• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Batch print orders with original invoice ...

gregy

Hi!

I have modified invoice to suit our company needs, and now i was looking for any batch print contribution .. with original invoice .. they are all exported to PDF .. with new templates .. i was modifying mine for whole afternoon ...

in short ... Batch Print with original invoices .. :thumbsup:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well of course there are things you can do with pdf files that you can't as yet do in html/css but give it another year or two and maybe this will be possible. In the meantime try the contribution called: Optiprint

If it doesn't work then I'm afraid you'll have to spend another afternoon converting it to pdf :-)

Edited by radders

You can (quite easyly) create a page with all invoices to be printed inside frames. It's just a couple of lines to add to orders.php and a very simple frames page.

That way you can print all orders you see at orders.php (so it's possible to select by status for example). To make it possible to select each invoice separately would take a little more, but shouldn't be to difficult either.

I'm currently using the simple (no individual selection, only groups) version myself, I'll post the code if you like.

Opera, Mozilla and even IE, all support to print all frames on separate pages.

Edited by PandA.nl

Hi Gregor,

I decided to make it a real contribution after all.

See:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2735

I remember now, I added some CSS styles to my orders.php to make the menu look better, but I forgot to include any styles to the contrib so it won't look vey nice as it is.

Please tell me how it works out for you, my orders.php is very heavyly modded, so I might have made mistakes in the description.

Hi Panda,

Sounds interesting!

Have you thought of integrating it with Chemo's

Quick Ship Contribuition that select's orders and updates the order status?

If you could get it to work then you'd have a simple way of selecting the orders to print (and you could give people the option to update the status of the order all in one).

Hi David!

Sounds interesting! 

Have you thought of integrating it with Chemo's

Quick Ship Contribuition that  select's orders and updates the order status?

No, I didn't even know about this contribution until now.

It should be very easy to integrate I think, because my little contribution is just a couple of lines of simple coding. The printing page accepts an array of ordernumbers (and the filename to pass it to, currently invoice or packing_slip) and then simply creates one frame for each invoice (so actually it's just a list of links to invoice.php).

That's all.

Batch status updating isn't usefull for me at the moment, so I don't think I will integrate it, but if you or anyone else is interested please use the code/idea in whatever way you like :)

(but maybe you better hurry, or else it may be patented by someone soon :rolleyes: )

Edited by PandA.nl

Hi David!

No, I didn't even know about this contribution until now.

It should be very easy to integrate I think, because my little contribution is just a couple of lines of simple coding.  The printing page accepts an array of ordernumbers (and the filename to pass it to, currently  invoice or packing_slip) and then simply creates one frame for each invoice (so actually it's just a list of links to invoice.php).

That's all.

Batch status updating isn't usefull for me at the moment, so I don't think I will integrate it, but if you or anyone else is interested please use the code/idea in whatever way you like :)

(but maybe you better hurry, or else it may be patented by someone soon :rolleyes: )

thank you very much for this contribution .. works well ..

when you finished your TODO

Todo:

1) create an array of (default selected) select boxes inside orders.php to make it possible to exclude some invoices from printing if needed

then we have everything :thumbsup:

thank you very much for this contribution .. works well ..

thanks for the feedback, I hope to find some time (or even better someone else's :) ) for the checkboxes soon

Edited by PandA.nl

Hi gregy,

then we have everything  :thumbsup:

I had some spare time today and I decided to give it a go. And guess what? It already works B)

So now, using version 1.1, it's also possible to (un)select individual invoices if needed! (the basic selection is done by order status using your regular orders page).

At the moment the selectboxes are added as a list below the orders table, maybe the selectboxes will be moved to the orders table itself someday. But the priority for this is quite low to me, because I won't use the individual selection myself that often anyway.

same download location for batch printing 1.1: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2735

Edited by PandA.nl

Can anyone please give me some idea as to why I'm receiving the following error:

Warning: main(BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/7/d114718265/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 209

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/7/d114718265/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 209

The url's: http://www.healthandholistics.com/catalog/...batch_print.php

Any idea would be gratefully accepted...

Warning: main(BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/7/d114718265/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 209

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/7/d114718265/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 209

:huh:

1) radders is right of course

2) Isn't there a support thread for the contribution you're asking about? I hoped we could reserve this one for the batch-invoice-printing contribution. (or should I setup a seperate support thread after all?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed batch-invoice-printing-v1.1 but when I select the invoices and click confirm he opens a new widown with the following text:

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong ?

Thx,

Hans

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I have installed batch-invoice-printing-v1.1 but when I select the invoices and click confirm he opens a new widown with the following text:

Can someone tell me what I did wrong ?

Thx,

Hans

I've just installed this and I'm receiving the same message - also receiving it on the Kelkoo contribution. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Sorry,

didn't get any notifications

:huh:

No idea. Since two of you have it, I guess it's something that you have in common (PHP version or settings? or same host?), especially since you also have the same problem with another contribution. Of course it might also be a good idea to do what the message says: Please contact your Web Administrator

I send already a mail to the contributer of this but no answer.
Are you sure you mailed to the right address? May be it was accidently deleted or something but I haven't seen your mail. Edited by PandA.nl

:'(

Ok, anyone who gets this message:

I'm 99.9% sure it has nothing todo with the batch-invoice-printing contribution. I think you're all using one of the loaded versions or added one of the admin access contributions to the osC script. In stead of just asking, it might be a good idea to search the forums and/or compare what you have in common (like what osC version and what other admin contri's you added).

Edited by PandA.nl

Your previous post mentioned to contact our Web Adminstrator. Well I am my Web administrator. I assumed that this was the place to post as we are discussing the contribution here.

I am running the CRE loaded version and there is so much stuff in it, it could be anything causing the conflict. Plus we are customizing the orders.php a lot too. I thought there might be an easy fix having to do with the permissions.

If the others have any idea what we have in common and what the conflict is, please let the rest of us in on it.

Thank you for your help!

Don't know why I'm doing this but I'm switching to hold hands mode:

1) did a quick search using google (for the above mentioned error message): concluded it's a typical osC (and relatives) problem (so nothing todo with host or php prob)

2) searched a little deeper and read some posts: found it's very likely that it has something todo with admin access contribution

3) searched the osC contri's (for admin access): found a contri called Admin Account with Access Level That happens to have a language file which contains:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Access Denied');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'No Right Permission Access');
define('TEXT_MAIN', ' Please contact your <b>Web Administrator</b> to request <br> more access or if you found any problem.<br> ');
define('TEXT_BACK', 'back');

BINGO!

end hold hands mode