• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancement 1.4

Irina,

Prevent Spider Sessions and a good spiders.txt file takes care of that for you.  However, if Bots indexed your page before you had that turned on, then they would have stored session ids in their search engine index.  In that case, they would be coming in with old session ids.

I asked about the WOE version and the country mod to see if it was possibly an issue from an earlier version.

ed

Ed's (medvid) suggestion

I might suggest trying this.  Turn line 173:

} elseif (SESSION_BLOCK_SPIDERS == 'True') {

into 2 lines:

}

if (SESSION_BLOCK_SPIDERS == 'True') {

and 'Prevent Spider Sessions' ON, makes my WOE identify spiders and get User Agent and osCid data. But spiders get sessions now. I know that 'Prevent Spider Sessions' should prevent spiders from getting sessions, but it doesn't after I made the above change. What I'm trying to do is have all WOE functions work properly along with 'Prevent Spider Sessions' do its job. But in current conditions it's impossible. Some modifications are required. Could you please give me any advises. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Irina.

Hi,

I have a little problem with WOE how everything is listed. Sometimes everthing is just fine, but a few minutes later it doesn't show the shoping cart anymore and the bottom lines like refferer url and everything that is written below that line doesn't show up.

Another problem is, that I can't click on an Ip adress or an link, that somebody is visiting. Than Who is Online is starting to refresh every second. That happens all the time.

I can only see the shopping cart from a visitor, when he is listed in first row. If somebody else is listed above the shopping cart doesn't show up anymore.

Can somebody please help me.

Alexander Wolf

Hi,

I have a little problem with WOE how everything is listed. Sometimes everthing is just fine, but a few minutes later it doesn't show the shoping cart anymore and the bottom lines like refferer url and everything that is written below that line doesn't show up.

Another problem is, that I can't click on an Ip adress or an link, that somebody is visiting. Than Who is Online is starting to refresh every second. That happens all the time.

I can only see the shopping cart from a visitor, when he is listed in first row. If somebody else is listed above the shopping cart doesn't show up anymore.

Alexander Wolf

Hard to tell for the refresh problem but for the shopping cart to become visible again you have to click first on the row for the visitor which has something in his/her cart.

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to add this contrib, and I'm quite new at this.....

I'm reading through and I'm quite lost! I don't know the difference between storing sessions in files or in mySql.

Right now my session directory is in /tmp.

What steps should I take to back up and then add the contrib?

Thanks for your help,

Can anyone suggest a course of action?

THank you,

Cath,

You need to check catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php. At the bottom of both of these files will be a line that says either:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');
or
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

The first option sets the user's sessions (cart/login/etc.) data to be stored on a file on the server. That file is stored in /tmp based on your configuration. The second option sets the user's session data in the MySQL database.

Files are considered faster but mysql is more foolproof (meaning it's easier to do.) It's your choice. Check BOTH of the files above and let us know what they say.

ed

Cath,

You need to check catalog/includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.  At the bottom of both of these files will be a line that says either:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');
or
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

The first option sets the user's sessions (cart/login/etc.) data to be stored on a file on the server.  That file is stored in /tmp based on your configuration.  The second option sets the user's session data in the MySQL database.

Files are considered faster but mysql is more foolproof (meaning it's easier to do.) It's your choice.  Check BOTH of the files above and let us know what they say.

ed

in both it says:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql')

So what does this mean for installing the contribution?

in both it says:
  define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql')

So what does this mean for installing the contribution?

Cath,

It means you should have a fairly straight forward time of it. Just follow the directions and post here if you have any problems.

ed

Ok I've got everything installed & working.... well at least I think it's working... Seems to be working.... Anyways, the only issue that I have is the whole date thing.... This is what I'm showing....

"Last Refresh: 8/30/105 10:00 p.m."

Anyone have an idea where to start looking? I read 25 pages & I gave up!

Thx again for the great contribution!

Ok I've got everything installed & working.... well at least I think it's working... Seems to be working....  Anyways, the only issue that I have is the whole date thing....  This is what I'm showing....

"Last Refresh: 8/30/105  10:00 p.m."

Anyone have an idea where to start looking? I read 25 pages & I gave up!

Thx again for the great contribution!

Joel

I don't know exactly what the cause of your YEAR error is but I will try to point you in the right direction

Firstly the time and date is drawn from your computer settings.

Are you running Windows 98/SE? Have you set the year 2000 fix in the dates(Regional Settings) section. eg: default d/MM/yy change to: d/MM/yyyy

Alternatively if not running Win98, Do you have the correct regional settings setup on your computer?

Next alternative is to remove the Date code from script (as it actually irrelivent any way) and just display the time stamp.

Find (catalog/admin/whos_online.php):

<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
Stamp = new Date();
document.write('<font size="2" face="Arial" color="blue">Last Refresh: ' + Stamp.getDate() + "/" + (Stamp.getMonth() + 1) + "/" + Stamp.getYear() + '  ');
var Hours;
var Mins;
var Time;
Hours = Stamp.getHours();
if (Hours >= 12) {
Time = " p.m.";
}
else {
Time = " a.m.";
}
if (Hours > 12) {
Hours -= 12;
}
if (Hours == 0) {
Hours = 12;
}
Mins = Stamp.getMinutes();
if (Mins < 10) {
Mins = "0" + Mins;
}	
document.write('  ' + Hours + ":" + Mins + Time + '</font>');
// End -->
</script>

Replace with this:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
Stamp = new Date();
document.write('<font size="2" face="Arial" color="blue">Last Refresh: ');
var Hours;
var Mins;
var Time;
Hours = Stamp.getHours();
if (Hours >= 12) {
Time = " p.m.";
}
else {
Time = " a.m.";
}
if (Hours > 12) {
Hours -= 12;
}
if (Hours == 0) {
Hours = 12;
}
Mins = Stamp.getMinutes();
if (Mins < 10) {
Mins = "0" + Mins;
}	
document.write(' ' + Hours + ":" + Mins + Time + '</font>');
// End -->
</script>

Ok, that's really weird! Thanks for the information; however, now it's looking fine!

I acutally run XP on my home PC & 2000 on my work PC. On my work PC it's showing the right date... Haven't checked yet on my home PC.

Hi,

Alexander Wolf

I also get this more often that not at the moment - does anyone know why - or if there is a fix?

Thanks for any help/comments.

Regards,

Lewis Hill

When there is 150 online and 75 of them are bots, it kind of a lot of information! :)

How about creating posibility to:

Do not display bots

Total Bots: xxx

Group bots and show total quantity

Google bots: 12

Slurp bots: 4

etc

Total Bots: xxx

I think it's a great enhancement but am unable to complete the installation.

I need help with making the changes to phpMyAdmin files and can't seem to get it right. I am inexperienced at this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS PART:

1) Backup SQL Database, and all files affected by this contribution.<br>

<br>

2A) Run this line on your MySQL database <b>if you've <strong>never</strong> installed a previous version of this contribution!</b>

(through phpMyAdmin, SSH, etc.):<br>

<code>ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;</code><br>

<br>

2B) This is brand new for v1.6.1 Beta. Run this line on your MySQL database.</b>

<code>ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;</code><br>

<br>

I keep getting an error message that the #1103 Incorrect table name

HELP!

Peter

Folks,

I updated Who's Online Enhancement to v1.4.

Post any and all comments, suggestions, questions, complaints here.

Ed

I'm sure there is if you now how to program the url link.

However to just click on one link to start the auto refresh seems a minor inconvience. Also to have auto refresh as a default would undoubtly cause other problems for others.

This is a customisation I personaly do not recommend nor do I think it is worth the mucking around with.

I think it's a great enhancement but am unable to complete the installation.

I need help with making the changes to phpMyAdmin files and can't seem to get it right. I am inexperienced at this.

THIS PART:

1) Backup SQL Database, and all files affected by this contribution.<br>

<br>

2A) Run this line on your MySQL database <b>if you've <strong>never</strong> installed a previous version of this contribution!</b>

<code>ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD http_referer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;</code><br>

<br>

2B) This is brand new for v1.6.1 Beta.  Run this line on your MySQL database.</b>

<code>ALTER TABLE whos_online ADD user_agent VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;</code><br>

<br>

I keep getting an error message that the #1103 Incorrect table name

HELP!

Peter

Peter have you access to phpMyAdmin interface?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here as I am not sure what is going on with my site. In my whos_online page, I have the following:

Currently there are 151 visitors online

Duplicate IPs:116

Bots: 2

Me!: 0

Real Customers: 33

116 of the duplicate IP addresses are from 127.0.0.1. I have seen online that this is supposed to be "me", but I am positive I don't have 116 sessions open. All of them are on different pages as well. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks for your help!

Ashley

I install the newest one v1.7 but I it won't work :,(

And my Sessions store in mySQL

I got this error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\sokkit\site\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

0 -

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='944852f178a076e8232ab99778276554'

[TEP STOP]

Some one please help

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

I install the newest one v1.7 but I it won't work :,(

And my Sessions store in mySQL

I got this error:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\sokkit\site\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

0 -

select time_entry, time_last_click from whos_online where session_id='944852f178a076e8232ab99778276554'

[TEP STOP]

Some one please help

Look at this line

C:\sokkit\site\shop\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 45

You have done something where it is trying to reference a file on you computer.

This can't be right unless you are hosting your own site on your computer.

Go back and hav another look at you paths etc.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here as I am not sure what is going on with my site. In my whos_online page, I have the following:

Currently there are 151 visitors online

Duplicate IPs:116

Bots: 2

Me!: 0

Real Customers: 33

116 of the duplicate IP addresses are from 127.0.0.1. I have seen online that this is supposed to be "me", but I am positive I don't have 116 sessions open. All of them are on different pages as well. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks for your help!

Ashley

Yes it very well could be you if you have been flicking around the cart site a lot and if you are using a browser something like firefox or something.

Try just running IE6.

Does all the duplicates disappear after about 15 minutes if you leave everthing alone?