• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

I have found out a bug which occurs on Mozilla Browsers (tested 1.0.6 under linux and 1.5.0.3 und windows) with this contrib.

Refresh Rate which is default to 0 (none) is interpreted from Mozilla to permanently refresh the site every 0 (immediate) seconds.

So first thing you have to activate when clicking on Who is online is to set the refresh rate to something else like 30,60,120...

everything else - great contrib, I like it ty

mfred

There is a bug or ability to hack this contribution as something deletes only the whos_online table from the database. I have searched the code and do not see where it is happening.

This person has the same problem - http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...t=0#entry855689

So let us get ot the bottom of this hack.

"There is no disgrace in not knowing, the only disgrace is not to be willing to learn." ...Benjamin Franklin

I thought I was having the same problem! But if you click the profile option(like: all or customer) it should display what is in the cart. Check it out and let me know if it's true for you too.

About this problem, i suppose should be the msql edition problem!

**Premise:custome's shopping car already had the products.

localhost test:MySQL 4.0.18-nt (customer's shopping car is normal)

virtual host:MySQL 4.0.25-standard (customer's shopping car is empty[is unable show])

whos.jpg

Has the means solution?

sorry! i'm english is poor.

I've installed the mod and doubled checked but still not able to have it get past how or where sessions are stored.

Right now they are again set to store in /tmp as several diefferent path configurations have not resolved the issue only changed the error messages or completely crash the cart.

Ok, I wouldn't mind sotring the sessions. I would think that would give some great info if I ever get that far but is that the best thing to do? And if so how?

I have several mods installed including ultimate seo url, meta tags, and google site map genertor. Not sure if they have conflicts or not but

This is the error message as it stand at the moment.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_ip_address() in

/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 377

Hope someone can help I know there is most likely an explaination already here.. but I've looked for hours and haven't been able to recognize it if there is

Edited by Mipa Jim

I've installed the mod and doubled checked but still not able to have it get past how or where sessions are stored.

Right now they are again set to store in /tmp as several diefferent path configurations have not resolved the issue only changed the error messages or completely crash the cart.

Ok, I wouldn't mind sotring the sessions. I would think that would give some great info if I ever get that far but is that the best thing to do? And if so how?

I have several mods installed including ultimate seo url, meta tags, and google site map genertor. Not sure if they have conflicts or not but

This is the error message as it stand at the moment.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_ip_address() in

/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 377

Hope someone can help I know there is most likely an explaination already here.. but I've looked for hours and haven't been able to recognize it if there is

Jim,

That function is provided in the directions. Just cut and paste it into the file noted in the directions.

ed

About this problem, i suppose should be the msql edition problem!

**Premise:custome's shopping car already had the products.

localhost test:MySQL 4.0.18-nt (customer's shopping car is normal)

virtual host:MySQL 4.0.25-standard (customer's shopping car is empty[is unable show])

Has the means solution?

sorry! i'm english is poor.

Cynthia,

Read through this thread. Your problem is most likely a problem with sessions.

ed

Has anyone figured out the WOE issue that was mentioned a few pages back? The one where many people are not seeing any cart contents. Every once in a while everyone in WOE shows having something in the cart, but in reality it's only one of them, yet they all show the same thing. Then it goes away and you have to refresh repeatedly about 10 times until you get the "everyone has the same stuff in their cart" thing again.

thanks

ciraklizer

Has anyone figured out the WOE issue that was mentioned a few pages back? The one where many people are not seeing any cart contents. Every once in a while everyone in WOE shows having something in the cart, but in reality it's only one of them, yet they all show the same thing. Then it goes away and you have to refresh repeatedly about 10 times until you get the "everyone has the same stuff in their cart" thing again.

thanks

ciraklizer

ciraklizer,

It is most likely a session configuration problem.

ed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try this one more time...

First. The problem. From time to time (almost daily) I get this problem when I use this contrib:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/www/users/myname/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 -

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id='1528' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have tried the

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

(which mine was already set like this) code...

and nothing seems to fix this problem.

Repairing the db does not fix it all the time (actually almost never now)...

Is there something I can do?

Thanks,

Pete

I find the fun in everything.

I'm going to try this one more time...

First. The problem. From time to time (almost daily) I get this problem when I use this contrib:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/www/users/myname/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 -

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id='1528' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I have tried the

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

(which mine was already set like this) code...

and nothing seems to fix this problem.

Repairing the db does not fix it all the time (actually almost never now)...

Is there something I can do?

Thanks,

Pete

Pete,

As far as I know, that select shouldn't be called in WOE. What version of WOE are you using? Does this happen on the cart or admin side?

ed

Not sure if this helps, or if it's even been mentioned:

I did a server migration with my online OSC shop, and after a nightmarish 4 hours of changing variables, sorting code etc to make it work on the new server, my Who's Online had broken.

I repeatedly got:

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id=*****

at the end of the list.

Simple solution: I dropped all the sessions from the Sessions table in my database, and finger's crossed the whole thing is faster and the problem hasn't manifested since.

1054 - Unknown column 'http_referer' in 'field list'

insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('0', 'Guest', '58c4b5c23b13ebc56922334c1ee2c95e', '60.49.79.124', '1148661310', '1148661310', '/', '', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3')

[TEP STOP]

After install, i get this error message ...

i just copy the file and paste to related path ....

ANyone meet the problem before? :(

1054 - Unknown column 'http_referer' in 'field list'

insert into whos_online (customer_id, full_name, session_id, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent) values ('0', 'Guest', '58c4b5c23b13ebc56922334c1ee2c95e', '60.49.79.124', '1148661310', '1148661310', '/', '', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3')

[TEP STOP]

After install, i get this error message ...

i just copy the file and paste to related path ....

ANyone meet the problem before? :(

aHfUi,

It looks like you missed the step in the instructions to add some fields to the whos_online table in the database. Check the instructions for the SQL code.

ed

All,

I noticed all the SQL problems, here and have a quick way I use to check all my SQL syntax and query operation.

I install the ODBC driver for my online DB then open MS-Access, use the Query Wizard or Manually enter the SQL then run it and tweak the code from there. 99% of the time, when I then drop it on the ISQL interface it runs, but once in a while, I still have some tweaking to do.

Just a thought on how to do it quick! :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :D :D

OMR

aHfUi,

It looks like you missed the step in the instructions to add some fields to the whos_online table in the database. Check the instructions for the SQL code.

ed

Thank ed,

the problem had been slove

but when i click the who's online, i found this :-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_ip_address() in /home/tn728202/public_html/shopping/admin/whos_online.php on line 377

i never change the code before.

i follow the step in READ ME, copy and paste all the file into correct path .....

Thank ed,

the problem had been slove

but when i click the who's online, i found this :-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_ip_address() in /home/tn728202/public_html/shopping/admin/whos_online.php on line 377

i never change the code before.

i follow the step in READ ME, copy and paste all the file into correct path .....

aHfUi you should install one contrib at a time and get that working.

aHfUi you should install one contrib at a time and get that working.

Hi coopco,

hi there.

I thinks i know what happend already.

This is because i not add the related to to the general.php ....

btw, thanks you very much @@~

And how u know i install more than 1 contribution :P

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my "Who's Online" module. Every time I hit Refresh, it takes it a long time to refresh and instead of the report I'm getting a Fatal error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 160 seconds exceeded in .............\osCommerce\admin\whos_online.php on line 92

What can be a problem here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Irina.