The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Advanced Categories Admin

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wohooo!

Thx for that :)

Yes, it's really an excellent contribution, and an ACA Module makes it even better, since the whole categories.php-concept, as in stock osCommerce, is a real pain in the ass ;)

Hey

Im kinda new to OSC

I found ACA and like it

but now Im trying to install the Wolfen Featured Sets v1.00 but Its not as easy as one might think

is there a ACA in progress for this contrib or can someone help me with the installment

or maybe you even advice me against installing this contrib when Im using ACA

if so do you have other suggestions ?

/c

I have installed ACA followed by Extra fields v2.0b and now my "File Upload" button on my product input page isn't showing...

Is this bit from ADMIN/CATEGORIES.PHP right?? -->

//==========================================================  
// ACA: START CONFIGURATION OF MODULES USED FOR CATEGORIES AND PRODUCTS ADMINISTRATION
 // Load categories modules and tell which one is the main (original 2.2MS2)
 require (DIR_WS_CLASSES.'categories.php');
 $categories_modules = new categories($current_category_id);
 $categories_modules-> register_module ('categories_ms2.php');

//  $categories_modules-> register_module ('category_description.php');
 $categories_modules-> register_module ('image_upload.php');

require (DIR_WS_CLASSES.'products.php');
 $products_modules = new products();
 $products_modules-> register_module ('products_ms2.php');
 $products_modules-> register_module ('html_area.php', 'products_ms2');

$products_modules-> register_module ('extra_fields.php');  // Contribution 2202
//  $products_modules-> register_module ('header_controller.php');  //Contribution 207 

// ACA: END CONFIGURATION OF MODULES USED FOR CATEGORIES AND PRODUCTS ADMINISTRATION

Great Contribution BTW.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me if this question offends anyone, I certainly hope not, as I truly appreciate the developers of contributions.

Could someone tell me exactly what this contribution does? I can't find in the forum and certainly not on the contribution itself what it does. :blush:

i have php5 on my server and i have this bug in the categories-edit-porduct

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in D:\apachefriends1.4.9\xampp\xampp\htdocs\xampp\testseiten\aca\admin\includes\classes\products.php on line 203

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in D:\apachefriends1.4.9\xampp\xampp\htdocs\xampp\testseiten\aca\admin\includes\classes\products.php on line 203

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\apachefriends1.4.9\xampp\xampp\htdocs\xampp\testseiten\aca\admin\includes\categories_edit_product.php on line 89

Forgive me if this question offends anyone, I certainly hope not, as I truly appreciate the developers of contributions.

Could someone tell me exactly what this contribution does?  I can't find in the forum and certainly not on the contribution itself what it does. :blush:

This contribution removes the pain of modifying the admin/categories.php when installing new contributions. The logic is put inside separate modules instead of inside a 1500 lines long code.

The problem with ACA is that it is difficult to install contribution "the old way" if no module exists and it can also be difficult to make a module...

v2.0 is on dev, it will be a contribution to install over the original categories.php and modules will be setup like a shipping module => the "old way" installation can still be done and adding modules will be even easier.

The problem with ACA is that it is difficult to install contribution "the old way" if no module exists and it can also be difficult to make a module...

I'm trying to add the Total B2B contribution which modifies the admin/categories.php file. However I have the ACA modified version of this file.

How do I get around this please?

Thanks

Lyj

• 1 month later...
i have php5 on my server and i have this bug in the categories-edit-porduct

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\apachefriends1.4.9\xampp\xampp\htdocs\xampp\testseiten\aca\admin\includes\categories_edit_product.php on line 89

Guys, have the same problem, Anyone get it?

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /admin/includes/classes/products.php on line 203

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /admin/includes/classes/products.php on line 203

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /admin/includes/categories_edit_product.php on line 89

• 2 months later...

New in this am I wondering how to install this contribution.

I have a clean install and its working fine. No modifications have been made.

The files in the contributions is on the server as the directory structure shows in the zip file

But in "readme" file it says to copy the category module to admin/includes/modules/categories and

the product module to admin/includes/modules/products.

Were are the "orginal files" located that should be placed in the directorys?

Are they in the admin directore. I only find the category.php there, not the products.php

Thanks

The categories and products modules are not included with this ACA contribution but with their respective contribution.

If a contribution you want to install includes an ACA module, then you don't need to modify categories.php but just install the module.

- Rigadin, osc-help.net

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to install ACA withMaster Products - MS2 - contrib 1681 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1681/category,all/search,master+product)

and have succeeded only in blowing up my store :D

My grasp of the code is pretty weak, and I'm struggling to understand which of the externalized files match the changes to categories.php required by Master Products... if anyone has any hints, I would be forever grateful.

Or, even better, if there's a secret ACA module for the Master Products contrib....

• 1 month later...

I have made a version 2.0 of this helpful contribution, it is available here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2611

Here are the changes from v1.1 to v2.0:

- Added modules management to the admin panel, no need to modify categories.php to use them.

- categories.php much more similar to the original file, making much much easier to install contributions "the old way" (for contributions that does not have an ACA module yet)

- modules of v1.1 are not compatible with modules of v2.0

- Installation instruction provided

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

Have changed from V1.1 to 2.0. Have deleted 1.1 files as installation says. At the end of instruction we can read "Remember: your ACA Modules v1.x need to be updated!". At the beginning you can read "modules of v1.1 are not compatible with modules of v2.0". I?s confusing. The SQL-file from Ver 1.1 shall it still be used or shall I remove it?

Have changed from V1.1 to 2.0. Have deleted 1.1 files as installation says. At the end of instruction we can read "Remember: your ACA Modules v1.x need to be updated!". At the beginning you can read "modules of v1.1 are not compatible with modules of v2.0". I?s confusing. The SQL-file from Ver 1.1 shall it still be used or shall I remove it?

Modules v1.1 are not compatible with v2.0, it means that you need to change your modules when you make the upgrade. I'll release v2.0 modules shortly.

The SQL file provided with v1.1 is for the HtmlArea editor and you do not need to remove anything from database when upgrading to ACA 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

i installed ACA 2.0

i followed all instructions and modifed all files and replaced my oscommerce 2.2ms2 "categories.php" with the one provided in ACA2.0 and got this error messenge while trying to add a "new category" by

catalog --> Categories / Products --> new category

Fatal error: Call to undefined method categories::display_category_edit() in ......\shop\admin\categories.php on line 1055

line 1055 is

// ACA START CATEGORY EDIT
$categories_modules->display_category_edit($contents); // Display modules content
// ACA END CATEGORY EDIT

how do i fix this?

p.s im on PHP5.0.5

Edited by CDK

i installed ACA 2.0

i followed all instructions and modifed all files and replaced my oscommerce 2.2ms2 "categories.php" with the one provided in ACA2.0 and got this error messenge while trying to add a "new category" by

catalog --> Categories / Products --> new category

Fatal error: Call to undefined method categories::display_category_edit() in ......\shop\admin\categories.php on line 1055

line 1055 is

$categories_modules->display_category_edit($contents); // Display modules content
// ACA END CATEGORY EDIT

how do i fix this?

p.s im on PHP5.0.5

The right code should be:

$categories_modules->display_edit($contents); // Display modules content
// ACA END CATEGORY EDIT

I'll release a new version with corrected bug.

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

The right code should be:

$categories_modules->display_edit($contents); // Display modules content
// ACA END CATEGORY EDIT

I'll release a new version with corrected bug.

- Rigadin

hi rigadin

ok i uploaded the new categories file from your contribution update

now i dont get that error

but i get this error

Warning: Missing argument 1 for categories::get_insert_table_categories() in D:\Clients\14110\globaldirect.com.au\globaldirect.com.au\shop\admin\includes\classes\categories.php on line 79

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in D:\Clients\14110\globaldirect.com.au\globaldirect.com.au\shop\admin\categories.php on line 85

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in D:\Clients\14110\globaldirect.com.au\globaldirect.com.au\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 55

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in D:\Clients\14110\globaldirect.com.au\globaldirect.com.au\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 58

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in D:\Clients\14110\globaldirect.com.au\globaldirect.com.au\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 62

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in D:\Clients\14110\globaldirect.com.au\globaldirect.com.au\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 63
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') values)' at line 1

insert into categories) values)

[TEP STOP]

Edited by 241

Fatal error: Call to undefined method categories::display_category_edit() in ..........\shop\admin\categories.php on line 1057

$categories_modules->display_category_edit($contents);  // Display modules content
// ACA END CATEGORY EDIT

in your contribution change file you forgot to change it to "display_edit"

and if i change it to "display_edit" the fields will now show

"category name"

"category image"

"sort order"

ok i fill in the fields

and i hit SAVE

now it comes up with this error

Warning: Missing argument 1 for categories::get_insert_table_categories() in ..........\shop\admin\includes\classes\categories.php on line 79

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in ...........\shop\admin\categories.php on line 85

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in ...........\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 55

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in ......\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 58

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in ........\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 62

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in .....\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 63
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') values)' at line 1

insert into categories) values)

[TEP STOP]

Getting there one step at a time :]

NOTE: everything was working fine before the installation of ACA2.0

Edited by CDK

I have only this error after install. It happends while i try to add subcategory.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for categories::get_insert_table_categories() in ..........\shop\admin\includes\classes\categories.php on line 79

For fix it U need to edit line 85 in \admin\categories.php

Old :

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $categories_modules->get_insert_table_categories() );

That will work:

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, categories_modules->get_insert_table_categories($categories_modules) );

Edited by Virus

I have only this error after install. It happends while i try to add subcategory.

Old :

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $categories_modules->get_insert_table_categories() );

That will work:

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, categories_modules->get_insert_table_categories($categories_modules) );

it didn't help

it got worst :(

Old :

That will work:

if i change this code

i then get a error when i click on catlog inside admin.

this is the error messenge

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in .........\shop\admin\categories.php on line 86

this is like 86. $sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, categories_modules->get_insert_table_categories($categories_modules) );

// ACA START INSERT CATEGORY TABLE
	  $categories_modules->load_post_values ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
	  //$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $categories_modules->get_insert_table_categories() ); OLD
// ACA END INSERT CATEGORY TABLE

Edited by CDK

Chris

Firstly i must say Brilliant module, well done....

I have one issue that puzzles me however

I had header tags installed prior to installing ACA and i went a replaced the categories.php file with your default one from the mod but i now see no header tags functions in the category edit or in the products edit parts of the file.

Do i now need to manually go in and re-add them?

I saw you made a post about there beeing an ACA module for header tags but i only see one for STS Plus???

am i missing something?