• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Hi, Just a question, Can you use 2.10 with the UK version of quickbooks 2008 which I'm told is similar to the canadian version?

Is there anything that works with the UK version of quickbooks? I Just need exporting order and customer data functionality into quickbooksuk something like the below IIF file:

UK and Canada are planned to be added to the commercial version of QBI when version 4.0 is released. The UK file format is different than the US, because I believe products can be taxed at different rates. Therefore, tax can't just be added at the bottom. Because the field names and columns are different, the US file will not import into the UK version.

Thanks,

Adam

It says successfully imported when I import my order iif file into quickbook. But actually it failed. My iif file is here . Can anyone help me? Thanks.

You've neglected to set up QBI.

On the Configure page:

Enter ALL the required info for Shipping

Enter the ACCOUNTS for the Items

Configure the Customer Number (or are you using Purchase without Account contrib?)

Thanks,

Adam

Is there any issues with this contribution using Oscommerce 2.2 RC2a?

Probably not, but I don't know. QBI 2.10 is two years old. The latest commercial version 3.78 works with it. I may release a free version of 4.0 when it comes out, but haven't decided that yet.

I have just uploaded everything and when I go to the QBI in the admin panel I get the following message:

Database table upgrades successfull. Now you must got to the configuration page.

1) Recheck your configuration options and configure new options.

2) Click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

Note: You must click update to finish the upgrade, even if you did not change any settings!

Now you must go to the configuration page.

There is no update button visible. The words "Now you must go to the configuration page" is a link to qbi_config.php. When I click it nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Please check your server log for PHP Warnings or Errors immediately after this failure occurs. This should help us to see what is happening. Also, let me know your PHP and MySQL versions.

Thanks,

Adam

It says successfully imported when I import my order iif file into quickbook. But actually it failed. My iif file is here . Can anyone help me? Thanks.

And lastly, NEVER post or give links to iif files in a public forum, unless you have removed or altered the personal customer information.

Thanks,

Adam

Probably not, but I don't know. QBI 2.10 is two years old. The latest commercial version 3.78 works with it. I may release a free version of 4.0 when it comes out, but haven't decided that yet.

Please check your server log for PHP Warnings or Errors immediately after this failure occurs. This should help us to see what is happening. Also, let me know your PHP and MySQL versions.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

there seems to be no PHP error logs for this.

I am using

MySQL version 5.0.67

PHP version 5.2.8

Live life authentically.

I can not get past this part:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Database table upgrades successfull. Now you must go to the configuration page.

Note: You must click update to finish the upgrade, even if you did not change any settings!

Any ideas?

Kane

Ok found a post and ran the SQL and that got me to the next step. The problem I am having now is I can not get the configuration page to go away after I click on update. Any ideas?

Kane

I can not get past this part:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Database table upgrades successfull. Now you must go to the configuration page.

Any ideas?

Kane

Ok found a post and ran the SQL and that got me to the next step. The problem I am having now is I can not get the configuration page to go away after I click on update. Any ideas?

Kane

There is a problem writing to your database. Please locate you error log and look at the PHP error messages generated at the time that this happens. Also, do you use any prefix to you osC tables?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

there seems to be no PHP error logs for this.

I am using

MySQL version 5.0.67

PHP version 5.2.8

I'm not sure what you mean? Did you find other PHP lines in the log? If you see no PHP notices, warnings, or errors in the log, then your PHP logging may be going elsewhere.

- Adam

• 3 weeks later...
Joe,

QBI pulls the first and last name and fax number from the Customers table, and the rest of the customer information from the Orders table. Unfortunately, this is necessary, as the Orders table only has one name field, and the Customers table has a first and last name field. The fax field only appears in the Customers table. But, the Customers table only holds one address, where the Orders table holds the billing and shipping addresses. Go figure! So, because of this, QBI has to pull from a combination of both tables.

There's no way to get around this in the QBI config screen, but you could go into the code and make changes. I do plan to support integration with your contribution, and I will fix this issue in the upcoming version 3.0 or 3.1.

Thanks,

Adam

So, I read this while running QBI 2.10. Everything peachy and nice. No problems at all except the problem of the users not having their name import into QBI due to the aforementioned issue. So, since my client would bitch and moan about it everytime we'd meet, "so anything about the names not importing?", I figured i would bite the bullet and upgrade his QBI with the impression that versions after 3.1 would have support for this. So, has anyone been able to get this problem fixed or at least have a work around thru PWA or QBI? While i am glad to support such a great contribution with my $$, i feel a bit duped... someone please make me feel better! thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Adam,

I am having the same problem as Kane. It does not save the configuration when I press Update. Just as Kane did, I had to manually run the SQL to create the tables. But now I am also stuck on the Configure page. There are no errors in the error log file related to QBI. I am not sure if this helps, but in the qbi_config.php on line 34, the IF logic is never true, so the program never goes into where the update is performed. I am not sure where the $stage variable and the other config fields are suppose to be set, but in my system they are all null.

Thanks,

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Adam,

I am having the same problem as Kane. It does not save the configuration when I press Update. Just as Kane did, I had to manually run the SQL to create the tables. But now I am also stuck on the Configure page. There are no errors in the error log file related to QBI. I am not sure if this helps, but in the qbi_config.php on line 34, the IF logic is never true, so the program never goes into where the update is performed. I am not sure where the $stage variable and the other config fields are suppose to be set, but in my system they are all null.

Thanks,

Chuck

It seems there is a problem writing to MySQL for some installations. QBI 2.10 is very old at this point - I am spending my time on the next commercial release, 3.79. I will have to consider what to do here.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

It seems there is a problem writing to MySQL for some installations. QBI 2.10 is very old at this point - I am spending my time on the next commercial release, 3.79. I will have to consider what to do here.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I ran some tests and it writes to the database just fine. The problem is the $stage variable and all the config variables are never getting set when the qbi_config.php program is recalled after pressing the Update button. Can you just let me know where these config variables are supposed to get set when the program restarts after pressing Update? I will try to debug it from there.

Thanks,

Chuck

So, I read this while running QBI 2.10. Everything peachy and nice. No problems at all except the problem of the users not having their name import into QBI due to the aforementioned issue. So, since my client would bitch and moan about it everytime we'd meet, "so anything about the names not importing?", I figured i would bite the bullet and upgrade his QBI with the impression that versions after 3.1 would have support for this. So, has anyone been able to get this problem fixed or at least have a work around thru PWA or QBI? While i am glad to support such a great contribution with my $$, i feel a bit duped... someone please make me feel better! thanks.

PWA (Purchase Without Account) support has been added to QBI 3.79.

Thanks,

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I have this contribution....this EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND TIME SAVING CONTRIBUTION......installed and working well. I have one small issue that I have yet to be able to correct.

I have loaded in my shipping methods and they show on the QBI match page. I can use the drop down list to select the proper matches - ground for ground, 2nd day air for 2nd day air, 3 day select for 3 day select, etc. BUT - only 3 day select, all overnight options, worldwide express work. Ground and 2nd Day air always resolve to "Method Not Set". They both show as properly matched in QBI, but they export as "Method Not Set"

I have tried:

*updating the shipping methods by iif import (I have created all new ones, I have changed the spelling of all of them, etc - but the ones that WILL match always match - ground and 2nd day always remain an issue)

*checking the database to make sure spelling matched exactly.

Neither method has worked and I have searched for an answer high and low and mulled over this for numerous hours....nothing.

All I have been successful in finding is writings of how to get it to work if it is not working at all.....just need to know how to get it to work properly if SOME of it is not working.

Help is appreciated!

Again awesome contribution!

I have this contribution....this EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND TIME SAVING CONTRIBUTION......installed and working well. I have one small issue that I have yet to be able to correct.

I have loaded in my shipping methods and they show on the QBI match page. I can use the drop down list to select the proper matches - ground for ground, 2nd day air for 2nd day air, 3 day select for 3 day select, etc. BUT - only 3 day select, all overnight options, worldwide express work. Ground and 2nd Day air always resolve to "Method Not Set". They both show as properly matched in QBI, but they export as "Method Not Set"

I have tried:

*updating the shipping methods by iif import (I have created all new ones, I have changed the spelling of all of them, etc - but the ones that WILL match always match - ground and 2nd day always remain an issue)

*checking the database to make sure spelling matched exactly.

Neither method has worked and I have searched for an answer high and low and mulled over this for numerous hours....nothing.

All I have been successful in finding is writings of how to get it to work if it is not working at all.....just need to know how to get it to work properly if SOME of it is not working.

Help is appreciated!

Again awesome contribution!

The text in the QBI shipping table must be contained in the entry ot_shipping in the orders table for a match to work.

- Adam

The text in the QBI shipping table must be contained in the entry ot_shipping in the orders table for a match to work.

- Adam

Thank you for the fast response.

I have checked this previously and it all seems to match. Possibly I am looking in the wrong place?

Do you mind writing me a quick "finding the need tables for dummies" so I ca be sure I have located and edied the correct info?

Thank you for the fast response.

I have checked this previously and it all seems to match. Possibly I am looking in the wrong place?

Do you mind writing me a quick "finding the need tables for dummies" so I ca be sure I have located and edied the correct info?

I think I know where it is located:

qbi_shiposc is the table

qbi_shiposc_serv_text is where the text is located

I change "UPS Ground" to "Ground"

I change "2nd Day Air Early AM" to "2nd Day Air"

I save these values and then go back to the qbi match page and hit the shipping tab. When I do this, the text entries in the database go back to "UPS Ground" and "2nd Day Air Early AM"

So, in short - I can change them, they seem successfully changed....but when I access the match page....they revert.

I am obviously doing something wrong.

I think I know where it is located:

qbi_shiposc is the table

qbi_shiposc_serv_text is where the text is located

I change "UPS Ground" to "Ground"

I change "2nd Day Air Early AM" to "2nd Day Air"

I save these values and then go back to the qbi match page and hit the shipping tab. When I do this, the text entries in the database go back to "UPS Ground" and "2nd Day Air Early AM"

So, in short - I can change them, they seem successfully changed....but when I access the match page....they revert.

I am obviously doing something wrong.

In qbi_shipmatch.php, comment out line 43 ship_methods();

This will disable the automatic shipping method detection and prevent your changes from being reverted.

- Adam

Adam, I noticed on the Zen forums you had a new release. It said something about supporting multiple attributes, this version does not seem to have that feature. Am i missing a newer version here? I am trying to reconcile my accounting and QBI wants to create some 14k products for 1600 products. Let me know if i am missing a newer version somewhere! Thank you for taking the time to write this.

-Chris W

Adam, I noticed on the Zen forums you had a new release. It said something about supporting multiple attributes, this version does not seem to have that feature. Am i missing a newer version here? I am trying to reconcile my accounting and QBI wants to create some 14k products for 1600 products. Let me know if i am missing a newer version somewhere! Thank you for taking the time to write this.

-Chris W

The latest free osC version is 2.10c I know this is very old. I probably will release some kind of new free osC version (with basic features) when 4.0 is released.

The latest free Zen Cart version is 3.21b. It will not work with osC.

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 2 months later...

Hello

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to update inventory with this mod? Not to concerned about updating orders - stock tracking is more important.

I would like to update my stock from Quickbooks 2008/9 to Oscommerce, but where to start?

I use Quantity Pro on OSC - lots of different attributes!

Any suggestions guys?

I have seen something called T-Hub - does anyone use this / recommend it?

http://www.atandra.com/Prod_THub.htm

Thanks

Edited by ssnb

hi there

are you planning on releasing it for AU users?

aoppreciate its a tricky one but saying it may work isnt very reassuring to take the time to install

althoiugh having said that how much time does it take?

and whats the difference between this version and the version you are selling on your site?

tghanks for your time

Kym