Sign in to follow this  
reflex22

Deposit / Down Payment Module

Hello,

I'm really trying to find a module that allows a down payment to be made at checkout. For example, if the total checkout amount is $1000, I would like to be able to say that there's a 30% minimum down payment (the user has to pay $300 minimum, or up to the total amount). Later on, upon pickup or cash on delivery, the admin should be able to go into the user's account and say that the difference owed was received.

So basically its a down payment module that works with a cash-on-deposit/pickup.

I didn't find any such payment modules, but are their any that offer any type of deposit to be made ??

Thanks in advance,

David

I am looking for this same thing, now.

I can modify the customer's info, with the informations contribs I've used. Does anyone have a suggestion for maybe a discount price module that would be convertable into a deposit price display?

psst... wanna buy a wand?

I am looking for this same thing, now.

I can modify the customer's info, with the informations contribs I've used. Does anyone have a suggestion for maybe a discount price module that would be convertable into a deposit price display?

I am looking for the same module too. I have included ePN {eProcessingNetwork} payment module. Can anyone help me in collecting part payment and record the balance to be paid / collected thru OSCommerce payment module ePN at later date?

Please help.

Thank you

SHK

With so many of us looking for the same thing, you would think that some one would be able to write a Deposit/Down Payment Contribution.

I have seen many hack attempt suggestions and there are reports that some of the hacks work - HOWEVER - I have yet to see the actual code to make the Deposit/Down Payment work.

A Contribution would be grrrrrrrrreat.

Infomation from someone who has hacked the code and made Deposit work would be super.

There is one- the gentleman who created it wants $80.00 to install it. He will not share the mod.

I wouldn't mind, it would be worth the money, but-

i am so tired of the gludgy nature of the current osCommerce build (as I now understand) and its attendant security issues, etc- I am looking at another freesource cart. :(

psst... wanna buy a wand?