• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

receiving paypal payment but orders not logged

Hi everyone,

I have a live store which has been going for about two weeks now...

Anyway, the other night I received a payment through paypal (I only accept paypal as a payment module), but I did not receive my order email...

I thought this was weird, so I went to customers>orders and the order was not there...

I then went to customers > customers to check the details of the person who ordered the goods, and their account was there but it says :

Last modified :

Last logon:

Number of logons: 0

So, I thought this was a fluke and emailed the customer to ask exactly what items they had ordered, and that was all cleared up.

now it has happened again! a customer has placed an order, and I have received their payment through paypal, but the order has not been logged and I didn't recieve confirmation sales email.

This does not happen all the time, many orders have gone through without a problem, and have been logged as they should do.

Can somebody please help, as I can't keep track of my stock if this keeps happening...

Is it possibly something to do with the paypal payment process? EG if they press back or close the window or something, could this happen? I am confussed!

Thank you so much in advance

Kitty :)

it has just happened with another order,

If somebody has any ideas I would appricate any help

Thanks,

Kitty

Hello!

I just had the same problem with my store. On one of the other support sites, maybe the main one on netfirms.com(type in paypal in the search) it says that you need to log into your paypal account and select Auto Return under web site payment options. Then you need to add a return url so the customer is automatically returned to your store.

If the customer does not go back to the store, the sale is not recorded in the store.

I need to find out how to add a download link to the customer account that purchased my download product. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

PDR

Hello!

I just had the same problem with my store.  On one of the other support sites, maybe the main one on netfirms.com(type in paypal in the search) it says that you need to log into your paypal account and select Auto Return under web site payment options. Then you need to add a return url so the customer is automatically returned to your store. 

If the customer does not go back to the store, the sale is not recorded in the store.

I need to find out  how to add a download link to the customer account that purchased my download product.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

PDR

Hi pdr

I installed the Downloads Controller contribution, but had this problem with the latest Paypal IPN module. I made a posting on this issue, but have not yet had a reply and have not solved the issue yet.

my posting

Barry