• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

any idea how to remove bots from members display in infobox? ... instead of blank spaces and commas

( , , John, Andrea, , ) .. those between commas are bots .. i figured out ..

Gregor,

Are you talking about a CATALOG-Side, show user's names Who's Online box? Like at the bottom of this forum site? If so, the Who's Online Enhancement contrib doesn't do this. This thread is for WOE.

ed

hmm .. confused .. :)

yes i'm talking about catalog side infobox .. when i updated this contribution a infobox on catalog side began to show bots as "commas"

sorry .. confused

Medvid (or anyone),

I posted my view source, can anyone tell me what is causing that?

Craig

Craig

What you have shown there is not the correct view source that you should be seeing at all. Whilst there is some basic info missing there is also lines missing that should be in the sections above.

So I suggest you have another good look entirely at the file you have uploaded to your server and/or the original file.

This problem your having appears to be entirely self inflicted. eg have you got the right, latest contrib?

I seem to be having this problem with the 1.7.1v after I installed it, I am getting this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'user_agent' in 'field list'

select customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, http_referer, user_agent, session_id from whos_online order by time_last_click DESC

[TEP STOP]

Nevermind, got it the first post fixed

OK, well now im having a different problem

getting this when someone is viewing:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_products() in /hsphere/local/home/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/admin/whos_online.php on line 117

This is whats on line 117:

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_cart = $cart;

$cart = new shoppingCart;

$cart->unserialize($broken_cart);

}

if (is_object($cart)) {

$products = $cart->get_products(); <-------------------LINE 117

}

}

$which_query = $session_data;

$who_data = tep_db_query("select time_entry, time_last_click

from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . "

where session_id='" . $session_id .

Edited by aodfan

Can anyone help me? I am going nuts over this, I cannot figure it out!

My Who's Online page does not display any data even though data is in the database. I did a view source on the page and the LAST code in the page is:

<tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)">

I looked in the whos_online.php file and here is the code where it is stopping (at the end):

/* BEGIN COUNT MOD */

if ($old_array['ip_address'] == $whos_online['ip_address']) {

$i++;

}

/* END COUNT MOD */

if ($whos_online['session_id'] == $info) {

if($whos_online['http_referer'] != "")

{

$http_referer_url = $whos_online['http_referer'];

}

echo '<tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)">' . "\n";

The rest of the file is there, it is just not being processed for some reason. I have looked at it and cannot tell why. I am no expect though.

I have replaced all the files TWICE from the downloaded files so I know I have not changed anything.

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help me figure out what in the WORLD is going on here?

Thanks!!!

Craig

EDIT .......

UN BEEE LEAVEABLE!

(Unbelievable, I really know how to spell : )

I looked at the instructions again and saw the code (again) that you "may" have to add to the bottom of general.php. I had added this when I first installed this but it caused the blank page of death so I removed it. I added it again just now and not only did I not get the BPOD (I made it up guys, but you can use it. : ) but now the PAGE WORKS!!!

WOO HOO!!

I wish I could say thanks for the help but no one ever seems to offer much help to me on the forums. : ( I don't know why, do I act mean or something? :-D

Anyway, glad its working! Hope this helps someone else!

Craig

Edited by zboyblue

Craig the reason for little help especially on this thread now is because every conceivable issue has been covered at leat twice.

So it's really only a case of going through this thread for the answer. It's called self help first.

As stated above your issue is/was, because you did not follow the instructions carefully and hence installed correctly. The reason it now works where before it didn't is obviously because this time you put the code in the correct place.

Also while you are using the creloaded version especially because it has the template system installed it is always going to be that much harder.

Non of these mods are made specifically for templates. So you are going to have to work and learn a lot more yourself how to fix problems.

James your issue is the same. You have not read the instructions supplied, properly.

Re read carefully and check your positions of where you have installed additional code and that All code is installed as instructed. You can not just install it anywhere unless the writer of the mod has said you can. And or you know exactly what you are doing.

John

Well you know .. if it was as easy as following the directions there would hardly be a need for a help forum would there? Most people problems are caused by code in the wrong place (If they KNEW it was in the wrong place they wouldnt have PUT it there!) or some other code messing it up.

In my case I had already put the code where it belonged and it broke my shop. I assume (now) because there was some OTHER code that was wrong and when I saw the broken shop I reversed everything. Then assuming the last thing I did was the problem I did not add it again (BECAUSE the instructions SAID you MAY need this)

SO my problem was a perfect one for someone to chime in and help me out on. Its not like I cant read directions, we all do something wrong here and there. It is when people point it out to us that we move along quicker. I DID figure it out myself but it would have been nice to just have had someone suggest something to look at (like Medvid did once) ... that made me think about the problem in that way which eventually led me to dig deeper and find the problem.

I cannot complain about free advice, I just get frustrated when I help others (in various threads) when I know about their problem but very seldom does anyone reply to my issues. I had assumed because my issues are generally complex and not super simple things but I am not sure ...

I dont know .. anyway .. I have it working and yay. I am already thinking of ways to improve. Like maybe a historical "who's BEEN online" type thing. I have supertracker which I like but I wish I could combine features from both contibs. THat would be nice.

Craig

Does this module provide a whois type return for the ip address that is online or was recently online?

It provides ip address whois

Well you know .. if it was as easy as following the directions there would hardly be a need for a help forum would there? Most people problems are caused by code in the wrong place (If they KNEW it was in the wrong place they wouldnt have PUT it there!) or some other code messing it up.

In my case I had already put the code where it belonged and it broke my shop. I assume (now) because there was some OTHER code that was wrong and when I saw the broken shop I reversed everything. Then assuming the last thing I did was the problem I did not add it again (BECAUSE the instructions SAID you MAY need this)

SO my problem was a perfect one for someone to chime in and help me out on. Its not like I cant read directions, we all do something wrong here and there. It is when people point it out to us that we move along quicker. I DID figure it out myself but it would have been nice to just have had someone suggest something to look at (like Medvid did once) ... that made me think about the problem in that way which eventually led me to dig deeper and find the problem.

I cannot complain about free advice, I just get frustrated when I help others (in various threads) when I know about their problem but very seldom does anyone reply to my issues. I had assumed because my issues are generally complex and not super simple things but I am not sure ...

I dont know .. anyway .. I have it working and yay. I am already thinking of ways to improve. Like maybe a historical "who's BEEN online" type thing. I have supertracker which I like but I wish I could combine features from both contibs. THat would be nice.

Craig

Exactly as stated the problem was self inflicted, not following the instructions carefully.

If a person is a real novice at this mod addition stuff they must very carefully follow the instruction all that much more.

RE:-

I told you why in the last post.

This particular mod has been done to death regarding all possible problems. As stated if you have a problem look through the thread you WILL find the answer. It's called self help, rather than expecting other people to fix your problem because you/anyone does not want to look through the thread or the instructions properly and double and triple or quaddruple check themselves.

You/no one will learn anything if someone else just does it for you! If a person does not want to leard then find someone that you can pay to have it done for you.

James your issue is the same. You have not read the instructions supplied, properly.

Re read carefully and check your positions of where you have installed additional code and that All code is installed as instructed. You can not just install it anywhere unless the writer of the mod has said you can. And or you know exactly what you are doing.

John

John, I do believe I have followed the install, the file that it is pertaining to, is a file that was supplied in the mod.

admin/whos_online.php

so it was an already modded file. Dont know whats going on...

Thanks

John, I do believe I have followed the install, the file that it is pertaining to, is a file that was supplied in the mod.

admin/whos_online.php

so it was an already modded file. Dont know whats going on...

Thanks

James

That call function really should not be a problem.

That call I believe ties in with a file in admin/includes/functions/general.php

Have you been doing anything in that file at all.

If so back track on it, or compare it to an original to ensure all is still as it should be.

I don't believe this is a whos_online mod issue as much as this mod has possibly shown up some other problem.

Hope this helps.

SHOW me WHERE in this thread there was an answer to my problem! I DO read and/or search for at LEAST an HOUR before asking! Over time I have learned the entire structure of osCommerce and have modded the crap out of my store by "figuring out" what code does and using it in other places. I am not a moron. You can call me a novice because I AM in that I cannot "write" code from scratch and am nothing compared to most people on this forum, I admit that. THATS why I ask questions.

I have a question ... does acting like an axx towards me make you feel better or help me or anyone else in any way? The point of this forum and ALL tech forums is to HELP in an opensource type way the people that need it. If someone would have said "This has been talked about somewhere about 10 pages ago" I would have read EVERY page until I found it. If someone would have said ANYTHING I would have followed that instruction. No one said anything until I fixed my own problem and then you come along telling me I am an idiot pretty much. If people do not want to help, fine but don't feel the need to beat me up once I have fixed my own problem.

If you are not going to HELP me when I have a problem then simply do not reply, I dont need your negativity.

As for everyone else that HAS replied in a positive way to any of my posts anywhere on this forum I thank you.

Edited by zboyblue

Well i mostly got my problem fixed, found out the call was an extra that wasnt deleted from the modded file. the other is towards the bottom, everything works now, but i am getting this error at the top, which is just annoying:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_products() in /hsphere/local/home/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/admin/whos_online.php on line 619

this is the code:

}

if (is_object($cart)) {

$products = $cart->get_products(); <----line 619

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($products); $i < $n; $i++) {

$contents[] = array('text' => $products[$i]['quantity'] . ' x ' . $products[$i]['name']);

}

if (sizeof($products) > 0) {

$contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1'));

$contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => TEXT_SHOPPING_CART_SUBTOTAL . ' ' . $currencies->format($cart->show_total(), true, $currency));

} else {

$contents[] = array('text' => 'Empty');

}

}

}

}

Oh, well if there a fix for it later ill do it then.

Thanks for the help.

Well i mostly got my problem fixed, found out the call was an extra that wasnt deleted from the modded file. the other is towards the bottom, everything works now, but i am getting this error at the top, which is just annoying:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_products() in /hsphere/local/home/aodfan/alteredmotorsports.com/admin/whos_online.php on line 619

this is the code:

}

if (is_object($cart)) {

$products = $cart->get_products(); <----line 619

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($products); $i < $n; $i++) {

$contents[] = array('text' => $products[$i]['quantity'] . ' x ' . $products[$i]['name']);

}

if (sizeof($products) > 0) {

$contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_black.gif', '100%', '1'));

$contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => TEXT_SHOPPING_CART_SUBTOTAL . ' ' . $currencies->format($cart->show_total(), true, $currency));

} else {

$contents[] = array('text' => 'Empty');

}

}

}

}

Oh, well if there a fix for it later ill do it then.

Thanks for the help.

James there is 2 calls to the same type of function for very good reason. All you have done is allow the problem to crop up again down further.

Have you done as I suggested, did you find anything?

SHOW me WHERE in this thread there was an answer to my problem! I DO read and/or search for at LEAST an HOUR before asking! Over time I have learned the entire structure of osCommerce and have modded the crap out of my store by "figuring out" what code does and using it in other places. I am not a moron. You can call me a novice because I AM in that I cannot "write" code from scratch and am nothing compared to most people on this forum, I admit that. THATS why I ask questions.

I have a question ... does acting like an axx towards me make you feel better or help me or anyone else in any way? The point of this forum and ALL tech forums is to HELP in an opensource type way the people that need it. If someone would have said "This has been talked about somewhere about 10 pages ago" I would have read EVERY page until I found it. If someone would have said ANYTHING I would have followed that instruction. No one said anything until I fixed my own problem and then you come along telling me I am an idiot pretty much. If people do not want to help, fine but don't feel the need to beat me up once I have fixed my own problem.

If you are not going to HELP me when I have a problem then simply do not reply, I dont need your negativity.

As for everyone else that HAS replied in a positive way to any of my posts anywhere on this forum I thank you.

Craig,

It appears that your specific problem wasn't answered before. Gob's point (if I may speak for him) is that most of the problems posted to this thread about WOE have turned out to be a problem with the user's configuration or session settings, not the WOE code itself. It gets a little frustrating to deal with yet another person who has their sessions stored in /tmp or who simply didn't follow the install instructions. I know your problem didn't fall under that category. In that way, you were a bit of a rarity on the thread.

Yes the forums are here for people to ask and others to answer. Many people, and Gob in particular, have helped answer questions on this thread. I am the latest person to pick up the WOE development and run with it for a few versions. I have been repsonsible for some of the problems with the install packages and the code. The use of the word "may" appears to be my latest. I have Gob, BoulderDash, and others to thank for helping answer those problems and provide code for many of the enhancements.

One thing I have noticed here is that many people do not come back and say if a suggestion worked. In your case, I'm still not sure if you've got it fixed and what the solution was. I know you were frustrated. Hang in there. We are all in this together or there wouldn't be any threads at all.

ed

Medvid,

THANK you SO much for your positive reply! I completely understand how frustrating it can be to answer the same questions over and over, I have owned a few internet providers in the past and answering peoples questions over and over and over with no chance of them getting an answer from anyone but you is even more frustrating, you KNOW they are going to call no matter what! At least with a forum there is a chance they will find the solution themselves, thats SOME hope at least. : )

I appreciate the efforts of all that try to help, I DO. Without those people no one would get anywhere. I myself TRY to help where I can even though I have limited abilities. I figure it is one less thing someone that knows what they are doing will have to do, my way of attempting to help I guess.

Anyway, thanks so much for your participation in this contrib, I really enjoy it and hope it justs get better and better. It is so nice to see where people are coming from and what they did, etc.

One suggestion (if I may) would be to sort of combine Supertracker with Who's Online so that you would have historical data but presented in a nice visual way like Who's Online.

Anyway, THANKS for your help and thanks to everyone else that helps others!

Craig

James there is 2 calls to the same type of function for very good reason. All you have done is allow the problem to crop up again down further.

Have you done as I suggested, did you find anything?

Yea, I compared them, there wasnt any differences in my general from a stock file, other than the testimonial mod, but that did change anything after I moved that around either, On the file supplied admin/whosonline.php, seemed to be the one thats giving me issues, I cant figure it out other than what I have done. I obviously not well attuned with php yet. So I dont know what the problem is....

airolg,

Much earlier in this thread someone asked for the sound of "ka-ching" when a customer put something in their cart. I've not played with starting sound files in a web page but it should be doable. The trick is the event. You don't want the sound while they're they're. You want it when they first enter which means you don't want it the next time you refresh and they're still there.

ed

Craig,

I'll take a look at supertracker.

ed