• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One quick and simple paypal question

No, customers do not have to sign up for a Paypal account any more.

There is an option in your Paypal configuration (paypal.com not the oscommerce config) to allow quick checkout.

Thanks to those who replied.

I spoke to Paypal and they said:

"I am very sorry, but at this time this feature is not available outside

of the United States."

I dont kow why this is but it really sucks. I suspect people are losing a fair bit of business when their customers cannot be bothered signing up to paypal to make a payment.

I'm going to contact paypal again to see if there are any plans to to make this a non-USA specific feature.

I'll keep you all posted on this thread.

Regards,

Fish

Hi,

I phoned Paypal UK today and they said that within the next week or so, they'll be introducing a system called 'wax or wacks' (i'm sure thats what she said, was a quiet line). It will allow your customers to go straight to a page where enter their credit card details etc all in one simple page and dont have to sign up for a Paypal account.

Cheers,

Fish

Hi,

I phoned Paypal UK today and they said that within the next week or so, they'll be introducing a system called 'wax or wacks' (i'm sure thats what she said, was a quiet line). It will allow your customers to go straight to a page where enter their credit card details etc all in one simple page and dont have to sign up for a Paypal account.

Cheers,

Fish

Yeah, I have been following this quite closely for a while. As someone else said, this is only available to US based companies. Sux.

I am interested to know if there are ANY UK based oscommerce users who use PayPal????

• 3 weeks later...

This maybe off this topic, but in desperation. Can anyone give me an example of a "digest key"? I have no idea of what it is supposed to look like.

Thanks