• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping by price except on certain products

Ensonix

We are using Free Shipping for orders above $99, but cannot figure out how to add shipping charge for the heavier items. Some of our items are 75lbs, and the cost of shipping is too much to swallow ourselves.

At the moment, we have free shipping over $99, and we have set it to be free shipping up to 16lbs total weight, but there is no shipping being charged on items above 16lbs when orders are run through the store.

Do I need to add another shipping module to cater for the items above 16lbs? Say we install the UPS module as well, will this only show up for orders above 16lbs?

Thanks

Ryan

btw i m condused.

u want to ship free if item weight is lower than 16 lbs or greater than 99 lbs?

u can always do this.

in shipping table rate module. use this if not using.

if 0 weight then ....

0:0.00, 17:25.00, 99:0.00, 99999999999:0.000

It's free shipping if the price is above $99, up to a maximum weight of 16lbs, above 16lbs we charge for shipping.

btw i m condused.

u want to ship free if item weight is lower than 16 lbs or greater than 99 lbs?

u can always do this.

in shipping table rate module. use this if not using.

• 3 weeks later...
now... i got it... i will write u the code but i need mroe info...

what if the weight is upto 16lbs and price is also above 99. u want a table rate shipping or what?

I was looking for exactly the same thing. If the price is above $99 and the weight is above 16lbs, then there will still be a shipping charge (in my case I'd like to use the UPS module). In psuedo code the whole system would be akin to the following. The idea is to offer free shipping for large orders, except in cases where extreme order weights would make it almost impossible to eat the shipping cost. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

if order_total>$99 AND order_weight<16lbs then

--free shipping

else

--calculate shipping from another shipping module (ie ups, table rate etc)

end