medvid

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

I am still experiencing this problem so if anyone can shed some light on it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mark :thumbsup:

I've found the problem. The "store_session" in my configure.php in the admin folder wasn't set to "mysql" the other was.

Both my configure files have always had "store_session" set to "mysql" so there is still a problem.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

I've had this contribution up and running for a while now but suddenly the Who's Online page opens very slowly (around a 30 seconds to a minute). I haven't installed any recent contribs lately that would impact this. Should I write this off to server probs and wait to see if it clears up or has anyone else had this issue?

First, sorry because my english is so bad. :blink:

Hi, I have installed the last WOL contribution, exactly 2.0

I have done all, I have execute SQL commands, upload all files, and edit all the necesary. I have read all forums but m WOL doesn?t works. Never shows nothing:

problem.JPG

I have in the both configure.php put at 'mysql'

My sessions options are this:

problem1.JPG

And the /tmp is 777 in chmod.

Please I need a help. I want to use this contribution :(

THANKS

Hi mikel_spain

That looks like it has worked. Same screen as mine. You probably just don't have anybody on your site at that moment. Try looking at your site & then go to WOL. You should then see yourself as admin come up.

Julie

Hi mikel_spain

That looks like it has worked. Same screen as mine. You probably just don't have anybody on your site at that moment. Try looking at your site & then go to WOL. You should then see yourself as admin come up.

Julie

No, it doesn?t work. I have tried whith Internet Explorer and with Motzilla, but in the WOL screen doesn?t appears nothing.

I need help please :(

No, it doesn?t work. I have tried whith Internet Explorer and with Motzilla, but in the WOL screen doesn?t appears nothing.

I need help please :(

I think this is a problem many people have, including myself, I cannot find a solution.

Thanks for any help/comments.

Regards,

Lewis Hill

I think this is a problem many people have, including myself, I cannot find a solution.

YES, I have read de 49 pages of this forum and I can?t found any solution. Perhaps WOL is incompatible with another contribution we have installed.

Please HELPPP :P:P

First, sorry because my english is so bad. :blink:

Hi, I have installed the last WOL contribution, exactly 2.0

I have done all, I have execute SQL commands, upload all files, and edit all the necesary. I have read all forums but m WOL doesn?t works. Never shows nothing:

problem.JPG

I have in the both configure.php put at 'mysql'

My sessions options are this:

problem1.JPG

And the /tmp is 777 in chmod.

Please I need a help. I want to use this contribution :(

THANKS

The only thing I can see wrong is that your tmp directory is wrong. It should be the FULL File System path to your temp directory, such as /stonebridge_site/public_html/tmp/

Entering in /tmp/ is even further down on the servers filesystem, which is not good as you do not have control over it (and can cause problems).

Cheers,

Chris

I've found the problem. The "store_session" in my configure.php in the admin folder wasn't set to "mysql" the other was.

Maybe you also got four configure.php files in your directory.

/includes

/admin/includes

/catalog/includes

/catalog/admin/includes

The only thing I can see wrong is that your tmp directory is wrong. It should be the FULL File System path to your temp directory, such as /stonebridge_site/public_html/tmp/

Entering in /tmp/ is even further down on the servers filesystem, which is not good as you do not have control over it (and can cause problems).

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks, but IT DOES NOT WORKS.

I have put in the temp directory this: /home/mafil/tmp/

And in the configure.php files y quit mysql.

But it doesn?t works. :(:(:(

Thanks, but IT DOES NOT WORKS.

I have put in the temp directory this: /home/mafil/tmp/

And in the configure.php files y quit mysql.

But it doesn?t works. :(:(:(

Please ?any help?

The simpe Whos Online contribution does not works me too :(:(

:'(

Hello Ed,

Just tried to install this contrib (version 2.0) and had some problems. Problem is now the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'user_agent' in 'field list'

select customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent, session_id from whos_online order by time_last_click DESC

[TEP STOP]

Could you tell me what I did wrong by seeing this error?

KR,

Peter

Janssen-Militaria

Sorry, sorted it out.

2B) This is brand new for v1.6.1 Beta. Run this line on your MySQL database. (through phpMyAdmin, SSH, etc.):

ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

Thought I would not have to do this when I had done 2A.

STUPID ME

Kr,

Peter

I just installed this getting this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'http_referer' in 'field list'

select customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent, session_id from whos_online order by time_last_click DESC

Can anyone help?

I just installed this getting this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'http_referer' in 'field list'

Can anyone help?

look about two posts up, your answer is there

Regards,

Lewis Hill

look about two posts up, your answer is there

Actually, for that fix I think he needs to look a few pages back, but it is definately there.

There are 2 lots of SQL queries that need to be run to get it working (which I don't believe are in the contrib file).

Cheers,

Chris

Actually, for that fix I think he needs to look a few pages back, but it is definately there.

There are 2 lots of SQL queries that need to be run to get it working (which I don't believe are in the contrib file).

Cheers,

Chris

hmmm think that's true actually, didn't look at the code properly - sorry

Regards,

Lewis Hill

i just installed the latest version and everything works but the shopping cvart contents are blank.. and all my settings are correct.

Check out my fully customized oscommerce site by viewing my profile.

I had to change back to old codes the changes in admin/whos_online.php

'cause the new " tep_get_ip_address" did cause errors.

Just changed at:

line 344

// } elseif ($whos_online['ip_address'] == tep_get_ip_address() ) { //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) {

to

} elseif ($whos_online['ip_address'] == $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) { //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) {

line 523

<!-- WOL 1.4 - Added Bot and Me counts -->

<td class="smallText" colspan="9"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS, $total_sess);

print "<br>Duplicate IPs: $total_dupes<br>Bots: $total_bots<br>Me!: $total_admin<br>Real customers:

$total_cust<br><br>Your IP Address: ".tep_get_ip_address();?></td><!-- //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];?></td> -->

<!-- WOL 1.4 eof -->

to

<td class="smallText" colspan="9"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS, $total_sess);

print "<br>Duplicate IPs: $total_dupes<br>Bots: $total_bots<br>Me!: $total_admin<br>Real customers:

$total_cust<br><br>Your IP Address: " .$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];?></td><!-- //$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];?></td> -->

I just change in the same file line 344 (but it was 376) and 647:

<?php print "<b>" . TEXT_MY_IP_ADDRESS . ":</b> ".$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]; ?><? echo TEXT_NOT_AVAILABLE;?></td>

so all istances of tep_get_ip_address() became $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]

Thanx, Giuseppe

Ehm... sorry for the stupid quest: I'm translating language file for Italian people, but... what's a BOT? <_<

Ehm... sorry for the stupid quest: I'm translating language file for Italian people, but... what's a BOT? <_<

Noy,

Bot = Spider = Crawler = Indexer. An automated program that crawls your site to add the pages to a Search engine's index/database.

ed

Answers to osCommerce's most persistent questions! Tips & Tricks | Configuration | Common Problems.

Seek and ye shall find Contributions.

My Contributions

My Blog

Bot = Spider = Crawler = Indexer. An automated program that crawls your site to add the pages to a Search engine's index/database.

Thank you so much, Ed. I'm new of this work.

I've just upload my Italian Language File on the contribution page.

Bye!