THIS QBI SOFTWARE IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!

Currently looking for a replacement as this software -- simply put -- does not work as I was led to believe, never mind support.

Edited by NJTackle

• 1 month later...

Hi,

After install fresh version QBI, I get thiss error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home2/spasrust/public_html/gentry/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 78

any advice?

Best regards,

Sunrise99

• 2 weeks later...

Quickbooks Import QBI

please helps, thanks!

I had this same issue and none of the actaal SQL tables or anything else had been added, so I did that through phpMyAdmin and used the appropriate file from the installation; in my case the SQL file qbi_0-00_2-10

Good Luck

• 6 months later...

Hello,

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had nothing but trouble with this.

With 1,000s of customers, there is always going to be someone that isn't completely happy, and it is unfortunate when they leave this type of a post. Fortunately, virtually everyone who has purchased it has been very pleased. Additionally, this forum is meant for support of the free version, and is not a place where those who have purchased the software normally leave posts.

The qbi software is quirky and difficult to get installed. I needed to install a ionCube module on the server just to use the software

The software actually has an automated installer and normally installs in less than a minute. The ionCube loader can be installed on a website with a mouse-click in the cPanel WHM. We are finding that 95%+ of our customers already have it, or QBI can automatically install it. There are a few hosts with servers that are running old software and are not well configured. Those hosts can normally install it when requested. If they can't, then it is time to look for a better host anyway.

Thanks,

Adam

www.qbisoftware.com

Hi,

I am thinking about buying this software. Little bit scared after some of the posts. Has the new version worked better? Any positive responses?

I find only one negative post, and you can see my reply to it that I just gave. Keep in mind that the free version 2.10c is four years old. QBI is now at version 3.85, and really 3.50 was totally re-written, so it is really in its 4th version. QBI works great and is used by many people. The old free version is essentially unsupported at this time. At some time in the future I may offer a new free version, but I don't have specific plans for that yet.

Thanks,

Adam

www.qbisoftware.com

• 2 months later...

I have 2.10c installed and my sales Tax Summary Reports are incorrect in QuickBooks. My invoices are coming over correctly from QBI with sales tax not charged on my shipping for out of state customers. However at the bottom of the invoice it does not say sales tax exempt for out of state customers. So when I run sales tax summary report it is coming out wrong (tax being charged on shipping). Due I have something set wrong in QBI? Is there a fix for this? This does not appear to be a QuickBooks problem but a QBI one. At least that is what the people over at Intuit are telling me. It is like I need two sales tax codes. One for instate and one for out of state.

Thanks,

Capt Tony

Edited by bluewaterbm

• 3 months later...

I had this same issue and none of the actaal SQL tables or anything else had been added, so I did that through phpMyAdmin and used the appropriate file from the installation; in my case the SQL file qbi_0-00_2-10

Good Luck

I had the same problem, the above solved it for me.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I saw on this program that QB needs to be in single user mode when importing orders from QBI. Is this still true and if so, are there plans to make the current version able to import orders in Multi-User Mode? This is critical to our business. We have too many folks taking orders in QB to keep switching.

Programs like eCC and thub don't require this, so I am sure there is a way to make it work in Multi-User mode. Let me know if this is an option.

Laser labels, barcode labels, custom labels

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i am running QBI since 2005,

was very happy until recently. The only issue i had with my old version V3.10 was the import of bundled products. I contacted the owner of the software and he convinced be to upgrade to V3.85.

I hesitated but Adam guaranteed the upgrade would be easy and quick.

Well he was right all i had to do is run a exe file on my PC and voila the upgrade was installed in minutes. After the update another problem occurred, a problem that i did not have before the update.

All orders are imported as invoices, not as sales receipts.

As a workaround a have to modify the iif files manually.

I could not figure out a solution with Adam, the problem seems to be somewhere deeper in his software.

The thing is after that update there are no more php file we could modify manually.

The thing somehow develops a own live on my server, i am not a super programmer crack but i installed many mods myself and know a bit how to troubleshoot.

While Adam was very responsive we came to the point where he asked me to give him all my login infos: "Cpanel OS Commerce Admin panel". Not that i mistrust that guy, but we have many customers and active credit card processing going on.... So:

A: is it legal to have someone you don't know dig through your database?

B: Would you provide that log in info?

Please let me know your opinion, i am a bit frustrated at this point.

And don't forget: Never change a running system!

• 9 months later...

Has anyone modified the "free" version (2.10c) of Quickbooks Import available in contributions to work within OSC 2.3?

At this point in time I have managed to get the files to display "properly" however the menuing does NOT work. The 2nd level menu does not display. Calling the files by their filenames they load and display correctly. Import of existing files works. Within the individual files the data is accessed and appears to be correct.

Here is/are the primary problem(s)

Since there is no submenu the functionality is disjointed.

The DL of the IIF is not accomplished within the interface. Instead it is displayed on the screen. HOWEVER it is created and placed in qbi_output correctly. If pulled from there it does import correctly.

I am at best a novice programmer. Give me an example and I can accomplish the rest.

BJ

• 2 years later...

Having problems getting the new version for osC v 2.3.4 to work.

I copied my old QBI tables into the database because the addon wouldn't create new ones.

After this the QBI admin page is fine and correctly displays the 'New Orders,'Previous Batch of Orders' etc,but unfortunately the download buttons are not working and in the configure page I can't update any settings.

I've reinstalled several times,but with the same result unfortunately.

If others have got this working on v2.3.4 was there anything extra you had to do,if not then I can't figure out why it's not working for me.

It's a great contribution which has served me well on v2.2,so I'd really like to get this up an running.