medvid

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Have you set ALL your settings exactly the same as listed above? With no exceptions.

ahh.. forgive me, i am slow sometimes

that did the trick. thank you! :D

Hello everybody,

this contrib is just what i need. so i downloaded it today and installed it.

most of it works, but not the cart thing.

mostly all carts are empty. but sometimes there is a cart with content, and it is displayed after clicking a row that is NOT connected with this customer. let me explain: i can for ex. see a logged in customer with name, in the checkout process, so he is having something in his cart....at this stage all entrys are "no cart" in the lights, but when i click the line UNDER this customer i might, just might - not always, get his cart up when clicking on someone else?

AND when i do have a cart display - all lights are CART ON....? reds and greens...

and of course, if i try to click one of these cart on ....whoops...all entrys are NO CART.... and the cart says empty.

I have tried all possible ways to configure sessions in admin. file / mysql (use that now) , and the other settings.

to no help...

i have other contribs active, but no one that is connected with the cart. i assume the "magic" is done in whos_online? and that one is untouched.

Lars

PS. I hope someone comes up with the solution to this. I have read all 37 pages for most of the day... ;-)

Is it possible to instead of the traffic lights have the last colomn as cart total?

im just interested in seeing who of my customers that have stuff in their cart. and by displaying cart total as the right most column could be used instead of lights? either the value is null or present? if there is a value , i can click it to see that cart?

i dont need to see session Y and referrer (personally)

Lars

seems like its ONLY when i am logged in that i can get cart data....

if i doesn't log in I never see any carts.

OK, now I know a little more: when i am logged in. i can see a cart. My cart only. and no other.

It pops up usually when i klick on the row below me, in the list. and when it is displayed all lights are on... like everybody has products in their carts.

Does anybody have a clue of what is going on?

Lars

Alright, I have one more piece of the puzzle:

I turnes out that I can see what someone else has in their cart when doing it this way:

first, no light indicates that any cart has products.

but when selecting any of the customers, nothing happens. that is, no lights change, cart is empty for this particular customer.

next if I klick on the NEXT customer down the list - the cart is populated, and all lights are on

I hope this information gives you out there with more coding experience something to ponder about.

Lars

Alright, I have one more piece of the puzzle:

I turnes out that I can see what someone else has in their cart when doing it this way:

first, no light indicates that any cart has products.

but when selecting any of the customers, nothing happens. that is, no lights change, cart is empty for this particular customer.

next if I klick on the NEXT customer down the list - the cart is populated, and all lights are on

I hope this information gives you out there with more coding experience something to ponder about.

Lars

Lars,

Give us a run down of your session configuration. Where are sessions stored? mysql or files? Check BOTH catalog/includes/configure.php AND admin/includes/configure.php. They MUST be the same. If both are stored in files, give us the entries you have in admin under Configuration->Sessions.

ed

Answers to osCommerce's most persistent questions! Tips & Tricks | Configuration | Common Problems.

Seek and ye shall find Contributions.

My Contributions

My Blog

Session Directory tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

i have tried to change recreate session to true, with no help.

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); is the same on both .

I have also tried with sessions file, and played with the path to tmp until I got some sessions stored in the folder... It didn't help much that either.

Session Directory tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

i have tried to change recreate session to true, with no help.

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); is the same on both .

I have also tried with sessions file, and played with the path to tmp until I got some sessions stored in the folder... It didn't help much that either.

Lars,

That looks pretty standard. I would suggest reinstalling the files. Make sure that you put the catalog whos_online.php on the catalog side. Use the last download with my name on the contribution. I haven't tested the most recent version which is 1.7.1 with a language file added.

Just out of curiosity, what is the server OS, PHP version and mySQL version?

ed

Answers to osCommerce's most persistent questions! Tips & Tricks | Configuration | Common Problems.

My Contributions

My Blog

no reinstall did not help.

either all customers are marked no cart or yes cart, depending on if a cart is shown. or not . the spider is not changed however. but i have to klicka on another line than the one showing cart contents.

might be some other contrib that messes things up.

im thinking of modding this one into showing all customers and extracting cart total for every row in the last column instead. that way i can see how many has cart content anyway. and if they moves towards checkout - they are good customers ;-)

Lars

no reinstall did not help.

either all customers are marked no cart or yes cart, depending on if a cart is shown. or not . the spider is not changed however. but i have to klicka on another line than the one showing cart contents.

might be some other contrib that messes things up.

im thinking of modding this one into showing all customers and extracting cart total for every row in the last column instead. that way i can see how many has cart content anyway. and if they moves towards checkout - they are good customers ;-)

Lars

Lars,

Your mod sounds interesting. However, you will need to read sessions correctly to do this and at the moment, it appears that WOE can't read the sessions correctly.

If you've read through this thread, you've seen that 90% of the problems are session related. They are a tricky thing.

ed

My Contributions

My Blog

hi guys!

this script is really nice! I wanted to include the number of actual visitors to my index page, but the variable isn available there. can someone help me please to include it?

kind regards from germany,

freemind

hi guys!

this script is really nice! I wanted to include the number of actual visitors to my index page, but the variable isn available there. can someone help me please to include it?

kind regards from germany,

freemind

freemind,

There is another contribution that displays who's online information on the catalog site.

ed

My Contributions

My Blog

Great contribution. For some reason, I am not showing any referrers. I installed 1.7.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brady

freemind,

There is another contribution that displays who's online information on the catalog site.

ed

hello,

okay, which one? I've searched the contributions site and didnt found anything for this :(

please help

hello,

okay, which one? I've searched the contributions site and didnt found anything for this :(

please help

Try Whos Online Contribution. I've never used it so I can't vouch for it.

Good luck,

ed

My Contributions

My Blog

Thanks everyone in this forum, I was getting a blank page with the whos online enhancement. And found the answer here. In many cases, starting from scratch isn't so bad because you can follow what you've done step by step but coming in on an install when a client has already added cre loaded and/or numerous contributions can be difficult. So thanks again, found I simply needed to add the function detailed in the original installation file.

Edited by spayce_girl

I have installed the 1.7.1 version and all seems to be working just fine. Except (and you knew that except was coming) the last refresh time/date

it shows...

Set Refresh Rate: None ? :30 ? 1:00 ? 2:00 ? 3:00 - Last Refresh: 12/9/105 1:55 p.m.

Profile Display: None ? All ? Bots ? Customers

The Year being 105.

I checked my server time and date and all is correct.

I would normally look at the code myself and troubleshoot it, but my eye sight must be failing cos i can not work out where the two lines are built or output !!

Can you explain where they are built/output?? and maybe give some ideas of the year problem.

Thanks

Alex

Its Only Me

Alex

The answer to your questions and solution are on page 31, about mid way.

I have installed the 1.7.1 version and all seems to be working just fine. Except (and you knew that except was coming) the last refresh time/date

it shows...

Set Refresh Rate: None ? :30 ? 1:00 ? 2:00 ? 3:00 - Last Refresh: 12/9/105 1:55 p.m.

Profile Display: None ? All ? Bots ? Customers

The Year being 105.

I checked my server time and date and all is correct.

I would normally look at the code myself and troubleshoot it, but my eye sight must be failing cos i can not work out where the two lines are built or output !!

Can you explain where they are built/output?? and maybe give some ideas of the year problem.

Thanks

Alex

The answer to your questions and solution are on page 31, about mid way.

Thnx Gob

Although i definately think something is failing... I spent an hour looking at my the whos_online.php looking for where the code was that built and displayed the specified info...

After your post i suddenly realised i uploaded the contrib to the server but i had neglected to update my local copy, which i was searching.

Everything makes much more sense now i am looking at the correct file..

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Its Only Me

Alex

For those of you interested I have just uploaded an update to 1.7, now 1.8.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,824

As explained on the update info.

The update cleans up a few layout issues I didn't like, fixes the redundant information of the refresh Time, namely the year info etc. Also cleans up the colour coding of clients, bots and IP's etc.

Have updated all Language files with required defines and have attempted to update the actual Languages as much as possible, but have only used logic to do this, I only speak one language so it may (probably) not be exactly correct. So don't shoot me please. :ph34r:

Cheers

Gob

hello,

please help

Hi Freemind .. i believe you will get an error with Who's Online Enhancement in admin part, and Who's Online contribution in catalog side.

I posted my problem in this thread

Any suggestions appreciated. I have WOE on quite a few sites now. I've just loaded it onto a new sites and everything is fine EXCEPT - most of the time it will not show the last URL. It pops up now and again which seems to be when the site is first hit but after that it shows the page as root (ie / ) whatever page the visitor is on.

Any suggestions? Anyone else had this problem but managed to fix it?

Any suggestions appreciated. I have WOE on quite a few sites now. I've just loaded it onto a new sites and everything is fine EXCEPT - most of the time it will not show the last URL. It pops up now and again which seems to be when the site is first hit but after that it shows the page as root (ie / ) whatever page the visitor is on.

Any suggestions? Anyone else had this problem but managed to fix it?

Suggestions

1. Are you sure you have the correct version of whos_online.php in catalog\includes\functions ?

2. Have you had a look in the database to see what, if anything is being stored in the last url field?

3. Have you got the correct version of whos_online in the admin directory?

Suggestions

1. Are you sure you have the correct version of whos_online.php in catalog\includes\functions ?

2. Have you had a look in the database to see what, if anything is being stored in the last url field?

3. Have you got the correct version of whos_online in the admin directory?

Many thanks for the reply:

1. Yep - certain

2. Nothing stored either so it looks like REQUEST_URI is for some reason returning a blank.

I know it's using the REQUEST_URI routine (I use ultimate SEO urls) as I checked by adding a character to the end of the $uri string in the section where it adds REQUEST_URI. The test character I added showed fine but not the url.

It's not a server issue as other sites are fine on the same server. It's also not an ultimate SEO url's issue as an almost identically modded site on the same server is fine using the same version of ultimate seo and identical setting.

The ONLY thing different in this site that I can think of is it made life easier for this one to use the STS. Is there any reason you can think of that STS would cause REQUEST_URI to return a blank in whois? My PHP knowledge is basic so looking deeper into that is almost impossible for me.

3. Yep, as with No.1 - uploaded the new files several times over the past few days just to treble check it wasn't something stupid like that.

I don't really know what else to suggest to you, but I'll bet the STS is the cause of the problem.

EG: There has been a number people installing this MOD that actually have CRE loaded installed, which also uses the STS MOD or something very similar and they have complained of a variety of problems. I don't recall this type of problem specifically but I'll bet someone did at least.

The only thing I could suggest from here (and I know your going to love this) is to go back over each page in this thread and see if you can find a similar error from another user. Unfortunatley a lot do not post how they fixed the problem, if they did, so you may have to try to send them a message or email and ask them.

Sorry but I don't know any other way.

I have not installed the STS MOD myself but understand of sorts of problem/s it could cause.

John

Many thanks for the reply:

1. Yep - certain

2. Nothing stored either so it looks like REQUEST_URI is for some reason returning a blank.

I know it's using the REQUEST_URI routine (I use ultimate SEO urls) as I checked by adding a character to the end of the $uri string in the section where it adds REQUEST_URI. The test character I added showed fine but not the url.

It's not a server issue as other sites are fine on the same server. It's also not an ultimate SEO url's issue as an almost identically modded site on the same server is fine using the same version of ultimate seo and identical setting.

The ONLY thing different in this site that I can think of is it made life easier for this one to use the STS. Is there any reason you can think of that STS would cause REQUEST_URI to return a blank in whois? My PHP knowledge is basic so looking deeper into that is almost impossible for me.

3. Yep, as with No.1 - uploaded the new files several times over the past few days just to treble check it wasn't something stupid like that.