• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

>>Folks,

>>

>>The #1 problem people have with WOE is because of sessions, especially when sessions are stored in files >>as opposed to the database. Here are some troubleshooting things to try. Most of this has been discussed >>earlier in the thread.

>>

>>1) Make sure that BOTH catalog/includes/configure.php AND admin/includes/configure.php have the >>STORE_SESSIONS definition set to the same thing, either '' for files or 'mysql' for the database.

i'm also having this issue. it's terrible. none of the suggestions in POST #835 helped.

help!

ciraklizer

P@rick,

At this point, I would suggest reinstalling, making sure that you didn't miss anything (like the whos_online.php file that goes under catalog/includes/functions) or move up to a later version. I have 1.9 installed and it works well. I have not stepped up to 2.0, merely due to lack of time.

ed

Ed,

I just reinstalled WOE 2.00 (3 apr 2006) But the problem is stil there :'(

I'm a little confused

P@rick

This applies to a couple of people, try setting your sessions to be stored in the database. In BOTH catalog/includes/configure.php AND admin/includes/configure.php, change

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

ed

>>> change

>>>CODE

>>>define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

>>>

>>>to

>>>CODE

>>>define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

yes, i've followed all the directions of various approaches in this thread, nothing solves the problem. why is this happening to so many of us?

ciraklizer

Dont know if this has been asked already or not, but Im in development of a store and wont have that much traffic at first. Is there a way to store sessions on a long term basis?

Michael,

There's another contribution that does that. The name escapes me at the moment.

ed

this contrib is crap

still no fix, I get the same error as well

all my config file and settings are what they should be

cant anyone fix those codes??

I ll have to switch back to my previous whos online

It's clear you've been of great help and have not even posted a question before! :thumbsup:

There is essentially nothing wrong with this contrib but they way people install it of have their shop incorrectly configure in the first place.

No one can help you if you won't help your self to the vast array of information already available.

Iam getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_ip_address() in /home2/greatlak/public_html/admin/whos_online.php on line 634

Silly me, just added the code to generals.php and it works great..Thanks for the great contrib..

this contrib is crap

still no fix, I get the same error as well

all my config file and settings are what they should be

cant anyone fix those codes??

I ll have to switch back to my previous whos online

Pat,

Which version are you running? The one that doesn't work now and the one that did work before?

ed

Edited by medvid

I installed this and I get this error in the admin:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /mnt/web_z/d11/s44/b025debf/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

0 -

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='5031e54b212a18a4477af312fbb8bcfa'

[TEP STOP]

I ran the sql querry:ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

2B) This is brand new for v1.6.1 Beta. Run this line on your MySQL database. (through phpMyAdmin, SSH, etc.):

ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

I am using Who's Online Enhancement 2.00 full package by Webschiff dated 3 April 2006

Any suggestions,

Thanks,

Eric

hi guys

Contrib works great .. the only problem for me now is public part, infobox, that shows who's online

online.jpg

members (člani) are truly members and a lot of bots, which are blank in infobox, spaces between commas .. when truly member is, there is a name ....

any idea how to "cut OFF" these commas bots, to show truly members .. or at least break them up, and show bots separately?

thanx

I noticed another problem, potentially a bug with the sessions stored in files.

This might also apply to sessions when they are in the dabase but I got no mean of testing this at the moment.

Anyway, whats his happening, si since I got both my catalogue and admin sesssions stored as files I do get the visitors basket displayed properly.

However this is never done in the sessions language !

My store is in French and English, French is default with id 2, english got id 1.

Every single time I go to whoisonline, the languages_id global is set to 1. The cart content is always displayed in english also so I guess the change is made before to get the content from the database.

If I put back my admin sesssion to mysql (and leave the catalogue to files) , the problem stop, but I, off course, dont get the cart content no more ...

Any idea what is going wrong in the algorythm ?

hi guys

Contrib works great .. the only problem for me now is public part, infobox, that shows who's online

online.jpg

members (člani) are truly members and a lot of bots, which are blank in infobox, spaces between commas .. when truly member is, there is a name ....

any idea how to "cut OFF" these commas bots, to show truly members .. or at least break them up, and show bots separately?

thanx

Gregor,

That's a different whos online contrib. That one is for the front end shop. This thread is for the admin-side contrib.

ed

I installed this and I get this error in the admin:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /mnt/web_z/d11/s44/b025debf/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

0 -

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='5031e54b212a18a4477af312fbb8bcfa'

[TEP STOP]

I ran the sql querry:ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

2B) This is brand new for v1.6.1 Beta. Run this line on your MySQL database. (through phpMyAdmin, SSH, etc.):

ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

I am using Who's Online Enhancement 2.00 full package by Webschiff dated 3 April 2006

Any suggestions,

Thanks,

Eric

I have the same problem... trying to figure it out.

I find the fun in everything.

You may need to repair the table. Log on to phpMyAdmin, click on the whos_online table, click on Structure, and click on Repair Table. I'm assuming that you ran the SQL code in steps 2A and 2B.

Solves the problem 100%

:)

Ok. Thanks to this awesome contrib I am able to see a problem with google.

Could somebody *please* tell me where googlebot is getting this URL from that shows up in my who's online.

https://www.thebestcandles.com/unscented-pe...-pillar-candles

First of all, how the heck is bot getting into my https?

Second, I have my robots.txt (which you can see @ www.thebestcandles.com/robots.txt

Third, That url does not even exsist. BUT This one does:

http://www.thebestcandles.com/unscented-pi...71_186_188.html

which means you could, in theory access this:

https://www.thebestcandles.com/unscented-pi...71_186_188.html

Does the who's online contribution cut the urls short in the listing? Or is google doing it?

And how is it getting the https?

Thanks,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the solution (and I feel stupid).

The reason that the https shows up is because THAT is the page I'm on via the Admin Panel. (DUH!)

Anyway...

Edited by FixItPete

Well... can somebody tell me if *this* is normal? Or how I can fix it?

My Who's Online Enhancement contrib works for a little while, then I have to go and do a "Table Repair" because I get this:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/www/users/mydir/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 -

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='f6843a9df32eaba7c51f7aed3651ae22'

[TEP STOP]

at the bottom of "Who's Online" page.

Some times I even have to empty the table to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Pete