• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

hello I have installed Who's online Enhancement 3.6.6 and works fine. The only problem is that shows every greek character (except menu) like chinese when I go to admin/whos_online.php page, and when I change the encoding from explorer to UTF-8 then shows well the charracters of admin/whos_online.php but makes the Left menu characters like bullets. Can anyone help me?

Hi,

I installed Who's online 3.6.6 today coming from Who's online 3.5.2 and get the following error in the who is online screen:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/sess_fff62b9f41c58cecc109bebb468a1d58) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/g3256/sitename) in /var/www/g3256/sitename/HTML/admin/whos_online.php on line 996

My session directory is set to 'tmp' and tmp and has the following rights 777.

Hi,

I installed Who's online 3.6.6 today coming from Who's online 3.5.2 and get the following error in the who is online screen:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/sess_fff62b9f41c58cecc109bebb468a1d58) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/g3256/sitename) in /var/www/g3256/sitename/HTML/admin/whos_online.php on line 996

My session directory is set to 'tmp' and tmp and has the following rights 777.

Could someone please repost 3.6.6 + a full create SQL script for the who is online table?

hello I have installed Who's online Enhancement 3.6.6 and works fine. The only problem is that shows every greek character (except menu) like chinese when I go to admin/whos_online.php page, and when I change the encoding from explorer to UTF-8 then shows well the charracters of admin/whos_online.php but makes the Left menu characters like bullets. Can anyone help me?

...am I the only with this encoding problem??

How can we change the CHARACTER SET UTF-8 of the tables to ISO set using phpMyAdmin?

My problem is on admin/whos_online.php The encoding of my store is ISO 8859. This page has UTF-8 and the result is everything except left admin menu is like "chinese", When I change the Browser encoding to UTF-8 the left admin menu becames "chinese" and the other page is normal. How can we change the CHARACTER SET UTF-8 of the tables to ISO set using phpMyAdmin? Please help

ok finaly I found the problem ... it was easier than I thought... I used the oscommerse Web Admin file manager and it was wrong encoding file I just paste the right encoding text there and fixed.

ok finaly I found the problem ... it was easier than I thought... I used the oscommerse Web Admin file manager and it was wrong encoding file I just paste the right encoding text there and fixed.

Changing the encoding of a working site is not something to be done without careful consideration of the implications. Most language files and some parts of the code assume ISO 8859-1, and accented characters stored in your database are likely saved in that encoding. By changing to UTF-8, you will have the opposite issue of accented characters showing up with the UTF-8 "invalid character" mark. If an external source is known to deliver data in UTF-8, PHP has a function utf8_decode() to handle the transliteration.

--Glen

yeah...it's ridiculous the sql script only updates the who’s online table. I'm trying to update from 1.9 and running into duplicate column errors. So I guess I will drop the table, try to find the original sql insert and then run the update to the table. What do people do if they aren't upgrading? I guess I'll go back to hunting down the latest valid version.

The whos_online table is present in standard osC, so you would need the original structure to recreate it. Here's the SQL code to create the table for versions up to 3.5.4:

CREATE TABLE `whos_online` (`customer_id` int(11) default NULL,
`full_name` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
`session_id` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
`ip_address` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
`hostname` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`time_entry` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
`time_last_click` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
`last_page_url` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`http_referer` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`user_agent` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
KEY `session_id` (`session_id`),
KEY `ip_address` (`ip_address`),
KEY `time_last_click` (`time_last_click`)) TYPE = MyISAM;

Hope this helps.

--Glen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Installed the version 3.6.6. nearly everythin ist working fine!

But the user agent is not showing anything and the location is not displayed in the map.

someone with the same problem?

Same here.

Also, how to use the map on a SSL/https site?

Hi,

My shop - oscommerce v2.2 rca2 - is hosted on a shared server. Everything was working fine, however recently I noticed a problem with three add-ons. Since I wasn't modifying anything (either files, or database) I am guessing something changed on the shared server.

- Who's online enhancement v3.6.5 - doesn't show the cart anymore

The other two add-ons that don't work (For reference, in case they have some hosting requirement in common with Who's Online Enhancement):

- Header Tags SEO v3.1.5 - doesn't work on product_info.php and on index.php. When I view page source the tags that are there are global tags, not page specific tags.

- Ultimate SEO URLS v 5 - example product page url looks like this: www.website.com/product_info.php/product-name-product-model-p-XX

Any idea how to fix/address this issue?

-- thanks, ania

I'm having the same issues with 3.6.6:

"Installed the version 3.6.6. nearly everythin ist working fine!

But the user agent is not showing anything and the location is not displayed in the map.

someone with the same problem?"

"My question about SSL is actually only how not to constantly have a warning about unsecure pictures."

Any ideas?

Edited by mcarp

Hi,

My shop - oscommerce v2.2 rca2 - is hosted on a shared server. Everything was working fine, however recently I noticed a problem with three add-ons. Since I wasn't modifying anything (either files, or database) I am guessing something changed on the shared server.

- Who's online enhancement v3.6.5 - doesn't show the cart anymore

The other two add-ons that don't work (For reference, in case they have some hosting requirement in common with Who's Online Enhancement):

- Header Tags SEO v3.1.5 - doesn't work on product_info.php and on index.php. When I view page source the tags that are there are global tags, not page specific tags.

- Ultimate SEO URLS v 5 - example product page url looks like this: www.website.com/product_info.php/product-name-product-model-p-XX

Any idea how to fix/address this issue?

-- thanks, ania

Issues unrelated to Who's Online have been solved. The culprit responsible for no carts in who's online is suhosin patch :(

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if you can help me:-

I have an unknown ip showing up, whois is showing its as unknown, and its trying to look at image that doesnt exist anymore. Who would be an unknown?

IP Address: unknown

Yandex is also on line says its a russian search engine, msn is something I recognise at least.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I have an unknown ip showing up, whois is showing its as unknown, and its trying to look at image that doesnt exist anymore. Who would be an unknown?

Yandex is also on line says its a russian search engine, msn is something I recognise at least.

Thanks

In fact this unknown appears to be going through lost and lots of images that used to be on this site, but with an unknown ip what can I do to stop thenm going through the new images once they have uploaded?

If the images were there it would be serious eating into bandwidth, its got six images being viewed at any one time at the moment and not doubt this may increase.

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Thanks

I am not certain, but "unknown" may appear when the client has only an IPv6 address. You might want to check your server logs for that access.

--Glen

• 1 month later...

My question about SSL is actually only how not to constantly have a warning about unsecure pictures.

Same issue

I run my admin side in HTTPS, and when using Show Map I get the "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely" message. Can anyone help with this?

using 3.6.5

Thank you

-Dave

Hello All,

I have ver 3.6.6 installed everything seems to be working fine, expect for the locators are not showing on the map for site visitors. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue i haven't seen any updates in regards to this.

Thanks

Hello All,

I have ver 3.6.6 installed everything seems to be working fine, expect for the locators are not showing on the map for site visitors. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue i haven't seen any updates in regards to this.

Thanks

I have found a solution for this that is working here. Try this replacements:

In catalog/admin/whos_online.php

*FIND:

function initialize() {

if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {

geoXml = new GGeoXml("<?php echo HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . "/visitors_georss.php";?>");

map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map_canvas"));

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(36,2), 1);

map.addControl(new GLargeMapControl());

map.addOverlay(geoXml);

}

}

*REPLACE WITH:

function initialize() {

if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {

map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map_canvas"));

geoXml = new GGeoXml("http://www.your.site...tors_georss.php"); !!Fill in this for your site!!

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(36,2), 1);

map.addOverlay(geoXml);

}

}

function toggleMyKml() {

if (toggleState == 1) {

map.removeOverlay(geoXml);

toggleState = 0;

} else {

map.addOverlay(geoXml);

toggleState = 1;

}

}

*FIND:

<tr><td align="center" colspan="2"><div id="map_canvas" style="width: 800px; height: 400px"></div></td></tr>

*REPLACE WITH:

<tr><td align="center" colspan="2"><div id="map_canvas" style="width: 800px; height: 400px"></div>

<input type="button" value="Toggle Markers" onclick="toggleMyKml();"/></td></tr>

In catalog/visitors_georss.php

*FIND:

$city = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1", $data['city']);

*REPLACE WITH:

$city = utf8_encode("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1", $data['city']);

*FIND:

echo " <description>$html</description>\n";

*REPLACE WITH:

echo " <description></description>\n";

That's all!

I have found a solution for this that is working here. Try this replacements:

*FIND:

echo " <description>$html</description>\n";

*REPLACE WITH:

echo " <description></description>\n";

That's all!

You can also try without this replacement...