• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Batch Print Center (support thread)

blurb

This is a great contribution however I am unable to get it to render japanese text to the PDF. Is there any solution to this that anyone can think of?

I would guess it maybe because the fonts used within batch print don't contain japanese characters.

If you look in the temp_pdf folder there are font metrics, Im guessing here when i say you may need different ones to do other languages like japanese

cheers

shaun

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply, its very kind.

I have been trying to install Japanese AFM font metrics all day and I can't get it to work i am using several japanese fonts which i have converted to AFM and i am getting シ」 coming up instead of japanese and sometimes an error "BBOX"

it would be so great if i knew what was going wrong, i have searched for an answer for a while...

• 1 month later...
I get this error, just installed Batch print order 3.1:

Warning: main(BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.rambunctious/stardog/stardogshop/admin/batch_print.php on line 140

Warning: main(BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.rambunctious/stardog/stardogshop/admin/batch_print.php on line 140

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.rambunctious/stardog/stardogshop/admin/batch_print.php on line 140

Anybody who knws the solution for this?

Thanx in advance,

Matt

Hey everyone!

I do have the same error and I can?t figure out what the problem is...

batch_print_header.php is located under catalog/admin/includes/modules/batch_print/

That seems to be right, isn?t it?

Sidemark: I?m using a german language pack so I modified german.php instead of english.php..

Thank you for your help!

Hi again!

Shaun was so nice to send me the hint that the problem was language related..

SOLUTION FOR BUG: Warning: main(BATCH_PRINT_INCbatch_print_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.rambunctious/stardog/stardogshop/admin/batch_print.php on line 140:

Just copy the batch_print.php from your catalog\admin\includes\languages\english folder to your langugage directory (for me it was german on the same level as english).

Maybe this is going to be fixed in one of the next versionen of Batch print...

Have a nice day everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the latest of this cont. and I can not get the date funtion to work. I am not a php expert but I noticed this in the batch_print.php under admin.

($HTTP_POST_VARS['startdate'])) { message_handler(); }

I was wondering if "startdate" should be in the orders table in database.

I looked in database and the only dates that I see are

"last_modified"

"date_purchased"

"orders_date_finished"

I can enter by order number but would be better for us if we could use the date function.

Thanks

I was wondering if "startdate" should be in the orders table in database.

Startdate value comes from the form as does enddate.

So no they should not be in the database as they are filled in by you

when using the date functions.

As for the date stuff not working. When i wrote batch print center the date

functions worked fine for me. Infact they still work fine but on advice of others

a newer date function was added.

I would try using the date function out of the first contrib. So download the

first release nad if that works we can make a version to get around this issue.

cheers

shaun

Program Message:

There were no orders selected for export, try changing your order options.

where do i find the date format i am using in osc?

I do know that on the customers -->orders the date shows up as mm/dd/yyyy

such as 12/04/2005 00:00:00.

thanks

Not sure where you look for date format in osc, but i did change mine.

However if you are running pretty much a standard install it most probably won't be your date format in osc but maybe the date format in my code.

When you enter dates are you entering them by hand by typing them in or are you using the spiffycal entry method ?

When you enter dates try entering them the other ways.

so try yyyy/mm/dd mm/dd/yyyy etc etc and see if any work.

Also try dates like 1/1/2005 thru to 1/1/2006.

cheers

shaun

I have tried to enter dates manually and using spiffy cal. have tried to use - as well as / in date.

I have switched the dates around like mm-dd-yyyy and yyyy-mm-dd

I am not sure what to try next.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am attempting to print to Avery 8160 sticky labels. I've adjusted the Labels template. It looks perfect on screen, but when I go to print it off Acrobat is adjusting it and left and right columns are being moved towards the center and out of alignment.

I have attempted to change print settings to "no adjustments", "fit to page", etc. Nothing works. I find it impossible to print from PDF to 8160 labels.

Has anyone else had this problem? How do you fix it?

Edited by zelf

This may not help but I bought a Dymo label printer. Mainly becuase I just print the odd half dozen labels at a time (all different) and didn't want the hassle of partially used sheets of labels. I'm also having problems with Acrobat reader because since they introduced caching in a recent release, I have to print from another program immediately before printing from Acrobat or else it prints in a strange unreadable character set.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Batch Print Center for a short time and Batch Order Center for a couple years prior to upgrading. On Jan. 8th, my date picker stopped working. No matter how many times I try, it returns "There were no orders selected for export, try changing your order options." I'm at a loss to determine what caused the problem.

I did 2 things that day before attempting to use the picker that day. I updated Windows XP and I upgraded Quickbooks. I have determined that the form does not work on other computers that I did not upgrade including one running Windows 2000 and no Quickbooks installed.

My server was planning to upgrade PHP and mysql but I do not know the exact date that occured. I am starting to think the problem must be related to compatability with one of these 2 programs.

In fact, I just found this to support the idea PHP 4.4.1 Build Date Jan 8 2006 10:12:14. That is almost exactly the time my date picker stopped working!

I am running Mysql 4.1.14-standard

Any ideas on how I can idently and resolve this error?

I have been using Batch Print Center for a short time and Batch Order Center for a couple years prior to upgrading. On Jan. 8th, my date picker stopped working. No matter how many times I try, it returns "There were no orders selected for export, try changing your order options." I'm at a loss to determine what caused the problem.

Any ideas on how I can idently and resolve this error?

Some people in this forum have reported similar issues ..

My first release worked fine for me but not for others..

It maybe related to the php version but whatever is the issue you may

find the answer in this forum if you look for messages decribing the date function fix.

There is also a release of batch print center (Travis Wizniuk version) which has different

date function to my original. So if you have his version use mine, if you have mine try using his.

One of the versions should work for you.

cheers

shaun

Edited by blurb

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for such a great contribution! What a time saver.

I am currently making modifications to the invoice.php file and have a small problem.....My delivery information seems to be too much text and it is carrying right accross and into my order total text.

At the moment the text says

AusPOST Express Post Parcel (Delivery to 2148 - 1 business days Estimated Delivery Time from shipped date*<br>1 boxes

it then dissapears of the right side of the page. Notice how it has the html <br> but its not going onto a next line...........I suspect its because of the PDF but I'm not a coder so my apologies

So i guess my question is How can i put a gutter so it doesn't run over the other text and how do i get the text to drop down into a new line.

If anyone can help i would be extremely appreciative.

Jodes

Hi,

I am currently making modifications to the invoice.php file and have a small problem.....My delivery information seems to be too much text and it is carrying right accross and into my order total text.

AusPOST Express Post Parcel (Delivery to 2148 - 1 business days Estimated Delivery Time from shipped date*<br>1 boxes

it then dissapears of the right side of the page. Notice how it has the html <br> but its not going onto a next line...........I suspect its because of the PDF but I'm not a coder so my apologies

So i guess my question is How can i put a gutter so it doesn't run over the other text and how do i get the text to drop down into a new line.

Jodes

Bump...anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed Batch Print Center to print mailing labels.

I have a solution to the "missing first label on each page" problem. It is caused by batchprint.php pulling an order from the array for the page and then calling the label.php template which then pulls an order from the array for each label on that page. So the one originally pulled for the page by batchprint.php goes missing.

I have a hack that solves this but do not intend to post it in its current state because it is very hacky and may well interfere with the behaviour of other templates. I'm happy to email the files to people on request.

There is a bug in the original too which can lead to a lot of labels not being printed and lots of blank pages appearing in the pdf. This is particularly noticable (and possibly only occurs) if you have only one column of labels per page. It is due to a bug in the code dealing with starting positions in the labels template. My hurried solution is to remove the offending code and always have printing starting at the top-left label.

(Actually, my label sheets have two columns of labels but I want to have two labels with each address - one for the package and one for the "post book" records - so I treat a row of 2 labels as a single label and write the address on it twice. Again, if anybody wants a copy of my scrappy code, they have only to ask.)

Toby

Some people in this forum have reported similar issues ..

My first release worked fine for me but not for others..

It maybe related to the php version but whatever is the issue you may

find the answer in this forum if you look for messages decribing the date function fix.

There is also a release of batch print center (Travis Wizniuk version) which has different

date function to my original. So if you have his version use mine, if you have mine try using his.

One of the versions should work for you.

cheers

shaun

I believe that this is an issue with the version of mysql we just upgraded mysql 4.1 and this stopped working for us. I am looking at the sql statement but I can not figure out why it does not work.

-Erik

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

I'm having serious problems with this module. I installed it primarily for printing labels, but I keep getting popup errors and blank pages. Also, just like the others, I cant get the date feature to work.

It does print sometimes, but only if I put in an order number range (i.e. 3 - 25) and even then, it seems very arbitrary when it does print.

When I click on the link to pull up the pdf file, I get popup error messages. Here are some of the errors I'm getting:

"An unrecognized token 'City,' was found."

"There was a problem reading this document (114)."

"An unrecognized token 'ETT' was found."

"An unrecognized token 'F2' was found."

"A drawing error occurred."

Does anyone have any idea what these errors mean?

Corinne :(

Hi,

Jodes

Is there some sort of PDF code manual that anyone knows off so I can try an fix this?........Shaun - If you're out there....HEEEEELLLLPP (pretty please).