• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

i'm releasing the version 1.9 , here is the change :

1. there where still some hard coded descritpion so i added new define in the language

2. added whois on ip

//  echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . $whos_online['ip_address'];

by

echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a  href='http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=$whos_online[ip_address]' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

3. changed the point 2 with a variable, but to be tested if it doesnt work comment the ligne using variable and uncomment the whois url hardcoded ligne

//  original code of 2.8	  :  echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . $whos_online['ip_address'];  // commenter for whois by azer v1.9
// whois url hardcoded		:  echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href='http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=$whos_online[ip_address]' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";
// whois url with variable	:
 echo '<b>' . TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS . ':</b> ' . "<a href=' " . AZER_WHOSONLINE_WHOIS_URL ." '$whos_online[ip_address]' target='_new'>" . $whos_online['ip_address'] . "</a>";

4. attention , i added the definne in english in all language file , they have to be translated in the proper language

5. i'd like to add the flags like the contribution who's online + flag if someone want to help me implement it

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1096

MS2

Oh well - thanks again for the reply and trying to help. Worth mentioning that loaded uses BTS rather than STS (I keep getting the two confused as well) and I have a site running with loaded too (although would never use it on another). The BTS system that loaded uses seems fine with WOE. The problem with the STS may be in the way that it changes code on the fly. I'll try to look into it deeper for others who may find the same problem but as I say may have limited success as my PHP isn't as strong as it should be.

The really odd thing though is that now and again the page visited DOES show but for no obvious reason. 95% of the time it's blank.

Oh and once again thanks all for a great contribution!

I don't really know what else to suggest to you, but I'll bet the STS is the cause of the problem.

EG: There has been a number people installing this MOD that actually have CRE loaded installed, which also uses the STS MOD or something very similar and they have complained of a variety of problems. I don't recall this type of problem specifically but I'll bet someone did at least.

The only thing I could suggest from here (and I know your going to love this) is to go back over each page in this thread and see if you can find a similar error from another user. Unfortunatley a lot do not post how they fixed the problem, if they did, so you may have to try to send them a message or email and ask them.

Sorry but I don't know any other way.

I have not installed the STS MOD myself but understand of sorts of problem/s it could cause.

John

Silly me - it seems it had nothing to do with other contributions. The problem is caused by using 301 redirects in htaccess. For some reason when it is present (even though it is for pages not in the oscomerce system) REQUEST_URI gets flakey. Take out all 301 redirects and it works again.

If anybody has had this problem before or come across it I'd be grateful for more info. I need to use 301 redirects to help keep some very good google rankings for the site so if anybody knows why they affect the URI request...

I was looking for an edit link but couldn't find one for the previous post. It was actually the 404 redirect causing the problem. It seems a transparent spacer gif was causing a 404 error on the page which was for all practicle purposes invisible other than in the error log. With a 404 redirect in place even for a tiny gif it seems request_uri stops working 9 times out of 10.

Odd but at least it's fixed now and the error log is smaller too ;)

i don't know if it wouldn't be better to make a new thread for people taht got trouble fr bts or sts since it s really specific problems , by the way still waiting volonteers to help me setup contrib + flags !

MS2

Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.7 to 1.9. In both my images for the bots are not showing. I saw a solution for this a while ago, and I tried to find it, but I'm not able to find it. (I had to fix this the moment I found it, I know) Can you help me with this?

Denice

i don't know if it wouldn't be better to make a new thread for people taht got trouble fr bts or sts since it s really specific problems , by the way still waiting volonteers to help me setup contrib + flags !

Azer,

Regarding the STS and BTS folks, they don't know it's an STS or BTS issue until they ask here. I think it's better to have 1 thread for contribution support.

As for the flags, I think that should be discussed, along with other new development ideas, in the Contribution Development forum. I've started a new thread: Who's Online Enhancement under that area.

ed

Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.7 to 1.9. In both my images for the bots are not showing. I saw a solution for this a while ago, and I tried to find it, but I'm not able to find it. (I had to fix this the moment I found it, I know) Can you help me with this?

Denice

Denice,

Could you explain this better? The colored light legend near the upper right isn't displaying correctly? Or the little light to the left of the bot name in the main table of visitors isn't showing? What exactly isn't showing?

ed

I was wondering if there was a way to have the "Last URL" to display the the "Product Name" as a clickable link. When you have many products the Product # in the url becomes meaningless.

Thanks

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I looked at it once but, I hate to admit, it was easier to install the Ultimate SEO URLs contrib which shows the product name in the URL. :blush:

Repost that over in the new thread I started in Contribution Development and let's discuss it there.

ed

Denice,

Could you explain this better? The colored light legend near the upper right isn't displaying correctly? Or the little light to the left of the bot name in the main table of visitors isn't showing? What exactly isn't showing?

ed

The little light on the left of the bot name is not showing.

Everthing else is looking perfect.

Denice

The little light on the left of the bot name is not showing.

Everthing else is looking perfect.

Denice

Denice

Have you uploaded the images, and to the correct directory. catalog/admin/images/*.*

Yes I did, with all the other images that had to go in the same directory. All other images are showing, only the images for the bots are not

I looked to the code that calls for the images but I don't see any difference to the other images.

What can I do know, so that the pics will show?

Denice

I looked to the code that calls for the images but I don't see any difference to the other images.

Denice

The only way this can happen is if you have missed uploading ALL the images or your configure.php file is not setup correctly.

More likely the first option.

Denice

Denice,

The next time a bot comes by, check in the database in the whos_online table and see what the Bot's customer_id is. catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php writes -1 into the customer_id to flag the visitor as a bot. What's the customer_id for your bots?

ed

Ed

Quick question for you. (hah hah)

I have just click on a link in the admin whos online.

The link is displayed like this:

http://www.trublue.net.au/shop/product_info.php/cPath/58/products_id/519

When actually clicked on it says no product found.

The actual link for the same product "519" is:

http://www.trublue.net.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=115_58&products_id=519

Looking a little further I notice that 7 online right at this moment the Last URL varies with these two different types of URL's.

A classic at the moment is a bot Yahoo, 3 being on line at the moment in 3 different locations, all with different last URL's

eg:

http://www.trublue.net.au/shop/ask_a_question.php?products_id=582
http://www.trublue.net.au/shop/index.php?cPath=116_37_73/page/1/sort/6a
http://www.trublue.net.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=288

I beleive this is partialy tied up with the options in the Configuration of My Store in Admin:

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)

What concerns me some what is whether people are going to this weird URL and finding no such product, or whether it's some error in the display of the LAST URL.

Hope this makes sense. What your thoughts?

Edited by Gob

I looked through the whole thread but couldnt find my answer, I did have 1.7.1 installed at first, I thought that maybe my problem would have been fixed, but it wasnt. When I go to Whos Online with admin, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_products() in /hsphere/local/home/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/admin/whos_online.php on line 117

This code

if (is_object($cart)) {
	 $products = $cart->get_products();
	   }
	 }

Could someone please help and see what is going on here or if someone else is experiencing this.

Thanks

John,

My first thought is, don't use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development). I use Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs and it works great.

But, back to your configuration. Do you have Search-Engine Safe URLs turned on right now?

ed

Edited by medvid

John,

My first thought is, don't use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development). I use Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs and it works great.

But, back to your configuration. Do you have Search-Engine Safe URLs turned on right now?

ed

Ed

Sorry that was one bit of info I missed including.

No I don't have it turned on, but did a few months ago until I found it was causing problems with the page displays on the new server I went to.

Am looking into the ultimate SEO URLs

John

Ed

Sorry that was one bit of info I missed including.

No I don't have it turned on, but did a few months ago until I found it was causing problems with the page displays on the new server I went to.

Am looking into the ultimate SEO URLs

John

John,

It sounds like the search engines indexed you with the so called Search Engine Safe URLs and they haven't removed the pages because they are still getting a legitimate page.

ed