• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need only to charge shipping for special shipping.

Hello,

I can not seem to find a shipping mod that will allow OSC to not show shipping costs at all (we absorb shipping costs) UNLESS the customer wants to have some sort of specialized shipping such as 2-Day Delivery or Next Day Delivery, etc.

Is there any existing mod that does this or would do this for me? I continue to look for and thru tons of great mods. However, some of you may be experienced enough with existing shipping mods that may be able to provide my above needs or able to deliver in a similar way.

Any constructive suggestions? Thanks a bunch.

:thumbsup:

Ditto on this ..

I'd like to offer FREE SHIPPING ... and I've enabled it ... but I also want to have other Shipping Options available (like Priority Mail) if they choose to have it shipped faster, and want to pay for it.

Thanks!

FRED

Hello,

I can not seem to find a shipping mod that will allow OSC to not show shipping costs at all (we absorb shipping costs) UNLESS the customer wants to have some sort of specialized shipping such as 2-Day Delivery or Next Day Delivery, etc.

Is there any existing mod that does this or would do this for me? I continue to look for and thru tons of great mods. However, some of you may be experienced enough with existing shipping mods that may be able to provide my above needs or able to deliver in a similar way.

• 2 months later...
Ditto on this ..

I'd like to offer FREE SHIPPING ... and I've enabled it ... but I also want to have other Shipping Options available (like Priority Mail) if they choose to have it shipped faster, and want to pay for it.

Thanks!

FRED

Ditto Ditto.

Already have the Free Shipping mod installed. But when it's free shipping, the customer can't choose any other shipping options. I would like for the customer to change their shipping options to whatever they prefer, even though it will be free shipping.

I too would like to be able to offer free shipping on orders over 50.00 and S7H on orders 15 miles or more more. Free Shipping if within a 15 mile radius. I am using only the COD methed for payment.

How can I achieve this?

Hello,

Hi All,

Add one more Ditto to this request!!!!

What I am looking for is to make UPS Ground shipping free and the rest (next day air etc) payable by the customer.

I have tried Free Shipping and looked at the code in checkout_shipping.php where it seems to say that all enabled modules will be displayed - I have not been able to figure this out.

The other alternative I am thinking is within the ups code, looking for ground rates and making the rate zero. I am not sure if this will work also!

Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

TIA

G

OK, an update!

I went into include/modules/shipping/ups.php (I am using UPS Choice 1.8 on MS2.2).

In the function quote , after the upsQuote return section

I added a line to check if type was GND then cost = 0

This does show up in the checkout screen (checkout_shipping.php) as the UPS Ground option after all the others (next day air, 2nd day air etc.) sorted from highest cost to lowest cost, with a value (or cost of) $0.00.

The only problem I seem to have now is that the Radio Button is NOT set to this lowest cost option but the one above it! Meaning, the default shipping option selected is NOT Ground (which is free) but 2ND Day Air which is not the Lowest.

Any ideas as to how to make the default button be on the lowest cost option, namely UPS Ground??

Thanks

G

OK, an update!

I went into include/modules/shipping/ups.php (I am using UPS Choice 1.8 on MS2.2).

In the function quote , after the upsQuote return section

I added a line to check if type was GND then cost = 0

This does show up in the checkout screen (checkout_shipping.php) as the UPS Ground option after all the others (next day air, 2nd day air etc.) sorted from highest cost to lowest cost, with a value (or cost of) $0.00.

The only problem I seem to have now is that the Radio Button is NOT set to this lowest cost option but the one above it! Meaning, the default shipping option selected is NOT Ground (which is free) but 2ND Day Air which is not the Lowest.

Any ideas as to how to make the default button be on the lowest cost option, namely UPS Ground??

Thanks

G

Wouldn't this just give you free shipping no matter what the total amount is?

Wouldn't this just give you free shipping no matter what the total amount is?

B,

Yes - my client wants to give UPS Ground Free regardless of the order amount. Their products normally won't be ordered in huge quantities so they are willing to take the hit!

If I can get the Radio button to default to the UPS Ground ($0.00) my job is done!!!

Any ideas, any one?

Thanks

G

Thanks kingbono!

This also gives Free Shipping over an order amount only.

What I need is Free Ground Shipping regardless of order amount and additional choices for expedited shipping.

The logic in checkout_shipping.php does one or the other - either it shows Free Shipping (over a given order total) or the other modules but NOT both!!!

If someone can look at the code where it chooses between Free Shipping and other modules and tell me where to make the change it would help!

Even otherwise I would like to know why the radio button does not go to the zero dollar value!

Thanks

G

Quick update for all - I modified shipping.php (class file) based on other postings I saw in here to check for GND (UPS Ground type) in the

function that finds the cheapest.

- I changed the logic to check if GND then the rate at that point will be the cheapest.

- At this point, the UPS.PHP has returned the array of quotes with a zero dollar value (that I had set in UPS.PHP based on type = GND).

- To my surprise, the end result was that the checkput page was now showing the radio button for the highest rate as selected!!!!! It was also showing UPS Ground as $0.00!!!

Can any one who knows the logic in shipping.php advise me? I think the change needs to be made in shipping.php to select the cheapest rate and mark it as cheapest so that the display logic can select the correct place to put the readio button.

Please help! I think this will help others also!

Even if we can figure out why a $0.00 rate returned by UPS.PHP is not being selected as cheapest it will be a major breakthrough!!!

TIA

G

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Update on my situation - I fixed my problem by

(a) enabling options other than GND in UPS

(B) following an advice and installing Flat Rate, renaming it UPS Ground and making its value zero!

Everything shows up - UPS Ground shows as a separate heading (because it is actually Flat Rate module!) and as its value is zero, the radio button is on by default!

Thanks all!

G