• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Enable/Disable categories contribution

tlelliott77

as anyone got this running with Seperate Price Per Customer?

I'm still very much a novice and have just tried to install this contrib, however I'm a bit scared to touch catalog/index.php and catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php...

The lines that I'm having trouble with are:

[index.php]

// ################## Added Enable Disable Categorie #################

// $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id where c.categories_status = '1' and p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";

and the following 3 modifacations.

[new_products.php]

// ######################## Added Enable / Disable Categorie ################

// $new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where c.categories_status='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

// ######################## End Added Enable / Disable Categorie ################

and the following changes.

Has anyone successfully merged this with SPPC? Can you please please please let me know how you did it? Thanks!!!

~Barbara~

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I've installed this contrib, but I guess it doesn't work exactly as I thought it would/should. When I disable the category in admin, I expected to go to my front end catalog and find that the category would not show in the "categories" box. However, this isn't what's happening. I still see the category in the "categories" box, and when I click on the category I disabled, it says "there currently are no products within this category". Is this supposed to happen?

I changed my "categories" box code to the new "categories_query" used in "index.php", however this did not resolve my issue. Has anyone been able to figure if this is supposed to be happening or if I'm missing something?

Thanks for the help!

Chris B.

Never mind. I figured out for myself what I was doing. Since I'm using a loaded version of osC, I was changing the wrong categories php file. That solved everything. :blush:

Chris B.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using Master Products Contribution and I'm currently storing my hidden slave products in categories for housekeeping (some of the masters can have up to 300 slaves). The problem is of course, that these categories are viewable (even if the products aren't) -

Is this contribution for me?

Well I've installed it, and it seems to be running okay EXCEPT I can't add anything to the shopping cart through 'add to cart' when I click on that the page just reloads. Where is this located so I can have a look at it?

Well I've installed it, and it seems to be running okay EXCEPT I can't add anything to the shopping cart through 'add to cart' when I click on that the page just reloads. Where is this located so I can have a look at it?

So the error must be in application top right?

Now when I click on 'add to cart' I get to the shopping cart but nothing is added to it.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking for this error? It didn't occur until I installed this contrib (which I don't want to uninstall as it hides the categories perfectly)

So the error must be in application top right?

Now when I click on 'add to cart' I get to the shopping cart but nothing is added to it.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking for this error? It didn't occur until I installed this contrib (which I don't want to uninstall as it hides the categories perfectly)

Check your quantity is working - at one point I messed things up so nothing was being added to the cart because the quantity was 0. Just a thought

how do I do that?

post your product_info.php :-)

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

<?php

/*

$Id: product_info.php,v 1.97 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$product = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

$master = tep_get_products_master($product);

if ($master > 0) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $master));

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_auction_query = tep_db_query("select categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$auction_product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_auction_query);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<?php if ($auction_product_check['categories_id'] == '9999') {

?>

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=<?php echo FILENAME_AUCTION_PRODUCT_INFO . '?products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] ?>">

<?php

}

?>

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<!-- Master Products //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo '<form name="buy_now_" method="post" action="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_slave', 'NONSSL') . '">'; ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<?php

// Master Products EOF

if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {

?>

<tr>

<td><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND))); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

//Master Products

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.minorder, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_master_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//Master Products EOF

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

} else {

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';

} else {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

}

//Minimum quantity code

if (tep_not_null($product_info['minorder']) && MINIMUM_ORDERS == 'true') {

$products_name .= '<br><span class="smallText">Minimum order: ' . $product_info['minorder'] . '</span>';

}

//End: Minimum quantity code

$products_availability = $product_info['products_availability_id'];

$products_availability_info_query = tep_db_query("select e.products_availability_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_AVAILABILITY . " e where e.products_availability_id = '" . (int)$products_availability . "' and e.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$products_availability_info = tep_db_fetch_array($products_availability_info_query);

$products_availability_name = $products_availability_info['products_availability_name'];

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if (tep_not_null($products_availability_info['products_availability_name'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right" valign="top"></td>

<td class="main" align="right" valign="top"><b><?php echo TEXT_AVAILABILITY; ?></b>: <?php echo $products_availability_name; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- bof Product Special Expire Date -->

<?php

$special_exp_date = tep_get_products_special_expire($product_info['products_id']);

if (SPECIALS_LIST_EXP_DATE == 'true' && (($special_exp_date != '') && ($special_exp_date != '0000-00-00 00:00:00'))) { echo '

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="right" valign="top" colspan="2">

<span class="inputRequirement">Special expires ' . tep_date_long($special_exp_date) . ' </span>

</td>

</tr>

';}

?>

<!-- eof Product Special Expire Date -->

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main">

<?php

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) {

?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="right">

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText">

<script language="javascript"><!--

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script>

<noscript>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

</noscript>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>

<?php

$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);

if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {

?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {

$products_options_array = array();

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {

$products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

}

if (isset($cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']])) {

$selected_attribute = $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];

} else {

$selected_attribute = false;

}

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id_' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . '[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td> </tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table>

<?php

}

//Master Products

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

if ($product_info['products_price']>0) {

$qty_array = array();

for ($i=0; $n2 = (($product_info['products_quantity'] < 20) ? $product_info['products_quantity'] : 20), $i <= $n2; $i++) {

$qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);

}

?>

<tr>

<td align="right" class="main"><?php if ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0) {

echo TEXT_QUANTITY . '  ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id'], $qty_array) ;

} elseif ((STOCK_CHECK == 'false')&& ($product_info['products_quantity'] < 1)) {

$qty_array = array();

for ($i=0; $ns = 20, $i <= $ns; $i++) {

$qty_array[] = array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i);

}

echo TEXT_QUANTITY . '  ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('Qty_ProdId_' . $product_info['products_id'], $qty_array) ;

} else {

echo TEXT_STOCK;

}

echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '30', '10');

?>

</td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '20'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);

if ($reviews['count'] > 0) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

if ($product_info['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

$master_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_master = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . " '");

$results = tep_db_fetch_array($master_query);

if (($results['products_id'] != null) && ($product_info['products_master_status'] == 1)) { ?>

<tr>

<td align="left" class="main"> <?php echo TEXT_SLAVE_PRODUCTS; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_MASTER_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<?php if ($reviews['count'] > 0) { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php

}

?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td></form>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<?php

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

}

?>

</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- Master Products EOF //-->

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

looked ok on first glace. The MP was working before? Did you touch application_top.php when nstalling this one? Can I see a site link?

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

looked ok on first glace. The MP was working before? Did you touch application_top.php when nstalling this one? Can I see a site link?

never mind. thank you for your help. The problem doesn't seem to be with this contribution at all but with using MP with STS.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

first of all thankyou for great contribution.

i have problem with this contribution. When i disable main category everything is ok its disapear normaly from categories list. But if i disable subcategory its stays and dont want to disapear :]. i mean what stays only category title all products from that subcategor disapear. I think its a bug. Or its normal functionality of this contribution. Maybe someone could help me to fix this. Maybe someone knows how to make it working with Allprods.php all products with images ms2 contribution.

Thank you in advance for all support.

Edited by codex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, everyone.

First of all I think this a great cotribution and a very needed one. I was surprised that only one of this kind was available. Nevertheless, I installed it for my store and it seems I'm having a few problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Problem 1 (very minor): No green/red light is shown. I was under impression that it would be done by default, but it seems I have to add extra code for it.

Problem 2 (major): Each time I update a category that had a picture, regardless of the action that I take, picture for that category disappears. That is, I have to upload a picture for that category each time I make any changes. Please let me know how I could work this out.

Thanks.

Mike

Problem 1 (very minor): No green/red light is shown. I was under impression that it would be done by default, but it seems I have to add extra code for it.

check towards the bottom of your admin/categories file.

Monika

I tried to install The Enable/Disable Categories Contrib. Everything went fine as far as I could tell until the reload. All I had visable was the header and the 1st 2 boxes on the left. The rest was blank. The first 2 boxes we my Ebay auctions box and then my categories box with the Coolmenu as a contrib. I tried to restore the files with the backups and remove the one line that I added to the database (ALTER TABLE categories ADD categories_status TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;) But now all I have is jumbe from the Coolmenu and the following statement

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'where clause'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name from categories c, categories_description cd where parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_status = '1' and cd.language_id = '1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

I did a search through all the files to find anything pertaining to the categories_status, but found nothing. If I reinsert the SQL command it goes back to the blank screen with the header and 2 boxes. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The site this is concerning is http://www.speedcitymotors.com

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

only two pages on this forum for a much needed feature, checking before we dive in .

When we make all products in a subcategory inactive, the subcategory name and parent category names still show up in the category box. If we want to hide in catalog categories and children subcategories which contain inactive products,

1. Will this contribution do that ?

2. Is there another way to accomplish this without this contribution ?

3. Does this contribution coexist stably with EasyPopulate EP 2.79 , will EP require modifications ?

4. Are there any contributions reported to break with this contribution ?

• 1 month later...
only two pages on this forum for a much needed feature, checking before we dive in .

When we make all products in a subcategory inactive, the subcategory name and parent category names still show up in the category box. If we want to hide in catalog categories and children subcategories which contain inactive products,

1. Will this contribution do that ?

2. Is there another way to accomplish this without this contribution ?

3. Does this contribution coexist stably with EasyPopulate EP 2.79 , will EP require modifications ?

4. Are there any contributions reported to break with this contribution ?

Well I have a similar Q. I am using the manofacturers menu as my main menu, and using Enable & Disable Categories 1.6.1.2, still see the manufacturer name there when it is disabled. I could not get it a way also from the search manofacturer dropdown. Is there any solution to this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need to install this contrib - but cannot tell from all the bugfixes and corrections where the latest FULL VERSION is? Thanks -

I installed 1.6.1.2 and then added some changes.

However, I have a bit of an issue with it as it is.

When Installed, disabling a category made all the products within that category disabled. That wasn't what I wanted, so I modified it so that products in a disabled category now behave as if they were in Top: they are not visible, but you can buy them if you know the ID.

That's just what I wanted, but there seems to be a problem. Any product that is in two categories is now listed twice when you get a manufacturer listing. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
I tried to install The Enable/Disable Categories Contrib. Everything went fine as far as I could tell until the reload. All I had visable was the header and the 1st 2 boxes on the left. The rest was blank. The first 2 boxes we my Ebay auctions box and then my categories box with the Coolmenu as a contrib. I tried to restore the files with the backups and remove the one line that I added to the database (ALTER TABLE categories ADD categories_status TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;) But now all I have is jumbe from the Coolmenu and the following statement

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'where clause'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name from categories c, categories_description cd where parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_status = '1' and cd.language_id = '1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

I did a search through all the files to find anything pertaining to the categories_status, but found nothing. If I reinsert the SQL command it goes back to the blank screen with the header and 2 boxes. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The site this is concerning is http://www.speedcitymotors.com

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

I have exactly the same problem as you have... did you find a solution yet?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by Dynatech