• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Engine Question

ozEworks

My site is called www.sequinflowers.com.

Its seems that the metatags are set up fine. The words "Sequin flowers" are all over the place on the site.

If I do a google on "Sequin Flowers" I don't turn up in 6+pages. References to me do but not my site. This is not a common search so why on earth does so much cr*p rank ahead of me on this one?

:blush:

Google has you indexed at poition 63 through http://www.webmomz.com/webmomz-dir-category-shopping.shtml. I suppose that is some paid directory? You only have one page listed though so it is no wonder that you don't see your site anywhere else. How long have you been open? Work on increasing your backlinks and give the SE's time to find you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes that particular one is a paid one of sorts. I am a member of that organisation.

I am in the process of exchaing links - very slow.

The site has been up for yonks. I installed some meta tags contributions. I think the category one and another. Have to double check.

What do you mean only one page listed?

Google has you indexed at poition 63 through http://www.webmomz.com/webmomz-dir-category-shopping.shtml.  I suppose that is some paid directory?  You only have one page listed though so it is no wonder that you don't see your site anywhere else.  How long have you been open?  Work on increasing your backlinks and give the SE's time to find you.

Jack

Your site is made up of any number of pages. Currently google only has one of them recorded in their database. Eventually, they will have all of yur pages listed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, that's your answer. osCommerce default install does not have meta tags for Keywords and Description, nor Copyright etc. Basically, it only has one meta tag, and that's this one

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

And that won't do anything for Search Engine Rankings!

As you have only added the meta tags contribution just 6 weeks ago - you should consider your attempt to get listed to have only started 6 weeks ago.

Vger

The site has been up for a year.  I would have thought more pages would have been indexed by now.  I only added the meta-tags contributions about 6 weeks ago.  :unsure:

Archived