• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgent Help Needed with ePDQ Payments

rickhudson

Hi guys

I have tried installing the ePDQ module on this site

http://www.iwantthispaint.com/catalog

Everything works well, only on the last screen before I am suppose to be taken to the secure server, there is no continue button at all!!!!!!!!

I tried another payment gateway, Paypal and that one worked fine, I followed the instructions to the letter and changed all the necessary variables in ePDQ.php and complete.php and I have been to the CPI Administration tool, but it is not working :(

Is it because of Curl?

OK, thanks, any help very grateful,

harshy

Edited by harshy

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ePDQ guru (Johan) is off for a week or two I believe.

The ePDQ module (and osCommerce) do not use CURl so that cannot be the problem.

If there is no continue button, have a look and see if there is anything after where it would be on the screen.

One thing that happens a lot with PHP is that if a script fails due to a typo or compilation error, you don't see anything on the screen - no error reports or anything. Looking at my version of checkout_confirmation.php I can see there are calls to the payent_modules class just before the line which displays the button.

I would suggest rechecking all the modifications you have done to the files - it's so easy to miss a semi-colon or a closing brace (done it myself a million times) and without any error messages it can be hard to track down.

If you can't see anything, replace all the files you changed to install the ePQD module (saving copies of the modified ones) and trying again.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi guys

I have tried installing the ePDQ module on this site

http://www.iwantthispaint.com/catalog

Everything works well, only on the last screen before I am suppose to be taken to the secure server, there is no continue button at all!!!!!!!!

I tried another payment gateway, Paypal and that one worked fine, I followed the instructions to the letter and changed all the necessary variables in ePDQ.php and complete.php and I have been to the CPI Administration tool, but it is not working :(

Is it because of Curl?

OK, thanks, any help very grateful,

harshy

The ePDQ guru (Johan) is off for a week or two I believe.

The ePDQ module (and osCommerce) do not use CURl so that cannot be the problem.

If there is no continue button, have a look and see if there is anything after where it would be on the screen.

One thing that happens a lot with PHP is that if a script fails due to a typo or compilation error, you don't see anything on the screen - no error reports or anything. Looking at my version of checkout_confirmation.php I can see there are calls to the payent_modules class just before the line which displays the button.

I would suggest rechecking all the modifications you have done to the files - it's so easy to miss a semi-colon or a closing brace (done it myself a million times) and without any error messages it can be hard to track down.

If you can't see anything, replace all the files you changed to install the ePQD module (saving copies of the modified ones) and trying again.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi there,

I found out there is some compatibility issue with the new server, because I have done the same thing on our old server and ePDQ works fine here

http://www.eco-balls.co.uk/catalog

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

I found out there is some compatibility issue with the new server, because I have done the same thing on our old server and ePDQ works fine here

http://www.eco-balls.co.uk/catalog

Hi there I have one minor problem, the ePDQ works fine however instead of going to epdq_success.php it's going straight back to the shopping cart, I checked the return URL and it should go to epdq_success.php but it dosen't,can anyone please help.

My shop URL is http://www.iwantthatpaint.co.uk/catalog/

OK, thanks,

harshy

Edited by harshy

First off, I'll attend to my PMs shortly.

The updated ePDQ contrib is nearly done and will be shared soon. I just need a couple more real transactions to consider it stable.

Harshy,

epdq_success does nothing but checking the status and then decides to redirect back to the basket in case of a Declined, or forward to epdq_process in case of a Success.

Read the code in that file and double check it should have indeed gone back to the basket (your table epdq_transactions for that order probably shows something else than Success).

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

Hi,

I've one back through this thread, but still think I'm missing something fundamental.

I've tried hard to find the answer as I know I'm going to sound really dim by asking:

In the Read Me it says;

## The instructions below of my predecessors are not entirely accurate anymore.

## As far as files are concerned, where they say ePDQ needs to be placed...etc.

## I've already done that for you so this zip has the correct locations already.

## Put the files where they belong and follow the old instruction re SQL and admin etc.

Where do the files belong?

and

Add the following new line to your catalog\catalog\includes\filenames.php

I can't find this string anywhere..

I'm sorry to ask such basic questions after you've come so far, but I'd really appreciate

your help.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Jon

First off, I'll attend to my PMs shortly.

The updated ePDQ contrib is nearly done and will be shared soon. I just need a couple more real transactions to consider it stable.

Harshy,

epdq_success does nothing but checking the status and then decides to redirect back to the basket in case of a Declined, or forward to epdq_process in case of a Success.

Read the code in that file and double check it should have indeed gone back to the basket (your table epdq_transactions for that order probably shows something else than Success).

I just checked the table, the two orders which I tested were sucessful!

But it dosen't redirect to epdq_success.php even though I have set that as the return path!

I wonder which file does the redirect, is it one of the checkout files?

OK, thanks,

harshy

Harshy,

The actual redirect path is set in includes/modules/payment/ePDQ.php about 3 quarters down where the logo and font colours are set as well. See there, it should be set to epdq_success.php which on its turn decided to redirect to the basket or the checkout_process. Double check that's all as described.

Jon,

In the filenames.php it probably refers to needing the epdq_success.php defined. Check if that is in that filenames.php file, otherwise add it just like the other entries.

The files belong in the folders how they come zipped. Some in /catalog some in /catalog/includes/modules/payment, some in the language folder etc. The way they are layed out in the zup file, that's how they should go to your site.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

Harshy,

The actual redirect path is set in includes/modules/payment/ePDQ.php about 3 quarters down where the logo and font colours are set as well. See there, it should be set to epdq_success.php which on its turn decided to redirect to the basket or the checkout_process. Double check that's all as described.

Jon,

In the filenames.php it probably refers to needing the epdq_success.php defined. Check if that is in that filenames.php file, otherwise add it just like the other entries.

The files belong in the folders how they come zipped. Some in /catalog some in /catalog/includes/modules/payment, some in the language folder etc. The way they are layed out in the zup file, that's how they should go to your site.

Hi there

Everything is as is, it's redirecting to epdq_success.php, one of my transactions failed(weird since it said success!) and went to shopping_cart.php, I presume that's represented by this line

epdq_success.php

// If we get to here, something's failed so just redirect to the cart page

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'err='.$err));

I did another transaction which was successful, but I ended up on checkout_payment.php

now in the includes/modules/payment/epdq.php file, the returnURL is set to the right place

tep_draw_hidden_field('returnurl', 'http://www.iwantthatpaint.co.uk/catalog/epdq_success.php') . "\n" .

Which then lead me back to the epdq_success.php file

now I presume this code in epdq_success.php should redirect to checkout_process.php

// We don't want or need to keep successes

$selstr = "DELETE FROM epdq_transactions WHERE oid='$epdq_oid'";

$check_query = tep_db_query($selstr);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS));

exit;

}

but for some reason it's going to checkout_payment.php :o

I checked catalog/includes/filenames.php in that I have put the lines

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_payment.php');

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'checkout_process.php');

define('FILENAME_EPDQ_SUCCESS', 'epdq_success.php');

so it has been correctly defined I think, now presumably if I change this line in epdq_success.php

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS));

and create a thank you file, it should in theory go to a thank you for your order type of file shouldn't it?

Don't do that. You need checkout_process.

It's strange that the transaction is success but it sends you back to the basket. How it ends up at checkout payment is a mystery to me.

I'm afraid you'll have to unleash your debugging skills on this. It must be to do with your particular setup.

You can alsways comment out the redirects and echo the results that checks epdq_transactions etc.

I can't help you too much since I now made most of that redundant in the new code. It's up to you whether to debug your current version or wait a week for the new version.

I can't help you too much since I now made most of that redundant in the new code. It's up to you whether to debug your current version or wait a week for the new version.

Hi Joe,

I'm just wondering if you received my PM...If you haven't found anyone to 'test' with, I've your EPDQ contrib working, and would be happy to give up some time to give something back...

Thanks all your (and others) prevous work - it saved me ages !

Ben

Edited by benryall

Didn't get round to my PMs yet, sorry. Thanks for the offer.

I did test it with someone else and now on my own shops.

What I have works fine though people who use attributes a lot (I completely got rid of it in my code) might have to add just a little bit of code themselves. More details at launch.

After the weekend I should be able to wrap it all up in a working contrib.

Don't do that. You need checkout_process.

It's strange that the transaction is success but it sends you back to the basket. How it ends up at checkout payment is a mystery to me.

I'm afraid you'll have to unleash your debugging skills on this. It must be to do with your particular setup.

You can alsways comment out the redirects and echo the results that checks epdq_transactions etc.

I will have a go at debugging, but I am going to wait for the new version now!

Has anyone come accross the following error before?

It is not possible to order from the store at this time.

Please contact the merchant for further information.

Error:

Unable to read configuration file.

Regards

parma

Hello all. I just noticed that I have had an order processed in epdq from a guy that is registered in my oscom store but there is no record in the store of him ever placing or even trying to place an order with me.

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Hello all. I just noticed that I have had an order processed in epdq from a guy that is registered in my oscom store but there is no record in the store of him ever placing or even trying to place an order with me.

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Hi there

I have a little problem with the orders, they seem to be coming in like this

Thank you for your online order from $$$$$.

Your order details follow:

Order #: 23

Tax:

Shipping:

Total: ?0.10

If you have any questions regarding this order, contact

our customer service at $$$.

It dosen't seem to be telling me what was ordered or the quantity, is this fixable and how?

OK, thanks,

harshy

Hi, I think that is the epdq confirmation, you can switch it on and off in epdq interface. The oscom comfirmation will contain the order information. Either you don't have your shop set to send you a copy of the confirmation email or the process isn't completing fully.

Hi, I think that is the epdq confirmation, you can switch it on and off in epdq interface. The oscom comfirmation will contain the order information. Either you don't have your shop set to send you a copy of the confirmation email or the process isn't completing fully.

Oh dear when you say interface you mean the Allowed URL's I think that is set correctly, if the process isn't completing fully, how do I increase the value?

I think I might go back to EPDQ 1.1 on a replica site.

BTW can I ask how is the new version coming along?

OK, thanks,

harshy

By interface I mean the epdq admin site provided by Barclays. I think that email you get is a confirmation coming directly from Barclays to say payment has been taken, not from your oscommerce store.

OK, thanks I am going to have another look at the admin screen again.

Kind regards,

harshy

By interface I mean the epdq admin site provided by Barclays. I think that email you get is a confirmation coming directly from Barclays to say payment has been taken, not from your oscommerce store.

Hi there

I just checked the admin, it's all set to send us mail, but the information is sending is pretty insufficient, now do I need to phone Barclays, or is there some modification to be done to the script, so that when the customer gets the e-mail it states what they ordered, the quantity and the total, it has to be said Barclays need to improve their EPDQ system, it's a bit of a nightmare! :o

Hi there

I just checked the admin, it's all set to send us mail, but the information is sending is pretty insufficient, now do I need to phone Barclays, or is there some modification to be done to the script, so that when the customer gets the e-mail it states what they ordered, the quantity and the total, it has to be said Barclays need to improve their EPDQ system, it's a bit of a nightmare! :o

Hi I got it working to the confirmation page, and the order e-mails are both coming in, however there is still a problem, and that is with the Purchase Without Account, even though it's going all the way to the ePDQ screen and is completing payment, for some reason Barclays are sending it down as an error, so it's going back to the shopping cart, even through the transaction itself was successful, I get a confirmation from Barclays but no e-mail from the shopping cart, please help as the client wants this facility!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone come accross the following error before?

Regards

parma

Hi

I had this error when I started out with getting this contribution working, I'm sorry to say that I can't remeber exactly what the problem was but it was something to do with the information that you are sending to Barclays. things to check that the merchant id field in the admin area of your website is what is also refered to as the store id by barclays.

I found your post whilst trying to find a solution to something else

hope that helps

Matt

Gary is trying the latest contrib now - when I get his feedback and incorporate it into the final release it will go up.

Beware, this will require PHP skills and advanced osCommerce/ePDQ contrib experience. You can start getting your back-ups in shape in preparation.