• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net not setting cc_type, etc in ORDERS

It seems that the authorize.net module is not setting the cc_type and other cc_ values that are stuffed into the ORDERS database.

Is this a known problem?

Is there a fix?

I looked at the cc.php code and it all looks the same...

It seems that the authorize.net module is not setting the cc_type and other cc_ values that are stuffed into the ORDERS database.

Is this a known problem?

Is there a fix?

I looked at the cc.php code and it all looks the same...

that's because it doesn't store the information in your database and furthermore you should read your agreement with authorizenet. They "prevent" you from storing this information.... if you get caught you could lose your merchant acct.

does that mean if you use Authorize.net, you can't store the credit card type (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx or Discover) in your order.php page? If you click on an order, you see the Order #, Order Date & Time & Payment Method.. Is it possible to have the CC Type appear under Payment Method?

does that mean if you use Authorize.net, you can't store the credit card type (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx or Discover) in your order.php page? If you click on an order, you see the Order #, Order Date & Time & Payment Method.. Is it possible to have the CC Type appear under Payment Method?

I think you should read your agreement with your authorizenet reseller. its not a technical limitation at all but last time I read their agreement (6+ months ago) they clearly tell you what you are allowed to store and what your are not allowed to store at your location.

why do you want to store the CC info?

if you do so, you need to clearly ask the customer and have them click on an agreement allowing you to store their cc #. you also need to read your agreement as Rodney has stated. if in the agreement it states you can not store them and you do, then you are submect to cancellation. is that worth it?

use the authorizenet with curl fix contribution

What is the curl fix?

I don't want or need to store the actual credit card number, just the type (visa, mastercard, amex or discover) on the order details page.. are you saying that that the authorizenet with curl fix contribution will allow me to do this?

thanks for your help..