• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Sijo,

Thank for your suggestion, but it doesn't seem to work on my site. Not sure why its not working... any other ideas?

If you have done exact what I described, then I have no ideas. Sorry..

Anyone have an idea why the "Entry" and "Last click" is exactly 30mins behine the real time? The Last refresh time is accurate. Local server time is accurate, php locale is correct. Set locale in application_top made no difference. Cant see any code in whos_online that would offset it by 30mins.

Also any clues to get maps API working on a HTTPS connection, view source references to server location looks right, directories, folders and files seem to be referenced correctly, key looks good, all appropriate files uploaded. Is the issue with georss file? Any troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Being javascript could it be a case sensitive typo somewhere?

Im running 3.6.6

Regards

George

Can someone help me with this error:

Error Type: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER

On line 112

File includes/functions/whos_online.php

How can I fix this?

Thanks for this contribution; I've been using it for quite some time now and love it. I upgraded from 3.4.X to 3.6.6 yesterday and almost everything works fine, including the Google Map (if you remember to upload the visitors_georss.php to the root, that is :rolleyes:).

The only thing that is not working for me is the referer-URL on the individual lines. The referer at the bottom (showing the referer of the selected user) is fine, but the per-user referer is just blank. I've been messing around with the php-code a bit, but can't get it to work.

Any suggestions there? Thanks!

Edited by fintan74

Hi guys, hoping someone in here maybe able to help.

I visit my homepage and am greeted with;

"2006 - MySQL server has gone away

insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, hostname, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('0', 'Guest', 'be64181d5801fdc905a0b9f5f967f3b7', '81.101.185.100', '81.101.185.100', '1266345893', '1266345893', '/', 'https://www.MYURL.co.uk/admin/configuration.php?gID=1&selected_box=configuration', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)')

[TEP STOP]"

Is it a SQL database issue?

hi there!

i am trying to install the latest version (Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.6) of this great add-on in my RC2a store.

now i have two problems:

1. the SQL changes cause an error:

ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD `country_code` VARCHAR( 2 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address` ,
ADD `country_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `country_code` ,
ADD `region_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `country_name` ,
ADD `city` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `region_name` ,
ADD `latitude` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `city` ,
ADD `longitude` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `latitude`;
ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD INDEX `ip_address` ( `ip_address` );
ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD INDEX `country_code` ( `country_code` );
ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD `hostname` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address` ;
REPAIR TABLE `whos_online`;
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('77', 'Google Maps Key', 'GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY', 'YOURKEY', 'Put your Google Maps API Key here.<br><br>You can get one at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html', '1', '25', NULL, '2009-08-22 12:18:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_textarea(');

Fehler

SQL-Befehl:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
VALUES (
'77', 'Google Maps Key', 'GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY', 'YOURKEY', 'Put your Google Maps API Key here.<br><br>You can get one at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html', '1', '25', NULL , '2009-08-22 12:18:00', NULL , 'tep_cfg_textarea('
);

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation
#1062 - Doppelter Eintrag '77' für Schlüssel 'PRIMARY' 

2. somehow the part to install the configurateion in the admin section is missing?!

maybe someone can help!

Hi all

Following the instructions i see:

6. In admin/whos_online.php, search for:

geoXml = new GGeoXml("<?php echo "http://www.example.com/visitors_georss.php";?>"); (it should be in line 380)

and replace "www.example.com" with your domain.

7. In visitors_georss.php, search for:

define('HTTPSERVER', 'http://example.com/');

define('WEBSITE', 'http://www.example.com/');

(they should be in lines 13 and 14)

and put in your domain.

And being my shop in www.whatever.com/shop/catalog/index.php what do i need to set in those two steps? this contribution is working but maybe with flaws like no referer and no user agent...

Thank you

I'm trying to install "Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.6" and when I did the sql update

ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD `country_code` VARCHAR( 2 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address` ,
ADD `country_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `country_code` ,
ADD `region_name` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `country_name` ,
ADD `city` VARCHAR( 64 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `region_name` ,
ALTER TABLE `whos_online` ADD `hostname` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address` ;
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('77', 'Google Maps Key', 'GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY', 'YOURKEY', 'Put your Google Maps API Key here.<br><br>You can get one at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html', '1', '25', NULL, '2009-08-22 12:18:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_textarea(');

I got an error saying that '77' was already used so I changed it to '277' and it took the sql change and seems to work. I was able to browse to the admin area and submit my google key. Changing that number shouldn't be a problem, right?

Edited by DKY

SQL-Befehl:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'77', 'Google Maps Key', 'GOOGLE_MAPS_KEY', 'YOURKEY', 'Put your Google Maps API Key here.<br><br>You can get one at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html', '1', '25', NULL , '2009-08-22 12:18:00', NULL , 'tep_cfg_textarea('

);

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation

#1062 - Doppelter Eintrag '77' für Schlüssel 'PRIMARY'

ok, i've solved this problem on my own:

sign in into your database via mysql, then check the table configuration and find the entry with the highest configuration_id (=253 in my case). replace the 77 in the sql update with highest configuration_id + 1 (=254 in my case) and do the update.

you should also check if the used configuration_group_id is free! if it's in use, use a free one!

thats it!

please correct me if this is crap

Edited by piou

I'm trying to install "Who's Online Enhancement 3.6.6" and when I did the sql update

I got an error saying that '77' was already used so I changed it to '277' and it took the sql change and seems to work. I was able to browse to the admin area and submit my google key. Changing that number shouldn't be a problem, right?

I've just downloaded 3.6.7 but there are no installation instructions. Is the instruction file included in 3.6.5 Full OK for the latest version?

Ken

I've just downloaded 3.6.7 but there are no installation instructions. Is the instruction file included in 3.6.5 Full OK for the latest version?

Ken

I've installed this enhancement and double-checked that the /includes/functions/whos_online.php is correctly uploaded. Checked the database table and all the required fields are there.

However, I still get Referer? Not Found. Also Region and City are blank and no positional information shows on the map.

Help please?

Ken

Edited by oldcelt

Some last versions have a missing .php file , wrong sql file and faulty instructions.

I did compare 3.6.x version with 3.5.4 to verify this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/124853-whos-online-enhancement-14/page__st__1540__p__1430651entry1430651

This guy put me on right direction!!!!

That didn't fix it for me I'm afraid! The latest version seems to have already made those corrections.

Any other ideas please?

Is support for this addon now defunct? Nobody seems to be answering any questions!

However, in the hope that eventually someone will come up with a suggestion or two, I'd really appreciate some help to sort out the problems.

I've installed the latest version 3.6.5 and the results are not helpful.

It just shows "Guest" for anyone on the site. Also, for example, it shows "Region: Surrey" for someone connecting from Herefordshire and, of course, the town is wrong. Similarly for any other guest to the site, the region and town are wrong. Furthermore, it says "Referer? Not found" for every guest. It also shows me when I'm looking at it in admin as being in California! The shopping cart always shows empty even when there are products in it.

Does anybody have this version working properly please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have Who's Online 3.6.3 installed and for some reason for the last URL I see the following url.

/images/infoBoxHeading2_td.gif

No page, no product as it should be.

Can you help?

NN

Hi

I just downloaded version 3.6.6 and couldn't extract it. I have repeated this 3 times with the same result. I did read back through this thread and noticed that someone had asked for version 3.6.6 to be re-uploaded but did not see a response to that post.

Has anyone else had this experience ?

Hi

I just downloaded version 3.6.6 and couldn't extract it. I have repeated this 3 times with the same result. I did read back through this thread and noticed that someone had asked for version 3.6.6 to be re-uploaded but did not see a response to that post.

Has anyone else had this experience ?

I have just reuploaded a new zip to the contribution. It will take some time to show up because of:

"As the filesize is over 300k, it will be manually approved before becoming publicly available."

I have just reuploaded a new zip to the contribution. It will take some time to show up because of:

"As the filesize is over 300k, it will be manually approved before becoming publicly available."

Thanks for re-uploading this. I successfully extracted it and will install shortly.

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address` ,

ADD `c' at line 1

OK, I tried to run the query in phpmyadmin but I get the above error.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

I copied this code below from the install(or Update).txt file. and pasted into phpmyadmin query box and hit go.

After checking out the SQL this is definitely the fix for the missing "Session?" and "Referer?" info/icons on version 3.6.6 (Just required a few minutes to propagate)

To fix this download version 3.5.4 by Steve Dallas and copy the file catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php and upload to your store.

Lovely stuff!