• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

What says your IP is 62.254.64.15 ?

Do you know how to see what your computers IP is?

Here is a picture of what the screen says. I go onto Admin then onto my site and back and it shows me as 2 IP addresses.

I am unsure why it sees me as 2 IP's?!?!

who.gif

Irina,

Search the search engine for your site and look at the URL it displays.

ed

Ok, I tryed to search a Google for my site and the links I get are: mystore.com/ osCommerce/index.php?cPath=2&page=1&sort=2a. I don't see any session in a URL. Am I getting this correctly?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Irina.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate all those involved in this contribution - it is great and I love the fact that it updates automatically!

In the online column the values are always 00:00:00 is there anything that can be done about this?

Very happy user,

Regards,

Clive

In the online column the values are always 00:00:00 is there anything that can be done about this?

Clive,

Glad you like it. I assume that you've clicked around your catalog a few seconds so that you know the online time should be greater than 0:00:00. The code that calculates it is around line 342:

$time_online = ($whos_online['time_last_click'] - $whos_online['time_entry']);

and then it gets displayed around line 393:

<!-- Time Online Column -->
			<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>">
			  <?php echo gmdate('H:i:s', $time_online); ?>
			</font> </td>

I would check those lines to make sure thay are correct.

ed

Clive,

Glad you like it. I assume that you've clicked around your catalog a few seconds so that you know the online time should be greater than 0:00:00. The code that calculates it is around line 342:

$time_online = ($whos_online['time_last_click'] - $whos_online['time_entry']);

and then it gets displayed around line 393:

<!-- Time Online Column -->
			<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><font color="<?php echo $fg_color; ?>">
			  <?php echo gmdate('H:i:s', $time_online); ?>
			</font> </td>

I would check those lines to make sure thay are correct.

ed

I should have tested it further, my apologies it works!! Users hey!!!

Thanks again :)

Regards,

Clive

I should have tested it further, my apologies it works!! Users hey!!!

Thanks again :)

Hello again,

I have just sat and watched a customer make a purchase through the most excellent who's online enhancement (fun!).

It didn't seem to show that the customer had something in their cart (Active/cart )throughout the process the status stayed on Active/nocart. Is this a known bug/issue or is it another user error?

Many thanks

Regards,

Clive

error: when using the refresh while a customer is in shopping cart

Warning: main(includes/languages/logger): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

\httpdocs\osCommerce\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 133

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/logger' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in \httpdocs\osCommerce\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 133

I got this same error. Was there every a fix for it? I am using the file system, upgrading from the last version which is working fine (except no shopping cart info). But when I tried this version, it worked for a minute and then poof my admin section, every page, had white screen with the above error. I had to uninstall the upgrade and clear my cache to get the admin to return.

Any ideas?

I have just sat and watched a customer make a purchase through the most excellent who's online enhancement (fun!).

It didn't seem to show that the customer had something in their cart (Active/cart )throughout the process the status stayed on Active/nocart. Is this a known bug/issue or is it another user error?

Clive,

Where do you store your sessions? You need to check in both catalog/includes/config.php AND admin/includes/config.php.

ed

I got this same error. Was there every a fix for it? I am using the file system, upgrading from the last version which is working fine (except no shopping cart info). But when I tried this version, it worked for a minute and then poof my admin section, every page, had white screen with the above error. I had to uninstall the upgrade and clear my cache to get the admin to return.

Any ideas?

Andrea,

Where do you store your sessions? Look in both catalog/includes/config.php AND admin/includes/config.php.

ed

Here is a picture of what the screen says. I go onto Admin then onto my site and back and it shows me as 2 IP addresses.

I am unsure why it sees me as 2 IP's?!?!

who.gif

Andy

Please go back over my responses to your questions. You are not answering my questions. Unless you do everything else is irrelivant.

John

Clive,

Where do you store your sessions? You need to check in both catalog/includes/config.php AND admin/includes/config.php.

ed

Andrea,

Where do you store your sessions? Look in both catalog/includes/config.php AND admin/includes/config.php.

ed

Ed,

thanks for the reply. This is one of my favorite contribs, so I really hope to get this working :)

My settings are correct, i use file storage, both config files are set as such, the path is the full path in session config in admin and is chmoded correctly. The sessions are being created in the file storage, and the whos_online info is going into the DB. I have done a bit of testing and recoding before posting, nothing seems to work. I seem to be having the same problem as a few other folks. Basicly, there is an error when one of the inactive cart lights tries to access the whos_online table in the last time clicked row and the time entry row.

THis error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/home/www/vhosts/mydomain/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 - 

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='964b75d20d7f1e8933bddc2bb4d2c34c'

This is the code giving the error

$which_query = $session_data;							   
 $who_data =   tep_db_query("select session_id, time_entry, time_last_click from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " where session_id='" . $session_id . "'");
 $who_query = tep_db_fetch_array($who_data);	 

// Determine if visitor active/inactive
 $xx_mins_ago_long = (time() - $active_time);

// Determine Bot active/inactive
 if( $customer_id < 0 ) {
// inactive 
if ($who_query['time_last_click'] < $xx_mins_ago_long) {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_inactive_bot, TEXT_STATUS_INACTIVE_BOT);
// active 
} else {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_active_bot, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_BOT);
}
}	

// Determine active/inactive and cart/no cart status
 // no cart
 if ( sizeof($products) == 0 ) {
// inactive 
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_inactive_nocart, TEXT_STATUS_INACTIVE_NOCART);
// active 
} else {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_active_nocart, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_NOCART);
}
 // cart
} else { 
// inactive
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_inactive_cart, TEXT_STATUS_INACTIVE_CART);
// active
} else {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_active_cart, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_CART);
}
 }

After this error, sometimes I get the above error I mentioned a couple posts back where I must clear my cache before I can use my admin again. If I remove the above bit of code, I lose my cart lights, but the error disappears.

I checked the thread, and this problem (above mysql error) has been happening with people since the begining of the cart lights from the looks of it. No one seems to have found an answer though.

Another weird problem I am getting is that sometimes I can see what's in the cart, and sometimes I can't. I can put an item in my cart. See the cart light on in WOE and then click my line to see what I have in it and it says empty, then if I click a few other lines and come back it might show what's in my cart.

Most of these problems seem to have to do with the file system, but truthfully I would rather have a faster front end then see what's in a user's cart... So I have to stick to file system. :P

I've been trying to figure out why that mysql call causes errors, but I just can't pin point it.

I am hoping maybe we can put our heads together and figure this out, from the amount of times I saw this issue brought up in this thread it might help a bunch of people.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I was coding some software as a project this weekend, but am focused on getting this to work instead. :)

Andrea

These sort of problems you are describing are usually caused by one of the following:

1. If updating from a previous version. Not updating the Database Tables as required.

2. If updating, not replacing the whos_online.php file in catalog/includes/functions/ with the new one.

or

3. Not adding the entry into catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php as per the instructions or adding it in a second time.

Have a double check of these things and see how it goes.

Ed,

thanks for the reply. This is one of my favorite contribs, so I really hope to get this working :)

My settings are correct, i use file storage, both config files are set as such, the path is the full path in session config in admin and is chmoded correctly. The sessions are being created in the file storage, and the whos_online info is going into the DB. I have done a bit of testing and recoding before posting, nothing seems to work. I seem to be having the same problem as a few other folks. Basicly, there is an error when one of the inactive cart lights tries to access the whos_online table in the last time clicked row and the time entry row.

THis error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/home/www/vhosts/mydomain/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 - 

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='964b75d20d7f1e8933bddc2bb4d2c34c'

This is the code giving the error

$which_query = $session_data;							   
 $who_data =   tep_db_query("select session_id, time_entry, time_last_click from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " where session_id='" . $session_id . "'");
 $who_query = tep_db_fetch_array($who_data);	 

// Determine if visitor active/inactive
 $xx_mins_ago_long = (time() - $active_time);

// Determine Bot active/inactive
 if( $customer_id < 0 ) {
// inactive 
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_inactive_bot, TEXT_STATUS_INACTIVE_BOT);
// active 
} else {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_active_bot, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_BOT);
}
}	

// Determine active/inactive and cart/no cart status
 // no cart
 if ( sizeof($products) == 0 ) {
// inactive 
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_inactive_nocart, TEXT_STATUS_INACTIVE_NOCART);
// active 
} else {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_active_nocart, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_NOCART);
}
 // cart
} else { 
// inactive
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_inactive_cart, TEXT_STATUS_INACTIVE_CART);
// active
} else {
  return tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $status_active_cart, TEXT_STATUS_ACTIVE_CART);
}
 }

After this error, sometimes I get the above error I mentioned a couple posts back where I must clear my cache before I can use my admin again. If I remove the above bit of code, I lose my cart lights, but the error disappears.

I checked the thread, and this problem (above mysql error) has been happening with people since the begining of the cart lights from the looks of it. No one seems to have found an answer though.

Another weird problem I am getting is that sometimes I can see what's in the cart, and sometimes I can't. I can put an item in my cart. See the cart light on in WOE and then click my line to see what I have in it and it says empty, then if I click a few other lines and come back it might show what's in my cart.

Most of these problems seem to have to do with the file system, but truthfully I would rather have a faster front end then see what's in a user's cart... So I have to stick to file system. :P

I've been trying to figure out why that mysql call causes errors, but I just can't pin point it.

I am hoping maybe we can put our heads together and figure this out, from the amount of times I saw this issue brought up in this thread it might help a bunch of people.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I was coding some software as a project this weekend, but am focused on getting this to work instead. :)

Andrea

These sort of problems you are describing are usually caused by one of the following:

1. If updating from a previous version. Not updating the Database Tables as required.

2. If updating, not replacing the whos_online.php file in catalog/includes/functions/ with the new one.

or

3. Not adding the entry into catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php as per the instructions or adding it in a second time.

Have a double check of these things and see how it goes.

1. done

2. done

3. done

Trust me, I checked and doubled checked everything before asking :P I even tried recoding it to see if I could work around it.

I think I have narrowed it down possibly though. It looks like it might be getting caused by 2 rows inserted into the whos_online table using the same ip address. WHen there are two entries with the same ip it seems to through the error. Usually when you manually delete the second row with the dup ip the error goes away.

I have double checked. It does seem the error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 - 

select session_id, time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='05d700332c3b913874a89492ac47d820'

[TEP STOP]

Only pops up when there are two entries in the db table with the same IP. That shouldn't be a problem, from what I can tell, but I am going to check the code to see if I can find out why.

Hi. Problem:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in .../admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

0 -

Any idea?

Thanks

A lot of folks have gotten this error before. Can you do me a favor. Next time that error pops up, check your DB and see if the whos_online table has 2 rows in it with the same ip for both? I am trying to pin point the bug so I can fix it. The error doesn't always happen so it is hard to figure out. Also, test it and see if you are getting the error after you add something to your cart. You can look at the line right above the error to see which is the last entry the script is processing before making the error and look in the DB to see if it is yours or not.

Hopefully we can get this bug squished.

Sorry, it was user error - it works.

Is there a way of creating a log file of all activity?

Regards

Clive,

There's another contrib for that called Visitor stats (I think).

ed

I have double checked. It does seem the error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45
0 - 

select session_id, time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='05d700332c3b913874a89492ac47d820'

[TEP STOP]

Only pops up when there are two entries in the db table with the same IP. That shouldn't be a problem, from what I can tell, but I am going to check the code to see if I can find out why.

Firstly let me say that there is no bug in this MOD. This problem is usually caused by either a conflict with some other MOD installed or user misconfigured or wrong files installed.

That's why (I assume) in the past when this problem has cropped up with others there has been no response back in the end as to what the solution was.

So lets go through a few things to ensure all has been done.

1. Session Settings in Admin Control.

Session Directory: /home/trublue/sessions (Recommended setting. This is before your Public address. Enusure directory is created via FTP program and usually needs to be CHMOD'd to 777 )

Force Cookie Use: False

Check SSL Session ID: False

Check User Agent: False

Check IP Address: False

Prevent Spider Sessions: True

Recreate Session: True

2. If this is done as above then with FTP program view and refresh the Session Directory view.

3. Are there any files in the session directory?

4. If there are files in the session directory, but your Who is Online is still not working correctly, Delete all files in the session directory to start fresh. (CAUTION try to ensure no one has products in a cart or this will be lost on them) Then check Who is Online again.

Also don't forget that especially with the browser IE this program often does not refresh it's own cache properly. If you suspect this, while on the page you want press and hold CTRL the press "R" on your keyboard. This will force the browser to refresh it's cache.

5. If still no luck. Ensure you have the whos_online.php file in the catalog/ directory and that it is the latest and that is the correct file in this directory.

6. Ensure you have this entry in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php just before the last ?> and that you do not have this duplicated in the file somewhere.

function tep_get_ip_address() {
if (isset($_SERVER)) {
  if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) {
	$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];
  } elseif (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {
	$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];
  } else {
	$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
  }
} else {
  if (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR')) {
	$ip = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');
  } elseif (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {
	$ip = getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP');
  } else {
	$ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');
  }
}

return $ip;
 }

6. I think lastly, ensure you have updated the SQL table. It should look like this:

whos_online_sql.jpg

So lets go through a few things to ensure all has been done.

1. Session Settings in Admin Control.

Session Directory: /home/trublue/sessions (Recommended setting. This is before your Public address. Enusure directory is created via FTP program and usually needs to be CHMOD'd to 777 )

Force Cookie Use: False

Check SSL Session ID: False

Check User Agent: False

Check IP Address: False

Prevent Spider Sessions: True

Recreate Session: True

Thanks a lot. I change |Recreate Session| to True and all works ;)

Regards

Pawel

Thanks! It works ;) Now |Recreate Session: True| and |Check IP Address: False|

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot. I change |Recreate Session| to True and all works ;)

Regards

Pawel

Thanks! It works ;) Now |Recreate Session: True| and |Check IP Address: False|

Thanks a lot

Wonderful.

About time we had some success with someones troubles :P

i've read through pages and pages of this topic, seen many similar problems but no solution.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

both users and bots have no useragents.

here's an example of what they all look like:

inktomi bot:

05:39:33 19:55:37 /blabla.html Y Name: Guest

Customer ID: 0

IP Address: 68.142.249.91

User Agent:

osCsid:

customer:

19:54:39 19:56:06 /blabla.html Y Y

Name: Guest

IP Address: 68.xx.xx.xx

User Agent:

osCsid: 625b337b26710460xxe21a2dxxxbd3xx

Referer: http://www.xx.com

i've read through pages and pages of this topic, seen many similar problems but no solution.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

both users and bots have no useragents.

here's an example of what they all look like:

inktomi bot:

05:39:33 19:55:37 /blabla.html Y Name: Guest

IP Address: 68.142.249.91

User Agent:

osCsid:

customer:

19:54:39 19:56:06 /blabla.html Y Y

Name: Guest

IP Address: 68.xx.xx.xx

User Agent:

osCsid: 625b337b26710460xxe21a2dxxxbd3xx

Referer: http://www.xx.com

Have you set ALL your settings exactly the same as listed above? With no exceptions.

Have you set ALL your settings exactly the same as listed above? With no exceptions.

And have you uploaded the catalog/includes/whos_online.php? Most of the missing data is written to the database on the catalog side.

ed